What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus should have been sent off

CharlieF

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Translation=

What point? That Buderus was not to blame for it?

He should have been sent off, because it was an illegal dangerous tackle.

There are examples of other players being sent off for that sort of foul play. Accidental or not.

JJ

Immortal
you seriously don't have a clue - how many send-offs this year have been due to dangerous throws?

They should start now???

CharlieF

Juniors
JJ said:
you seriously don't have a clue - how many send-offs this year have been due to dangerous throws?

They should start now???

Crocker.

That was the precedent.

Anyway I don't really care about Buderus. We won't see him again this year.

skeepe

Immortal
Yes. Each case should be judged on its own merits. Buderus most definately should have been sent off. If that is not a send off, then there are no send off offences left in the game. He landed on his NECK. His NECK. It could have been broken in a tackle like that. Grade 5 IMO.

JJ

Immortal
well, given it seems to be the first game you've watched all year...

you've converted me, ban Buderus for life, he's a blight on the game, that was disgraceful

Last year there was a tackle almost identical to the one last night by Simon Woolford on a melbourne storm player. In fact Buderus one was a little worse. Woolford given 9 weeks. Be interesting to see how fair the process is

Mr Saab

Referee
waltzing Meninga said:
Last year there was a tackle almost identical to the one last night by Simon Woolford on a melbourne storm player. In fact Buderus one was a little worse. Woolford given 9 weeks. Be interesting to see how fair the process is

I am sure that after that fiasco they changed aspects of the loading system

JJ

Immortal
no Saab, it's because the world is out to persecute the Raiders, obviously

innsaneink

Referee
waltzing Meninga said:

Woollfords didnt deserve any time...one week at the most.
His record got him the 9.

btw...it wasnt almost identical...it was very very different.....whats similar is they both had mitigating circumstances.

Buderus, 1 week, 2 at the most. But he wont get 2...its eithe none, one, three or more.

skeepe

Immortal
innsaneink said:
Woollfords didnt deserve any time...one week at the most.
His record got him the 9.

Slightly incorrect. Woolford was charged with a grade 2 dangerous throw... 3 weeks automatically... carry over took him to 4, then loading added another 4 for 8 weeks.

Now, given Dunley last week got charged with a grade 1, and worse dangerous throws than Woolford's were also charged with a grade 1, can you not see how we were slightly miffed that Woolford got a grade 2? Forget the length of the sentence, that came about because of the rules at the time. Just look at the grading. Some teams are obviously treated differently to others.

Woolford, that same year, got charged with 2 high tackles... both of them grade 2 for nothing more than a tap on the chin... very soft tackles... one of our blokes got pole-axed a few weeks later, and the culprit was looking at a grade 1. That is the reason for the paranoia... and quite frankly, it's justified paranoia.

Iafeta

Referee
parra_panther said:
Exactly.

But who knows, perhaps the entire tri-nations too. Let's wait and see.

He's pulled out of the Tri Nations so those games should not count.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Its a grade 3 IMO
you wanks going on about how momentum and gravity effected the tackle, the exact arguement was made about Woolfords tackle in which he recieved 8 off weeks for. It doesnt matter what effect momentum and gravity had, buderus lifted, the player was in a dangerous position and then buderous drove down. With the carry over points and loading, i suspect 6 weeks is fair. Terrible tackle.

Raiders Ultra said it before me, but if thats not a send off a offence (and it probably isnt in this day and age) it bloody well should be. Spear tackles IMO should be automatic 10 in the bin, bad one, sent straight off.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Its a grade 3 IMO
you wanks going on about how momentum and gravity effected the tackle, the exact arguement was made about Woolfords tackle in which he recieved 8 off weeks for. It doesnt matter what effect momentum and gravity had, buderus lifted, the player was in a dangerous position and then buderous drove down. With the carry over points and loading, i suspect 6 weeks is fair. Terrible tackle.

Raiders Ultra said it before me, but if thats not a send off a offence (and it probably isnt in this day and age) it bloody well should be. Spear tackles IMO should be automatic 10 in the bin, bad one, sent straight off.

:roll:

Razor

Coach
Raider_69 said:
Its a grade 3 IMO

So you say it's the same as Woolfords tackle, but Woolford was treated too harshly? He recieved a 3-week suspension for his tackle, the loading took him to 9. Buderus doesn't have any loading going on, so if Canberra fans say Woolfords 3 weeks is too harsh how can they support 5 weeks (which a Grade 3 will give him) for Buderus?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Please go right ahead and bold the section of my post, where by im wrong GK
do that and contribute or piss off back to the knights forum and bitch about me there :)

Dutchy

Immortal
If he gets less than 5 weeks - sum1 can have my GF ticket and I'm done for the season

Latest posts