What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus should have been sent off

Mr Saab

Referee
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
But i remember a game a few years ago where Steve Kearney sparetackled Jared McCrackon, and I believe he was marched from it.

2000, and he was not sent off.
Was given 8 weeks...and Bai 3 (what i recall)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: :lol:

Buderus sent off?? You are deadset kidding. The Manly bloke didn't even land on his head. Yes it did look spectacular and he will probably only get a week, but the Manly bloke contributed to his situation. Buderus went with Robertson, by grabbing his legs towards the ankles/calves. IMO it looked a lot worse than it actually was. But being sent off? Please.

On the referee, Hampstead contributed to the fiery nature of the game by consistently letting both teams stand in front of him by 2 and 3 metres. He refused to penalise them, so they continued to do it. As for the ruck speed, well that was a joke, players lying all over each other for what seemed like an eternity.

To all the Manly fans who are blaming the referee for losing them the game, the officials are always easiest to blame aren't they ;-) You blokes defended well for the first half (although we didn't really offer too many questions) and that probably came back to haunt you at the back end of the game. The fact still remains, you shouldn't lose a finals match when you lead by 12 with 12 to go

Johns Magic

Referee
t-ba said:
"It's not his go"

Buderus' go is yelling at the ref even though he isn't the captain. Duuh!!

He must go. God Newcastle have some severe discipline issues...

Matai, Burns, Dunley, Monaghan, Kennedy...they're no angels either.

innsaneink

Referee
Grade______________one___two___three__four___five____
Dangerous Throw .........125 ...325..... 525 .......725 ....925

Grade two or more sees him out for the series.
Grade one imo, non intentional, no hand between the legs, Robbos momentum plays big part.

Buderus didn't really pull out of the tackle, usually the offender gets off lighter when they do, grade 1-3 for mine

JJ

Immortal
innsaneink said:
Grade______________one___two___three__four___five____
Dangerous Throw .........125 ...325..... 525 .......725 ....925

Grade two or more sees him out for the series.
Grade one imo, non intentional, no hand between the legs, Robbos momentum plays big part.

I agree - momentum was important. I don't think his hand was between the leg, purely an accident

skeepe

Immortal
How the f**k did Robertson contribute to the situation? Did he try to somersault out of the tackle?

Is there an eye hospital out Newcastle way? They should be very busy with all these cases of momentary blindness.

JJ

Immortal
not blaming Robertson at all - Buderus' technique was ok, wasn;t it... down to physics - he will get a suspension, but there was no intent, no hand between the legs. Physics, not Robertson or Buderus played the biggest part

innsaneink

Referee
JJ said:
not blaming Robertson at all - Buderus' technique was ok, wasn;t it... down to physics - he will get a suspension, but there was no intent, no hand between the legs. Physics, not Robertson or Buderus played the biggest part

Yeh...good point.
People with bias though cant keep a level head.

CharlieF

Juniors
JJ said:
I agree - momentum was important. I don't think his hand was between the leg, purely an accident

Accident or not, it was a spear tackle.

How many spear tackles are on purpose anyway??? They still get punished heavily for them. The "hand between the leg" is not the only way to do a spear tackle. A lot of people seem to think that. If you lift the player and then drive him, that is a spear tackle.

JJ

Immortal
CharlieF said:
Accident or not, it was a spear tackle.

How many spear tackles are on purpose anyway??? They still get punished heavily for them. The "hand between the leg" is not the only way to do a spear tackle. A lot of people seem to think that. If you lift the player and then drive him, that is a spear tackle.

yes - but the question is, should he have been sent off, and the asnwer is no.

Should he be suspended for a dangerous throw -- yes

How many are intentional? Dunno, but many are in a much more atationary position when someone puts their hand between the ball carrier's legs, and lifts - that clearly contributes to the situation. Buderus IMO merely pulled off a good tackle, which ended up dangerous throughh nothing he or Robertson did wrong

CharlieF

Juniors
JJ said:

What number shirt did Physics have??

JJ

Immortal
natural laws don't have numbers - and are beyond the control of players...

he'll get suspended and rightly so, but why are so many people sooking?

If Robertson's neck had been hurt, then BK diving on them was hardly the smartest move in the world

Latest posts