What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus

None of those guys, with the exception of Farah in the CvC game, have been better than Bedsy has in the opening stages of this season.

FTR Id like to see Robbie get there, playing at his best he can be awesome. However I have no faith that he will gain that kind of consistency in the time frame left. The Tigers only have 2 games left before the side is announced (they have the bye in round 10). I simply cant see him getting the runs on the board before then

10,000 posts.

Get a life. :p

Hutty1986

Immortal
I want Bedsy there, I'd really like Farah to be given another chance but he really hasn't put his hand up. Buderus is a passionate, tough NSWelshman and will give it to Qld-exactly what we need

Mr Saab

Referee
I want Bedsy there, I'd really like Farah to be given another chance but he really hasn't put his hand up. Buderus is a passionate, tough NSWelshman and will give it to Qld-exactly what we need

Give what to QLD? An old hooker wiho will last 50 mins, throws 100 dummy half forward passes and has next to no kicking game.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Give what to QLD? An old hooker wiho will last 50 mins, throws 100 dummy half forward passes and has next to no kicking game.

Probably better than the guy he will most likely replace.. who will throw forward passes and give away stupid penalties.. and miss crucial tackles. Bedsy will be fine.

RABK

Referee

Buderus isn't half as useless as you QLD's and Farah lovers make out.

In 24 appearances for a very dominant side Cam Smith has scored 4 tries, has 11 try assists and made 8 line breaks.

In 21 appearances for the Blues Buderus has scored 2 tries, has 6 try assists and made 8 line breaks.

Smiith is better but Buderus is not some pillow running around with the ball in hand.

The amount of disrespect and just flat out lies said about Buderus around this forum is a disgrace for a guy who's done nothing but show exactly how the game should be played without bulllshit in his game on or off the field.

It's just an agenda that started by a few haters that has just grown into a bunch of sheep repeating the same
old man', 'no attack' 'ineffective at origin' lines over and over.

I don't doubt Buderus will be one of the best players on park yet the haters will be sweating on a knock on or a forward pass so they can light up their keyboards.

Joker's Wild

Coach

lol Righteo mate, all of Smiths dummyhalf passes are backwards too

He'll be up in Qlds faces forcing errors and frustrating your playmakers when they are attacking the NSW line. He'll be the bloke chasing every lose ball and running at thei slow markers to swing the momentum.

Qld will absolutely hate it if Bedsy is picked for NSW.

Big Pete

Referee
This is why stats. aren't the end all to be end all.

Consider this.

Smith was 20 years old when he made his Origin debut largely because the only other option was McWilliams.

On the other hand, Buderus made his Origin debut at 24 on the back of a premiership and becoming Australian hooker. He didn't have to learn on the job or so to speak and would have the luxury of playing in some dominant Blue teams himself.

How about comparing Smith & Buderus from '06-08 since that's when the 'haters' are apparently basing their opinions on.

RABK

Referee
Chuck any player in history bar the likes of Johns, Daley or Fittler against QLD 06 onwards and they'd come up short.

It's why stats mean nothing?

It's why opinions like yours means shit all when Cameron Smith will tell you himself that Buderus is the best hooker he's played against and that QLD respect his abilities.

Not a single QLD player, nay not a single NRL player, from the last decade will share your Buderus ineffective opinions.

You want a medal for been able to twist a tale to favor your Buderus hating Pete? Oh anyone can do that. Consider Buderus injuries 06 onwards and the class he lacked around him from 06 onwards. Consider the class Smith had around him from 06 onwards.

Smith got a fair induction into Origin and he lost both series. Buderus entered Origin with NSW having a completely young, new look team and was excellent from the get go.

What if Hodgson had not thrown that pass - it'd read Buderus 3-2 not Smith 3-2. Oh and Smith had the benefit of salary cap rorting providing him fluency in combinations 26 weeks a year he would not of had otherwise.

Wow - that was easy to twist a tale in favor of Buderus. I take your medal back off you Pete.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Calm down Chris Crocker, I didn't say anything you're accusing me of.

Your stats. obviously aren't a true reflection of what others are basing their opinions on is all I'm saying.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Stats never tell the whole story because there is no context to them. A missed tackle is not as bad as a tackle not even attempted for example

Wayne Bennett wanted him back for his team because he knew what Bedsy had to offer to sides. You can guarantee that opinion wasn't formed by looking at stats

Big Pete

Referee
Wayne Bennett also wanted Luke Priddis at the Dragons. Nobody was calling for his Origin inclusion.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yet Bennett has come out endorcing Bedsy for SOON selection. He didn't for Priddis

Your taking the piss now Pete

Rod

Bench
The 'Buderus has been ineffective since 06' line is the one that cracks me up :lol:. Seriously people must just sit there and pull this stuff out of their ass and then others just latch on.

Big Pete

Referee
Of course I am because in context it was originally a silly statement to make.

Might as well call him Danny Bradbury the way all the other contenders have ruled themselves out.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Mate my point was that Bennett valued his contribution and that that value had little to do with any stats. Hardly a silly statement given we were discussing the value of stats and how they tell only part of the story. I think you had the context wrong in the first instance

Big Pete

Referee
For club football, hence the Priddis comparison.

Bennett doesn't always get it right when it comes to rep. footy, case in point: Kurt Gidley.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Should be an interesting couple of weeks in club footy, to see who is picked. Unless Farah regresses significantly in the next couple of performances from what he did in CvC I have no doubt who I would prefer in sky blue.

Rusty

Juniors
If Buderus has been able to shine behind the Newcastle pack then I would say he should be picked as the hooker for NSW. No doubts.

Latest posts