What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus

boonboon

Juniors
Farah is the only choice -all those people making excuses fr Buderus stats because the nights haven't been firing -you want excuses Robbie has been playing for a team that has 2 from 7 , he had off season groin surgery meaning he was always going to start the season slowly, he has been playing with a broken nose( which happened in round 2) despite all this he is still far and away the better Hooker-I mean Farah has come 2nd in the Sally m twice and fourth in 2010 his form was down a bit last year because he played the whole year injured hence the off season surgery . His defence is better then Buderus (running up out of the line and missing tackles doesent make Buderus a good defender it makes him worse) his attack is miles better and as Buderus has already pulled out of a rep game without fronting a medical his commitments to the nsw cause is clearly lacking -that alone should see him never play for his state again ever but on pure footballing ability it's like picking Luke Walsh at halfback of Andrew johns -Buderus is solid but Farah is a genius

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Mitch Rein should be a contender by next year. Probably hasn't played enough NRL yet to be considered this year, but he's a gooden I reckon.

Definitely looks like a future option. But I believe Cameron King may also be a long term option (if he stops getting injured).

Vic Mackey

Referee
The problem with knights fans is they have unconditional love for buderus. He could be the single worst player in the nrl this year and they would still say he had a great year. It's like parra fans and hindmarsh, they are both champions of their respective club and it blinds their suporters ability to judge them fairly.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hardly any tigers fans had farah in their team Pre city country. Now 90% of posters do, including neutrals.

Joker's Wild

Coach
lol Oh comon mate. Im not going to go through the whole NSW team thread but you are delusional if you think no Tigers fans were picking Robbie despite his shitty performances leading up to CvC. However there were tonnes of teams from both Knights and neutral fans picking Bedsy, based on the good work he was doing this year.

NSW fans get excited by 1 good game and are just as likely to burn a player the next week if he puts in a sub par one. If he is still getting mentioned in 2 weeks time then you can start celebrating. Until then calling others out for club bias is f**king rich

TimmyB

Juniors
Who cares who's a better option, or who's been playing better? Buderus was always going to get selected this year, always. The PR machine was in full flight a month before the season started.

Dragon2010

First Grade

I love this comment:

Why dont we just start again and actually pick a team who can threaten QLD....so many players have failed for way to many years ie. Gidley, Watmough, Jennings, Pearce, Bird. I know no matter what team we pick we might not win so it doesnt matter to go a lil different. 1. Hayne 2. B Morris 3. Idris (at least then inglis or hodges have to worry defensivly) 4. J Morris 5. Uate 6. Carney 7. Maloney 8. A Woods 9. Farrah 10. Gallen 11. T-Rex 12. Lewis 13. G Stewart 14. Hinchcliffe 15. T Sims 16. Mateo 17. J Bakuya

Jennings Watmough and Bird failures?

Bakuys and Idris?

Allstar Knights

Juniors
lol Idris.

Bukuya is a good prospect though, but won't be ready for another year at least. I'm not even sure if he's eligible. I know he played for Fiji in the 2008 WC.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Am certain I read something a few weeks back saying he was a QLDer. TBH, he's a good player but backrow is one area NSW is not short in (and has not been the source of our problems over the last 6 years).

Spot On

Coach
Farah's figures give Stuart food for Origin thought

Josh Rakic

April 26, 20112
Danny Buderus might well be Ricky Stuart's favourite to be the Blues' State of Origin hooker for game one but some not so flattering statistics show Buderus will need to play his game of the year if the Blues plan on preventing a seventh-straight series defeat. While Stuart hopes the former Blues captain will have an inspirational, Allan Langer-like effect - think the 2001 Origin series when Langer returned to steer the Maroons to an unlikely series victory - on the Blues side, this year's statistics show Robbie Farah clearly has the wood on the Newcastle hero. Buderus has missed twice as many tackles as Farah, made three-quarters less offloads, has made 14 metres less each game and has run the ball half as much. And Farah is second, behind Cameron Smith, as the hooker with the most kicks this season; the Wests Tigers captain has kicked the ball 23 times. Buderus, not known for his kicking game, has two.

Buderus 7 games, 254 tackles made, 21 missed.

Farah - 5 games, 156 tackles made, 12 missed.

Their miss ratio is nearly identical. The article is misleading.

Latest posts