What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bugs/Errors Thread

LOMU_LORD

Juniors
ive got the PSX version and noticed quite a few issues

the MAIN problem i had was...i converted a try and as the ball went over the cross bar it frose.....and continued frozzen for 5 minutes after until i reset my console...this is a MAJOR bug if any!!!!!!!!

a couple of times wen it was a handover the player wouldnt pick the ball up to restart play and the team who were meant to handover actually got the ball back!!!!!

i had a player running on the spot for a whole 10 minute game making my whole game a player short!!!!!!

the lack of defense on scrums as some of u have noticed is quite silly....

overall im am very happy with the gameplay etc....but these problems really worried me at times.....especially the time it froze....im worrying right the way through every game waiting 4 it to do it again :cry:

Matt M

Juniors
travdaddy said:
angelus said:
travdaddy said:
also, i tied a game, and it went to golden point.. i then scored a try to clinch the game, but it didn't allow me to take the conversion, it just cut straight to the final score screen!!

How is that a bug? That's exactly how it's meant to be. Score a try and the games over, just like in real life.

i just thought whenever you score a try, you get the opportunity to convert it, sorry my bad

In golden point its just whoever scores first, so they don't have conversions because they are quite pointless.

TripleM

Juniors
devonuto said:
I've noticed a couple of things... if you get held up over the try line on the fifth tackle, you still get the scrum feed instead of being a handover.

Nah it is a handover. I think the commentator says something about the 5th play but theres only actually been 4 tackles.

There are other times like Razor said where it doesn't clear the button you have pushed earlier. For example, if you accidentally push X (or kick or watever) way before your kickoff, its too late to change it or line it up. If you get a penalty, and push pass a second after its given to you, you can't avoid taking the tap. Oh well.

ripper

Mighty Heighty said:
somethingwithjohn said:
*dont know if its just me but you cant fight for scrum wins , like the team that puts the ball in allways gets it back, i prefer tow in my scrums using a little skill.

it has already bêen confirmed before that scrums are uncontested.

Ive never seen a scrum go against the head in League

Maccas

Juniors
Morenito said:
There is a problem with the disc you are using.
It may be dirty or damaged
Remove the disc to Continue

Pretty good for a game that’s 4 hours old!
:roll:

Just got the same message as I was making a team and was about to save it. :roll:

umosay

Juniors
Ok, heres an odd bug to say the least, i was just playing a season with the warriors (PC) and when i got to playing souths, each time i kick or the CPU kicks the ball stops dead on the ground where it lands and gets stuck!!! then i went to the next game and it still did it!!! lol

guys about the 'flat footed' players, i press pass virtually as soon as the tackle is made on my player, then you don't have to press anything when he gets to dummy half and the player is running onto the ball 90% of the time, try to avoid long diving passes from dummyhalf as they always get caught flat footed :/

also another bug in the same game (v souths), my player was running on the spot and he never got to dummy half, so i waited 1 minute till the end of the half and it did nothing, so i had to restart :/

Goldthorpe

Bench
Are you able to change the player from dummy half?

I.E - Change your player to the first receiver from dummy half?

Erhan said:
Scenario :

I have the ball, & time has expired... I then lose the ball. End of game right ?

NO.

Scrum - Computer gets the scrum and scores to win the game.

RESULT :

NOT HAPPY JAN.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

forgive me for finding this post so humorous.

Alan Shore

First Grade
I'd be very disappointed if patches weren't released. All the top game companies, who make the better games all release patches to fix bugs, which in turn improve gameplay. If Sidehe and HES want us to buy the sequel again next year they need to give us good service now.

Hurriflatch

Referee
One bug I found on the PS2 version

2 player game
Other player Took a kick for goal from 90 meters out.

missed obviously but the ball finished from the kick around 1/2 way yet when I picked it up I was 90 meters out from my own line

Razor

Coach
Paullyboy said:
Minor bug but still should probably be fixed - If you play in season mode and kick a penalty goal, it is recorded in that players stats as a field goal.

What version is that?

Doesn't happen on the PC version.

i don't know if this happened to any of u guys but weneva a do NRL season Manly are always undefeated for about 20 rds!!! No offense, but there not that good!

supersoniceagle

Juniors
Ryan_Loves_Broncos said:
i don't know if this happened to any of u guys but weneva a do NRL season Manly are always undefeated for about 20 rds!!! No offense, but there not that good!
woohoo go Manly lol

haha this bug thread is some of the funniest stuff I've read. Defending from scrums really gets on my nerves. Also, I can't remember what happened, I think a try was scored, and u could see the touch judge walking backwards like he was doing the moonwalk, onto the field! :lol:

devonuto

Juniors
ripper73 said:

It happened this year in one of the Panthers games, also in a St George game against the knights back in 2001, but it doesn't happen very often.

labinator

Juniors
i wouldnt say this is a bug but the hooker is hardly ever the dummy half, and why do the halves (5/8 and hb) stand on the wings until the 4th or 5th tackle? is there any way to combat this?

ripper

devonuto said:
ripper73 said:

It happened this year in one of the Panthers games, also in a St George game against the knights back in 2001, but it doesn't happen very often.

Wow, twice in 3 years. Thats a really good arguement it should be in the game

Hurriflatch

Referee
yeah that is a bug I'vce found not really sure if bug is correct term

but player positioning is not the best.

Petersen made a break down the right hand touch line flicks it inside to Grothe (who was ment to be on the other wing). then to see who was on the wing I spread it wide to find "winger" Nathan Cayless scoring in the corner.

Most of the bugs I've found are just minor things that can be fairly easily fixed in the next version.

Things like

- Player positioning
- Michael Witt while in the game has never been called Witt only halfback, scrumhalf, #7 (PS2 version) same with Ashley Graham but getting called winger, centre or fullback depending on where I play him. But Matt Nightingale who was playing on the bench in reserve grade and Jereimah Pai do have their names called
- When there is no dummy half the markers should be able to grab the ball
- Scoreboard at end of game isn't big enough to cover all scorers if lots of tries scored.

As I said minor problems only overall very good game

Hurriflatch

Referee
One other thing I've found.

On the PS2 version not sure about others

If you score a try after the siern but miss the goal and don't kick the ball dead the game continues.

Read my post in memorable moments for the advantage of this :D

Reggie Dunlop

Juniors
On the PC version
The referee sometimes but his hands up for 10 in the bin but Voss says he's sent off and he never comes back. other times he says he's sent off and he comes back after 10min.

also they couldnt find the ball when one of my kicks for touch went out. the clock counted down and the the game would end.

penalties after the hooter dont get played.

the goal kick is really inconsistent, some times i hit the button and it registers way to late.

Not a bug but I'd love to have Blacklock referred to as blacklock and not no, 2 or winger. what are the chances of vossy doing more voices and load them in a patch.

Perhaps allowing knocks on to be picked up by the defending team.

too many send offs.

the computer generated stats are way off.

hit ups are registered properly

I would consider these all minor.
over all a fantastic game

Reggie Dunlop