What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building leg muscle without weights

WOTBEH

Juniors
Why do I get the feeling that I will start lifting light on my legs, then a big guy will interupt me and ask me do I even lift?

No ):

You need to stop worrying what people might be thinking.

I was really fat and I was self conscious how I looked but I still went to the gym.

Best part was people coming up to me and saying how good I was doing when I started losing weight. You'd be surprised how most people are supportive.

As for weights at home , you could manufacture your own .

Get some big water containers ( 20L) and do squats with them.

Snoochies

First Grade
Just think if you started 12 months ago and where would you be now. Where do you want to be this time next year? Hopefully not asking the same question I presume.

_snafu_

Immortal
Just think if you started 12 months ago and where would you be now. Where do you want to be this time next year? Hopefully not asking the same question I presume.

This is true.

Just get into it. You don't want to look like a light bulb.

Joker's Wild

Coach
If you are that worried what people at the gym think of you then invest in some dumbbells and start working out from home. They really dont cost much and you can do most weighted exercises with them (squats, lunges, deads, etc).

Stop making excuses

Fire

First Grade
Take a box cutter to the gym, find the biggest motherf**ker there, walk up to him and say "you want some of this!", and stab him 30 times in the neck. No-one will laugh at you again.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If you are that worried what people at the gym think of you then invest in some dumbbells and start working out from home. They really dont cost much and you can do most weighted exercises with them (squats, lunges, deads, etc).

Stop making excuses

He will outgrow them too quick. Just harden up and go to a gym. Seriously nobody will judge him.

Cliffhanger

Coach

Stop making excuses

Exactly, nothing annoys me more than people saying they don't have the time, if you want to do it, you will make time.

Joker's Wild

Coach
He will outgrow them too quick. Just harden up and go to a gym. Seriously nobody will judge him.

There is more to lifting than going "heavy, heavy, heavy" mate

From the sounds of things the bloke is a beginner and lacks the confidence to go to the gym.

aqua_duck

Coach
Buy yourself an old beer keg and do overhead squats with it, they weigh about 15-20kg empty and when completely filled up weigh over 50kg. A lot cheaper than weights

WOTBEH

Juniors
I go to the gym!

Oh hey by the way, random question, but why are girls staring at me? There are much better looking and shaped people.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
^ same, starting going back to the gym on dec 27th want to drop 15kgs by this time next year.

But yea, dont be afraid, i cant lift to save myself ,but ive had a couple of guys in the gym say at least I'm giving it a go.

Like it was said previously, your doing better than bloke on the couch with his bag of potato chips

Fire

First Grade
Wotbeh, stop sniffing the exercise bike seat after they've finished using it dude...

Latest posts