What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldog bid for Feleti Mateo and Krisnan Inu

SNIFFING a reshuffle at Parramatta, the Bulldogs are tracking the scent of Eels stars Feleti Mateo and Krisnan Inu. Although both players are contracted until the end of next season, Bulldogs figures have made clandestine inquiries about the pair's availability to switch clubs in 2010.
Parramatta recently signed representative props Justin Poore and Shane Shackleton to big money deals, and are also scouting Craig Wing.
The spending spree has increased speculation the Eels will shed players to relieve cap pressure.. Inu could be granted a release if a rival club bought-out a large chunk of his $275,000-a-season salary.
The Bulldogs are on the look-out for a goal-kicking three quarter to replace Hazem El Masri, who is expected to announce his retirement today. But while Inu is on the Belmore club's radar, Mateo tops their wish list.
"If Parramatta did have to move Feleti to fit other players, then we'd love to have him," a Bulldogs insider said.
The Eels were last night adamant Mateo would never be released.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,25710519-5003409,00.html

strider

Post Whore
:lol: ... as if we'd move Feleti to sign some other nuffies ... or even Inu - Inu could be great if he can string a few confident games together

El Diablo

Post Whore
i don't understand how the Dogs have money. they went on a massive spending spree last year

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Kimmorley, Ryan and El Masri probably wont be there in 2011.

I think I remember hearing Ando say he wants to work Mateos game. Sounds to me like he is in his long term plans.

If the Dogs wanna play Inu on the wing and pay him the amount of money that he will end up earning, then thats their foolish problem. If they want Mateo, it will be from our cold dead hands.

I dont think this story has too much to it. Probably just some managers trying to up the coin a bit knowing that there are plenty of off contract players out there.

Im fairly confident that both will stay, same with Hayne. Last time we re-signed Hayne, i was confident that that re-signing would be the hardest one. I think Hayne and Mateo will be Eels for life.

natheel

Coach
i cant see DA shifting Mateo and Inu to an extent to sign a few players. Especially Feleti, he wont go anywhere.

as for inu i hope his good game against broncos will be his first of many this year!!!

the master eel

Juniors
you can rest assured that feleti is going nowhere. the coach and new board have him firmly entrenched in their futue plans. that you can take it as gospel!!

the master eel

Juniors
speculation arose because someone asked jim dymock about feleti and he said he would love to have him at the dogs.
parra are trying to build a new team around the likes of mateo, hindy, shackleton and poore.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm confident that if Feleti and Krisnan are happy at Parramatta, they'll stay. Much like Hayne.

And with us attracting big name players in Poore and Shackleton we will, most likely, be more competitive and the fun will come storming back into Parramatta. We're building something special here, and I am confident Kris and Feleti will want to be a part of that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
lol...I smell the work of Titan management group right here,

both share the same managers..

both contracts expire at the end of 10

INU has his first big game for a long time on sunday..

I can read these pricks like a book.

lewiscook

Juniors
The reason why they are after Krisnan is because Hazem is retiring.
They need a winger and a good goal kicker.
As much as next year on the field will be great, off-field trying to retain players is going to be a pain in the arse.
Mateo is so important in our club going forward.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
cant see these guys leaving...

hayne, inu and mateo are very very very close.

If you seen Hayne at a club on the weekend, mateo or inu are with him 90% of the time.

Latest posts