What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldog bid for Feleti Mateo and Krisnan Inu

Delboy

First Grade
Read the article, it said that the Bulldogs official was asked if the Eels had to shed players due to the salary cap ( who said they would need to), would you be interested in Mateo and Inu..... and guess what the answer was "yes, if they became available"

Ok, then ask our officials, if Thurston was released form the Cowboys due to the salary cap, would you be interested (insert any high profile playes name), what would be the answer.

All in all, a slow news day as they can't keep bashing the Rooters

caylo

Bench
an interview I saw with Hayne suggested he is going to be looking for big money even if it means going to union. Not the sort of talk that indicates he wants to stay a one club man

Well apparently Hayne signed for less at Parramatta then Souths were offering him. From what I know of Hayne (and I have alot of friends that played with him in jnr days) is that he enjoys it here with guys he grew up playing with (like Inu, Mateo, Keating brothers, Paulo and Hauraki). I think Hayne will spend the majority of his footy playing days at parramatta and may leave nearing 30 to chase big dollars overseas. Hayne will be getting big dollars anywhere and its not like any club would offer him more than 50-100K more than we should (i.e Hayne will get paid around 400-450K mark and someone like Hunt is struggling to get offered more than 400K here in Australia.)

The Colonel

Immortal
Read the article, it said that the Bulldogs official was asked if the Eels had to shed players due to the salary cap ( who said they would need to), would you be interested in Mateo and Inu..... and guess what the answer was "yes, if they became available"

Ok, then ask our officials, if Thurston was released form the Cowboys due to the salary cap, would you be interested (insert any high profile playes name), what would be the answer.

All in all, a slow news day as they can't keep bashing the Rooters

Why read the article when you can jump to conclusions? Probably the only exercise many on here get...... I have stairs up to my office so it doesn't really worry me.

Delboy

First Grade
Well, Colonel it is a bit like the panic when other clubs sign our players, granted I was always worried about the actions of our previous coach, but we need to place a lot more faith in what is happening at the moment in O'Connell Street.

We may lose the odd good player, but where are the Sharks in NYC, even beneath our poorly coached lot, good on Joe for picking up players from the club he knows best, but we are good at jumping to conclusions ( where is Blake Green, Trent Hodko, James Maloney,etc ) all right there are a few like Wolfman but we need to keep our rather large feet on the ground and stop jumping at shadows.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, Colonel it is a bit like the panic when other clubs sign our players, granted I was always worried about the actions of our previous coach, but we need to place a lot more faith in what is happening at the moment in O'Connell Street.

We may lose the odd good player, but where are the Sharks in NYC, even beneath our poorly coached lot, good on Joe for picking up players from the club he knows best, but we are good at jumping to conclusions ( where is Blake Green, Trent Hodko, James Maloney,etc ) all right there are a few like Wolfman but we need to keep our rather large feet on the ground and stop jumping at shadows.

Personally, and many would disagree I'm sure, but I would take Grothe and Reddy over Wolfman any day.

caylo

Bench
Personally, and many would disagree I'm sure, but I would take Grothe and Reddy over Wolfman any day.

The wolfman was lucky to be part of a very good Sea Eagle team, same as guys like Tuner and Quinn. IMO if he had stayed here, he would not have had much sucess behind a struggling Parramatta team. Reddy showed against the broncos how stong and quick he is, also he had proved he is a very good finisher and a good defender. I would chose Reddy and Grothe hands down over Williams irrespective of their pay packet (but I would imagine they would be both cheeper than williams)

sooperdooper

First Grade
Well apparently Hayne signed for less at Parramatta then Souths were offering him. From what I know of Hayne (and I have alot of friends that played with him in jnr days) is that he enjoys it here with guys he grew up playing with (like Inu, Mateo, Keating brothers, Paulo and Hauraki). I think Hayne will spend the majority of his footy playing days at parramatta and may leave nearing 30 to chase big dollars overseas. Hayne will be getting big dollars anywhere and its not like any club would offer him more than 50-100K more than we should (i.e Hayne will get paid around 400-450K mark and someone like Hunt is struggling to get offered more than 400K here in Australia.)

hayne likes being at the eels...
but he didnt play jnr footy with paulo so not sure what made you think of that.
paulo is a penrith jnr who then went to the sharks and then the eels.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hayne got Poore to come to Parra, we are a club on the move. New coach, new Admin. Can't see us lose any of those 3.

IFR33K

Coach
I got my cousin to ring up Inu, as soon as I seen the article, and Inu told him that the eels have asked him if he would be interested in finding a new club.

Inu's response was that he knows his form is down, but DOESN'T want to go anywhere. He wants to really work hard for a new contract from the eels.

grapeape

Juniors
inu is under utilised, he must feel unwanted.

he can kick better than burt, and doesnt get enuff early ball.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I got my cousin to ring up Inu, as soon as I seen the article, and Inu told him that the eels have asked him if he would be interested in finding a new club.

dumb move if true

ridiculous actually and it would come back to bite us badly

Latest posts