What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs are rubbish!

Vibing

Juniors
Whomever lost that game today would be hanging their heads in shame. Bulldogs losing to Newcastle by 66-nil is beyond woeful and completely embarrassing.
And this is coming from a very one-eyed Knights supporter.

That team of plodders in Newcastle jumpers should not be breaking club records for biggest wins in the club's history. I'm stoked for the Knights, but that was embarrassing from Canterbury.
this

they weren't flogged by a full strength penrith side , or anything like one
nuff said

Wizardman

First Grade
Yep.....some alarm bells ringing with Ciraldo already.

His massive issue is essentially the same as the Tigers.....a shit spine. The only difference between them and us is we at least admit that the players in those positions (Bula excluded) are shit. The Bulldogs and their fans though are pretty much in denial as pretty much most of them recently joined the club on big bucks.

*Perham.....he'll not have a regular gig in first grade after this season in the NRL.
*Burton....Im still yet to be convinced he is an NRL 6. He seems much more of a centre to me. Unfortanatly for Burton and the Dogs, his pay grade is too high to play centre and won't be put there. In the 90s or earlier eras, this problem would not exist and he'd have been moved to centre already.
*Reynolds, Rajeb, Oloapu, Flanagan....the multiple 7s who have been tried and failed there due to a combo of either being useless or not ready for first grade.
*Mahoney: He was quite effective at Parra...but his game has regressed bigtime. Reduced to basically a passer and a tackler.

Them buying Chriction to play fullback will not make things better either.

They are in for a world of hurt

Apey

Staff member
Bump.

canterbury and their friends in the media are using injuries as the reason they’re not going as well as fans expected, but most clubs have had decent injury tolls and soft tissue injuries this year.
kinda funny they made the Grand Final the year after this thread was made

Exsilium

Coach
It was never going to turn around in one season.

I think next year they will be much better. Crichton, Kikau and moving Burton would make a massive difference.

But as others have said, they need a better halfback.

Perth Red

Post Whore
But as others have said, they need a better halfback.
Probably true of half the clubs in NRL! where's the halfbacks gone?
what's happening at Jnr level that is seeing this dearth of halfback talent at 1st grade? Is it too much of a power game from U16's > to see talented halfbacks shine now in Jnrs?

Dogs Of War

Coach
As most of you wouldn't have watched the NSW Cup match before it, the Dogs were doing the same crap there, that's a team that's actually been playing very well. It suggest something else has happened in the last couple of weeks and it's really impacted the playing group at a whole. Dogs have been getting beat this year cause we don't have the forwards to even give us a chance at the moment but the guys were trying, but yesterday there was no effort whatsoever. Be interesting what has happened behind the scenes.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I'm sure that the Bulldogs will be a far better team next season, once the Gus Gould factor sets in.
Thats the problem it has set in, you are currently recently reaping the benefits of getting rid of the Gould factor.
He is nothing but a filthly little self proclaimed guru.
The big part of his great plan at the Dogs is to dismantle to good parts of the culture there and given his history I would not be surprised if Ciraldo is not the problem but Gould is meddling, that gets nothing but tears

Thats the problem it has set in, you are currently recently reaping the benefits of getting rid of the Gould factor.
He is nothing but a filthly little self proclaimed guru.
The big part of his great plan at the Dogs is to dismantle to good parts of the culture there and given his history I would not be surprised if Ciraldo is not the problem but Gould is meddling, that gets nothing but tears
I'm not a big fan of Gus, but he did turn things around at the Panthers.

Exsilium

Coach
Probably true of half the clubs in NRL! where's the halfbacks gone?
what's happening at Jnr level that is seeing this dearth of halfback talent at 1st grade? Is it too much of a power game from U16's > to see talented halfbacks shine now in Jnrs?

I feel like theres a two fold problem.

Established halves tend to get looked at over any of the halves that have bided their time behind the same established players. So, without a frequency of change or commitment to developing halves, players will reinvent themselves in other roles that have a higher likelihood of gaining an NRL spot.

The other factor is that the seven role is so specific that unless you get picked up early and a club backs you to perform, you’ll likely be second or third choice.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Gus is part of the problem. Everyone gives him credit for Penrtih, which he deserves to some extent. However they forget that his vision for Penrith was a dynasty with Moylan, DWZ, RCG, Mansour, Peachey, Blake, Cartwright etc. It was only after Penrith got rid of those shit contracts (and him) that they came good.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I'm not a big fan of Gus, but he did turn things around at the Panthers.
I keep getting told otherwise, its all the hard work of others that he took the credit for and some he sacked who since returned. All I saw of Gould's influence was a rapid decline of the junior reps when he was there that miraculously improved after.
I am def no fan of old man cleary but the systems and structures he and his team have installed are the reason your NRL team is doing well. We seeing it with one half out another steps in that knows the system and its seamless

I keep getting told otherwise, its all the hard work of others that he took the credit for and some he sacked who since returned. All I saw of Gould's influence was a rapid decline of the junior reps when he was there that miraculously improved after.
I am def no fan of old man cleary but the systems and structures he and his team have installed are the reason your NRL team is doing well. We seeing it with one half out another steps in that knows the system and its seamless
Well i was one of them who drank the Kool Aid then

Someguy

First Grade
Sex bomb is a somewhat promising halfback. I fear this move to the dogs will derail his career and force him to ESL

Latest posts