What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs chasing Brett Morris

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Let's just pretend for a while that this rumour is true and Brett wants to play with his brother at the Dogs. My view would be as follows:

1. I love Brett; but he is a 28 year old winger. Wingers do not win you competitions;
2. I would play very hard ball with Hasler along the following lines; "Sure Des we will do a deal, we want Klemer and Jackson for Brett and we will throw in a few dollars to balance the deal and we will pay for you to get a proper haircut as well. Do you like those apples Des".
3. All teams in this competition excepting the Broncos and the Roosters work to a salary cap and that means taking the Money Ball approach. You need to squeeze every once of value out of each player and you need to be very adroit and unemotional about doing deals; even with favoured sons.

So lets put that deal and mentality to Des and let Brett enjoy the plush surrounds of Belmore and Lakemba rather then Wollongong's beautiful beaches.

ggould

Juniors
Well if it's true what can you do??? But the way I see it is that the dogs have been linked to every conceivable fullback they can think of!! Hoffman , Boyd , Stewart , Hayne , Beale from the union etc. I can remember when we lost Beale when he did his knee and they threw Brett into fullback for a while and he didn't like it so???? Let's just wait and see if he goes he goes!!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Only thing that has me worried is that BMoz is usually tweeting on his twitter account and you would think he would have come out and said something by now if he was not going?

If he goes it will be a deadset disgrace.

Don't Saints have any concessions for 10+ years players? Surely BMoz falls under that.

saints4me

Juniors
Let's just pretend for a while that this rumour is true and Brett wants to play with his brother at the Dogs. My view would be as follows:

1. I love Brett; but he is a 28 year old winger. Wingers do not win you competitions;
2. I would play very hard ball with Hasler along the following lines; "Sure Des we will do a deal, we want Klemer and Jackson for Brett and we will throw in a few dollars to balance the deal and we will pay for you to get a proper haircut as well. Do you like those apples Des".
3. All teams in this competition excepting the Broncos and the Roosters work to a salary cap and that means taking the Money Ball approach. You need to squeeze every once of value out of each player and you need to be very adroit and unemotional about doing deals; even with favoured sons.

So lets put that deal and mentality to Des and let Brett enjoy the plush surrounds of Belmore and Lakemba rather then Wollongong's beautiful beaches.

There's so much wrong with this that I don't know where to start.
Simple truth is NO. He's a Dragon legend and should stay that way. If they want to play together again then Josh can come back home. If we lose Brett that says more about Dragons management than Brett.

blacksafake

First Grade
I would be most surprised if this was the case.He is my favourite winger, but if it does happen i will brush him & Doust/Mary can get F###ked.

There are also rumours that Merrin want's out as well? so who know's

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Saints4me

Agreed, there is so much wrong with this. But from my experience in running my own business, when staff want out and start agitating to achieve that end, let them go. I agree that Brett is a Saints legend. He seems like a terrific fellow and he is a tremendous player; but as I alluded to in my post "Let's pretend this is true".. then if it is we had better make sure the marbles fall our way in any potential deal.

If a contracted player wants out then lets make sure we get HEAVILLY compensated in any deal. That is all I am saying.

Two or three Bulldogs forwards (Kasiano, Tolman + maybe one other) in a swap deal for B Morris? Saddens me to say but I'd probably take such a deal. Mata'utia and Runciman our new left wing/three quarter combo? Could be much worse.

As much as this may be rumor and innuendo, lets face facts here, Brett, and Nighty, aren't getting any younger. These two are key in our undoubted world class back line. They are key to us potentially winning another premiership, and that window is quickly closing. We need to recruit in our weak areas to prepare for the next 3 years, otherwise it will be more of the same past 3 years.

No. Just No. Don't do that.

GT0007

Juniors
IMO it's absolute rubbish. So Brett doesnt like his Australian coach, he doesn't like his club coach and next it will be he doesnt like Dally his NSW coach and wants to defect to QLD lol. Sounds funny that all of a sudden a player who is squeaky clean and has not said booo in his whole career is having all these personality clashes. At face value it really just doesnt sound like the humble Morris I've come to know as a supporter for the last 10yrs

FlameThrower

Bench
If true it will be a historical right royal cockup on our part! He has scored over 100 tries, a rep player who is now senior member of team, u show me a ready replacement for him??

Elias1983

Coach
Dragons twitter page responded about 3 hours ago.

Some along lines of " we've had tweets regarding bmorris, recruitment tell us that club is in discussions with his management about extending and upgrading".

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
J. Morris had a chance to come back, but what's his beef with us? I hope for his sake he gets that premiership with the bulldogs, otherwise Brett will have bragging rights for many Christmas lunch's to come!

Dragonboyd

Juniors
This is the f**king biggest load of shit I've ever heard in my life. So Brett, who as many have pointed out was made captain in lieu of several other people (in Creaghs absence) and, who has a young family settled in the Illawarra - is going to ask for a release to play for f**king Canterbury out of all clubs.

Brett is in great form, he's coming off a historic origin series win and will be playing for Australia. The clubs not as bad as everyone on here makes it out to be, plus he's already won every trophy in the game. Why would he bother?

TruSaint

Referee
This is the f**king biggest load of shit I've ever heard in my life. So Brett, who as many have pointed out was made captain in lieu of several other people (in Creaghs absence) and, who has a young family settled in the Illawarra - is going to ask for a release to play for f**king Canterbury out of all clubs.

Brett is in great form, he's coming off a historic origin series win and will be playing for Australia. The clubs not as bad as everyone on here makes it out to be, plus he's already won every trophy in the game. Why would he bother?

Have to agree wholeheartedly on this.

The guy is breaking records left , right and centre. He is on good coin and closing in on 30.

I dont have any inside contacts of any reliability nor do I suggest the rumours are not of some substance.

He has been great to the club and vice versa.

BMoz should end up a one club man IMHO.