What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

Got to love how people want to tear the kid down before we know the facts. Gambling alone would not cause a suspension you would think. Very good move by the Dogs to be proactive. They are going to struggle badly without him. Brave call but a mature one. Greenberg is certainly a leader.

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
[FKN-SIK];8967696;13251 said:
Daley Cherry-Evans shouldn't be encouraging it either....

Especially when he just had a baby delivered a few days ago

It's all good, he didn't sign for it

Canard

Immortal
Got to love how people want to tear the kid down before we know the facts. Gambling alone would not cause a suspension you would think. Very good move by the Dogs to be proactive. They are going to struggle badly without him.

Other than the odd dickhead, this has been a pretty good reaction by LU standards, in fact I would say a bloody good one.

Its more just complete confusion with the way the Dogs have dealt with this so far.

ceagle

Bench
[FKN-SIK];8967696;13251 said:
Daley Cherry-Evans shouldn't be encouraging it either....

Especially when he just had a baby delivered a few days ago
Benny's a big enough boy to think for himself

Other than the odd dickhead, this has been a pretty good reaction by LU standards, in fact I would say a bloody good one.

Its more just complete confusion with the way the Dogs have dealt with this so far.

I agree Canard. I don't really see that anyone has been tearing the kid down in here. The odd dog shot but not at Barba. Just speculation and nothing really to bad in my opinion.

Have seen much worse than this on this site.

Cookie67

Juniors
Something that he has had to deal with since he was a kid sounds like some sort of mental disorder (dont actually mean that in a bad way) ADD etc. Wouldnt think it is just the drink. I know, thinking of the problems kids have, maybe he has a habit of picking his nose in public and being the face of the league they could take it. lol.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
TO those suggesting the mods are being "nazis" about this - it's simple. Don't say anything you cannot back up with evidence or sources, particularly if it could be considered even remotely slanderous or libellous.

There's a difference between freedom of speech (so to speak) and making unfounded allegations about somebody.

@MarTiger

Juniors
Don't know what the problems are but I will say I respect the Bulldogs for being tough with a player of his caliber. A lot of teams find it very easy to be strict on the lesser names but many will go easy on the stars. They should be applauded for having the guts to risk some short term success for the sake of the long term benefit of club and player.

Nice post sir, I agree. Greenberg is the leading light at an administrator off the field - he proved it again.

In regards to Barba, I won't speculate here only await the details. I am assuming his recent split from the mother of his children that sees him with a new girlfriend may come in to this somewhere though...

bellyache

Bench
TO those suggesting the mods are being "nazis" about this - it's simple. Don't say anything you cannot back up with evidence or sources, particularly if it could be considered even remotely slanderous or libellous.

There's a difference between freedom of speech (so to speak) and making unfounded allegations about somebody.
Anyone who gives Barba a hard time is jealous of his ability, Ben needs time and I hope its short and he returns ASAP!

Latest posts