What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

betcats

Referee
TO those suggesting the mods are being "nazis" about this - it's simple. Don't say anything you cannot back up with evidence or sources, particularly if it could be considered even remotely slanderous or libellous.

There's a difference between freedom of speech (so to speak) and making unfounded allegations about somebody.

Mods are shit

Usain Bolt

Bench
1D9798F1-BAE7-43F9-9604-CFC4546D1A24-419-0000002FB6D184DC.jpg

dogslife

Coach
I though TG handled it pretty well. Especially the one dropkick in particular who kept implying it was the public's right to know what personal issues he was dealing with

rnb11

Juniors
If he's back in a few weeks we'll all know it's a f**king publicity stunt. You don't go on about all these personal demons, troubled childhood, obvious gambling and alcohol issues and whatever else is going on in the little f**ks head and be recovered within weeks. If they're serious about this and Barba seriously has issues bad enough to almost get him sacked then 6 months will be the bare minimum. You don't come out and say he's ill and needs help and he's hit rock bottom and then a few weeks later say he's all better. Dogs are f**ked. Shit backs apart from Morris, shit halves without him and their best forward out for half the year.

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
I though TG handled it pretty well. Especially the one dropkick in particular who kept implying it was the public's right to know what personal issues he was dealing with

He probably did but to me he always seems to be big noting himself.

Saltan

Juniors
Further proof why Anthony Mundine is actually is a great Role Model. You can imagine of how certain people would look for any negatives on him while some are protected. Yet they can't find any negatives in personal life. Perhaps being hated and knowing that people will try to bring him down makes him make smarter decision in lifestyle actions. By talking himself up again to keep his disipline and focus.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I love the line from Greenberg about termination... this is quite clearly rather serious if he's hosing down termination speculation.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Shit backs and halves? I'll grant you that Keating isn't a world-beater, but Josh Reynolds was amongst the best in the game in 2013, and they're considering him for NSW.

As for our backs? Turner's played for NSW, Inu and Perrett are NZ internationals, Morris is a NSW & Australian rep, and we've got young blokes like Lafai and Low coming through who are very capable.

I seem to remember this was a shit team last year and they were minor premiers and grand finalists... so keep writing us off :thumb

magpie4ever

First Grade
Whilst I have a hatred of Canterbury stemming back to the Wests - Canterbury rivally and Moore & Humphreys kicking us out of the comp; I wish Ben all the best - very good footballer and I hope his personal issues can be overcome.

Dogs Of War

Coach
If he's back in a few weeks we'll all know it's a f**king publicity stunt. You don't go on about all these personal demons, troubled childhood, obvious gambling and alcohol issues and whatever else is going on in the little f**ks head and be recovered within weeks. If they're serious about this and Barba seriously has issues bad enough to almost get him sacked then 6 months will be the bare minimum. You don't come out and say he's ill and needs help and he's hit rock bottom and then a few weeks later say he's all better. Dogs are f**ked. Shit backs apart from Morris, shit halves without him and their best forward out for half the year.

It looks more like the Bulldogs are ensuring that Barba can get his stuff sorted. Get any counselling he needs, sort out his affairs etc, without having to worry about footy for a while.

It's good to see that the Bulldogs can recognize when a player is potentially going off the rails, and try and get him whatever help he needs currently.

bellyache

Bench
Shit backs and halves? I'll grant you that Keating isn't a world-beater, but Josh Reynolds was amongst the best in the game in 2013, and they're considering him for NSW.

As for our backs? Turner's played for NSW, Inu and Perrett are NZ internationals, Morris is a NSW & Australian rep, and we've got young blokes like Lafai and Low coming through who are very capable.

I seem to remember this was a shit team last year and they were minor premiers and grand finalists... so keep writing us off :thumb
Pezz will cover Benny till his return.. Pezz is a fine #1.

POPEYE

Coach
Nothing to do with what happens on the field so anyone getting mileage out of it can get f**ked for mine, this is a League forum, not a f**king gossip column.

Unless you are struggling at 0-6 at that stage :sarcasm:

rnb11

Juniors

Yeah Keating isn't very good at all and Reynolds no longer has Barba to finish his work off and make him look good. No doubt Reynolds is quality but without Barba I guarantee you his game will suffer.

Turner is average, McManus played for NSW too and even he's better than Turner. Inu sucks and Perrett doesn't do much anymore. I excluded Morris when I said they have crap backs. Havent seen enough of Lafai to convince me yet and Low is dead average.

Agree or disagree that's how I see it.

Snappy

Coach
further proof why anthony mundine is actually is a great role model. You can imagine of how certain people would look for any negatives on him while some are protected. Yet they can't find any negatives in personal life. Perhaps being hated and knowing that people will try to bring him down makes him make smarter decision in lifestyle actions. By talking himself up again to keep his disipline and focus.

33662127.jpg

Snappy

Coach
Nothing to do with what happens on the field so anyone getting mileage out of it can get f**ked for mine, this is a League forum, not a f**king gossip column.

Feel better after getting that off your chest pops ?