What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs offer unacceptable for O'Meley

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
really? have you aked them all?? how could you be so sure??

He's definitely not the player he used to be but there's not many around I'd replace him with?

It's just a feeling that if we wanted to offload him the NRL clubs would not want to offer him a big enough contract. I wouldn't get rid of Cayless but I would love to see O'Meley in the blue and gold.

StEely Matt

Juniors
eelavation said:
really? have you aked them all?? how could you be so sure??

He's definitely not the player he used to be but there's not many around I'd replace him with?

Natalie's Daddy said:
It's just a feeling that if we wanted to offload him the NRL clubs would not want to offer him a big enough contract. I wouldn't get rid of Cayless but I would love to see O'Meley in the blue and gold.

I reckon Rabbitohs would have a dig at signing Caylo... they seem to wana buy retiring stars/older players from clubs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If Caylo was available tomorrow I'd be confident that Manly, Wests Tigers and Newcastle would all make a play for him considering that they've all lost depth in that area..

Pazza

First Grade
we would be insane to let go of cayless, if anything we need more players like cayless. Im hoping Moi Moi, tsoulos and cannings can have a disruption free year then we will go alright

Ron Jeremy

Coach
cardinal said:
Well going on their most recent games Cayless was far more impressive in the tri nations than O'meley, more agressive in defence and made more yards, hope he does that for us next year. As for people wanting to let go of Cayless, Chad, Tsolous, Ian H,Wags and Fao'soa to sign O,meley gee it would be great if we did that and he got injured, anyone remeber last year and the slight problem with depth in the front row.

O'Meley was the more consistent all year.

Avenger

Immortal
We appear to have a tall poppy syndrome at Parra. Cayless is our captain and loves the Eels. Lets give him the respect he deserves.

Stagger eel

Staff member
There's an interesting article on tomorrow's Sun Herald that we all might be interested in, there may be a link up in the next few hours. ;-)

StEely Matt

Juniors
eelavation said:
There's an interesting article on tomorrow's Sun Herald that we all might be interested in, there may be a link up in the next few hours. ;-)

Oh come on... I can't wait a few hours / until tomorrow!!:crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
StEely Matt said:
Oh come on... I can't wait a few hours / until tomorrow!!:crazy:

I wouldn't get too excited, we haven't signed him but the story is interesting never the less..

Bigfella

Coach
We appear to have a tall poppy syndrome at Parra. Cayless is our captain and loves the Eels. Lets give him the respect he deserves

Mate, I don't agree with that completely, not in respect of Cayless anyway (although I do hate it when people talk insultingly about our own players / staff on this site)

As Eela posted in another thread, we desperately need a blue chip front rower. Over the years, we have paid Cayless like a blue chip front rower. It has probably contributed to us not signing some props, and also letting some players go.

His performance and position should be scrutinised as closely as any ones I reckon - maybe even more so. I personally think he has failed to deliver on his potential, and to live up to the standard that your highest paid player (or very close to) and captain should deliver.

I think 2007 is a huge acid test of NC as a player, and as a leader.

The club has invested hugely in him since 2001. We have tended to fall down up front in big matches, and in self-belief in those big occasions. Everyone has been happy to attribute that entirely to Brian Smith, but I think the captain must share some of that responsibility.

Another aspect of this is that part of bringing on the young guys at the club too will be off-field leadership. The booze culture, and off field behaviour has to improve. Cayless and Riddell have a massive responsibility to improve this. We have not signed senior hard heads, and we are investing in the young blokes.

If our senior players encourage the culture that appeared to exist last year then we could face another season of unfulfilled potential.

caylo

Bench
you think cayless hasn't performed... but he has been our best for a couple of years now, and injuries in 2003/04 didnt help. He is our leader, and when he is performing is still one of the best props in the comp. bringing som1 like OMealy over i think could help him to

Pazza

First Grade
mom would take alot of pressure off cayless and hindmarsh while inspiring players like tsoulos/cordoba

caylo

Bench
Pazza that exactly what i would think, it would make opposition tire, and making cayless and hindy even more effective, and inturn making Fui, and other props more effective. A signing like this would realy adds to our teams dynamic, we could dominate up front against teams like brisbane, dogs, and melbourne better