What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Rumour Mill - potential signings, releases, extensions & other news

T-BoneSLF

Juniors
Rumours that the Dogs are looking at Leeds Rhinos youngster Jordan Baldwinson, although it sounds as if the Warriors have got there first!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Reni Maitua is about to sign a 2 year deal, according to 10 and 7 news. FFS first we yield, and don't bother fighting the AFL regarding our ANZ stadium match and now this? Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little here, but it already feels like Castle is failing as CEO, or that we are missing Greenberg a hell of a lot. Has the club forgotten why we released Reni to being with? Or that we released a man named Dene Halatau earlier this week? This is a major step backwards IMO.

Last edited:

MatthewA

Juniors
He'll sign a one-year deal. I think he just wants to finish his career at the club where it all started.

I have mixed feelings on Maitua... I loved him when he was at the club but then he had all of the issues with drink driving, not showing up to training, he was then caught doing drugs and also tried to sue the Bulldogs, so welcoming him back will be weird.

In saying that, he's 31 now and it looks like he has really matured. He's a good footy player and it will be good to see him back in the blue and white.

Packy

Bench
I 100% DNW Maitua. Not as a player and not as a person. We simply don't need him. Dene may have been on more than Reni but I'd be happy to pay it if it meant we didn't get Reni.

If Reni takes a spot of any of our up and comings I'll be livid. He shouldn't be anywhere near our top 17.

I don't think this was Castle's doing by the way. Des would want this and Todd would have ok'd it.

It's been a while since I have disliked a member of my own team.. Not looking forward to that feeling again.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I just think it's pretty stupid that we're taking back a player who;

(a) breached the clubs policy, and;
(b) threatened to sue the club for unfair dismissal!

annav2

Juniors
I would rather have retained Paul Carter than sign up Reni Maitua. Although Reni is joining the dogs at a very limited cost to the club. So no big deal. I wont be happy if we lose Lachlan Burr.

Packy

Bench
Has that even been confirmed yet?

I simply DNW Reni. Every Eels game i have paid attention to he has been shit.

Bulldogsfan74

Juniors
Neither do I.

What is this latest shit with trying to entice former players back to the club?

He made his choices years ago, so should we.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Neither do I.

What is this latest shit with trying to entice former players back to the club?

He made his choices years ago, so should we.

He is for our ailing NSW Cup squad, and if we have any injury crisis's. Otherwise I don't think he offers much at all.

Dogs Of War

Coach
That all said, why is our NSW Cup squad gone to hell? We always have had one of the better squads going around, but this year they have been abysmal.

Packy

Bench
Our team is still a good team. To be coming last is an utter disgrace. Barry Ward must be a really poor coach.

annav2

Juniors
That all said, why is our NSW Cup squad gone to hell? We always have had one of the better squads going around, but this year they have been abysmal.

the team hasnt had any stability this year lots of new players

a few that have left.

halves are poor

also have heard Desi doesn't take this comp too seriously. ALl he wants from that squad is to train with the NRL team and train in the structures that he wants

KAB

Juniors
I have heard very rumour that the Dogs want to link up with the Wyong Roos due to the growth / juniors. Has anyone heard this rumour.

Packy

Bench
They don't let you do that anymore do they? I assume we would drop the reggies and operate with the QLD team as reggies.

Worked really well for Manly & Canberra until the NRL made em play a reggies team.

shiznit

Coach
From: http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...-spurred-by-hate-campaign-20130912-2tnk6.html

New Dog 'Locked' in

Warriors fullback Kevin Locke is set to be Ben Barba's replacement at Canterbury next season, say Sin Bin's spies in New Zealand. With Canterbury sources having ruled out an approach to England star Sam Tomkins because he is a ''done deal'' at the Warriors, Sin Bin was told Locke's agent, Daryl Mather, had been in Auckland this week and his move to the Bulldogs was imminent.