What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Rumour Mill - potential signings, releases, extensions & other news

stevesonthebay

Juniors
turner announces his retirement due to injury. with payne and turner gone we should have some money to spare. dogs only signed 1 player this year and lost about 10. some good one went in stagg, goodwin, wright, foster, payne and now turner as well as a few younger blokes gone. need a 1/2 more than anything.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I don't see the point of having 2 threads, 1 is about rumors the other is confirmed. Why not merge them and have 1 thread - rumors and confirmed?

eozsmiles

Bench
turner announces his retirement due to injury. with payne and turner gone we should have some money to spare. dogs only signed 1 player this year and lost about 10. some good one went in stagg, goodwin, wright, foster, payne and now turner as well as a few younger blokes gone. need a 1/2 more than anything.

Perrett and Inu joined on cheap mid season deals in 2012 and are reportedly on $200-$300k this year. Kas is on $300k this year and would have been on low money previously. Plus the signing of T Rex for $600k and it has cost a fair bit for 2013. Add to that next year Klemmer has signed for $300k and Reynolds for $400k. I know some players left last year but only Stagg and maybe Turner would have been on more than $200k IMO.

Carney might be the last HB on the market if the rumours about Saints/Rangi are true. Do the Doggies have a young half coming through?

My plan might be to lure Drinkwater from Saints. Has decent wraps on him. He went there to be next in line for the 7 jumper after Fein and now they are looking to sign a completely new 6/7 combo. They got the 6 yesterday in Widdop. Des knows Drinkwater from Manly. Could be ripe for the plucking.

MatthewA

Juniors
Clearly the Bulldogs are over the cap. Barba is on $5 million per year, Pritchard on $4.5 million, T-Rex on at least 600k per game and Reynolds just re-signed for $1 million per training session. How are they under the cap? Mongrels!

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'm not sure if anyone's heard the trending LOL rumor on facebook via NRL Guru, but they reckon that we're trying to unload Barba for Folau. LMAO... what a gimp! We've got Barba locked up until the end of 2015!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My suggestion would be to Unlike stupid FB pages like that. They only regurgitate reputable news services which already provide their own content, and outside that fuel speculation and rumour with no basis.

Bulldog Force

Referee
My suggestion would be to Unlike stupid FB pages like that. They only regurgitate reputable news services which already provide their own content, and outside that fuel speculation and rumour with no basis.
That's just the thing, I'm not a fan or that page, I'm only a fan of the Bulldogs official page, but because NRL Guru mentions the Bulldogs, it turns up on my news feed as it says "NRL Guru is talking about the Cantebury Bulldogs" - and I can't block that feed permanently, all I can do is hide that particular story. Pretty annoying actually.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Here's an example - this one recently came up in my newsfeed :( If anyone knows how I can block these things permanently... be my guest:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 32

Packy

Bench
Yeah all those pages on FB and twitter are just not worth the trouble. Just delete them. They do no good whatsoever.

jhack

Juniors
Have any of you Doggies supporters heard anything of Joel Romelo signing with the Cowboys before the June 30 deadline?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Have any of you Doggies supporters heard anything of Joel Romelo signing with the Cowboys before the June 30 deadline?

It would be surprising, given he is probably our best coverage for hooker and 5/8th were anything to happen to one of those guys.