What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs sponsor vents fury at David Gallop

Fathead

Bench
The more I read and hear about Todd Greenburg - the more I think he is the perfect replacement for David gallop when and if he chooses to leave the position.

LESStar58

Referee
They are playing meaningful fixtures.

All their games are worth 2 points to the opposition.

I'm looking forward to reading the complaints of fans of clubs who lost games to Storm from round 7 onwards at the end of the season when they couldn't make the finals.

But seriously; Gallop could not suspend us for the season as the NRL is contractually obligated to show 8 games of footy a week so his choices were denying them the opportunity to accrue points, which the other 15 clubs gave the tumbs up to, or break his contractual agreement with the networks. He doesn't have the spine to do the latter.

adamkungl

Immortal
I have not seen one intelligent comment from a Dragons fan on these forums since this whole thing blew up.

My god. A man puts forward an opinion that the salary cap is flawed (as thousands have said before him) and that the CEO of the NRL needs to address the situation (as thousands have said before) and all we get is comments like that.

My god 1999 must burn you lot so f**king hard.

YOU LOST THE GAME. Melbourne didn't cheat you out of it.

You're total lack of insight on the issue is purely down to jealousy. Melbourne build a winning culture based on developing their own players.

How did St George build that 11 Premiership run their fans are so proud of? Buying all the best players and bribing referees (if the legends from the Wests camp are to be believed).

And all we hear from you lot is calls of cheat, cheat, cheat.

Its been noted that people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. I suggest you put that f**king great big rock down cos your World is made of glass :p

:clap: Although hardly surprising. Intelligent comments from Dragons fans are few and far between at the best of times.

chrisD

Coach
I'm looking forward to reading the complaints of fans of clubs who lost games to Storm from round 7 onwards at the end of the season when they couldn't make the finals.

But seriously; Gallop could not suspend us for the season as the NRL is contractually obligated to show 8 games of footy a week so his choices were denying them the opportunity to accrue points, which the other 15 clubs gave the tumbs up to, or break his contractual agreement with the networks. He doesn't have the spine to do the latter.

Why would round 7 and after matter? Most of the teams who already lost are the ones most disadvantaged. The NRL might also have considered the future of the Storm and what dropping them from the competition this season would mean for them and their players.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Geez Canterbury, ya just cannot seperate yourselves from a salary cap scandal, can you!

Anyway, I lust realised I have rendered his financial commitment to Rugby League as utterly useless. Every time I saw "Jaycar" I thought of caravans!
Canterbury? Nothing to do with us. He's our sponsor, absolutely. His opinion has zip, nothing, nought to do with our club, no matter how much you want it to.

As for your interpretation of what Jaycar is, I'm not sure how you made such an error. It says Electronics beneath the word Jaycar. Jayco is the Storm's major sponsor, spelt differently. Either way, you're the first person I've seen much such a c**k-up. No big loss.
Well that was a big brain explosion. No Jaycar for me anymore, same goes for any company that publicly supports cheating.
:lol: You clearly didn't read the letter. If you did, you clearly don't understand the English language.
is this guy for real - i would be embarrassed if i were the bulldogs
See my response to Loudstrat above.
Well given this blokes spent tens of thousands of dollars to take out this ad out i reckon it's safe to say he won't miss the $50 or so you spend a year on your collection of vibrators and whatever else you've got hidden in your panties draw.
:lol: Classic!
A publicity stunt for sure. I'd never heard of Jaycar until I saw this thread. Now I know the name.
Spot on!
So the sponsor by virtue of his letters for the fans condones cheating.
Why should Melbourne be playing for points when they are over the cap?
Another who clearly can't read. I don't see anywhere he says he supports cheating.

We have a unique situation, to which, as many have said, has no real foolproof solution. You've got the one perspective where Melbourne cheated and need to pay the price. I think even this Jaycar bloke and Gus agree with that.

From the other perspective we've got a competition in 2010 where there's an illegally assembled team still playing games, and still influencing the course of the competition either directly or indirectly.

Spots in the top eight, minor premierships, top four etc - all could be decided by who is able to beat Melbourne and who can't. I ask fans of teams like hypothetically mine, Parramatta, the Roosters and Tigers who are all possibilities of hanging around the fringe of the 8 - how would you feel if your club missed the eight by a solitary two points, solely because you couldn't beat Melbourne with them fielding an illegal side?

What I've said above is why people are questioning Gallop, and why people want a change in focus on this punishment. Start them on zero, give them no points for byes, and allow them to accrue points the moment they've shed enough $$$ to be under the cap. If they can't do that then why are they still playing, and why are they being given an opportunity to steer the course of the competition. There are cans of worms on both sides that would open up. For that reason I can't fault Gallop and I can see Johnstone and Gould's points of view. Didn't like Gus's tact last week though, there was no need for him to stoop that low.

LESStar58

Referee
Why would round 7 and after matter? Most of the teams who already lost are the ones most disadvantaged. The NRL might also have considered the future of the Storm and what dropping them from the competition this season would mean for them and their players.

Because teams still have to show up and beat Storm when they have nothing to salvage from this season. If Storm were suspended from competition the other 15 teams would gain an automatic 2 points from having a bye, yes? Say this weekend both teams are disavantaged; Storm can win and get nothing. Cowboys lose and they get nothing.

I guarantee there will be complaints from supporters whose teams are on the fringe of the 8 who lose to Mebourne from here on out at the end of the season.

Springs

First Grade
I wrote a long post taking you to task on each point but I lost it and can't be assed to rewrite it, but I'll summarise.

I replied to your last nonsense post in that thread and here you are yet again claiming plan F is infallible and no-one can show otherwise.

• Can't just snap our fingers and have the investigations be concluded.
  • Finch situation was far from ideal, not the situation we should be trying to repeat, let alone force on behalf of a cheating club. Situation made worse given the Storm players have been illegally witheld from the market through Storm cheating.
  • Clubs don't have cap space to sign players mid season.
  • Storm players are on contracts, mutual agreements must be reached for players to be released.
  • Clubs will have trepidations signing a Storm player about to have an auditor crawling up their arse.
  • Storm players may go to another club, play, and then be found involved, further infecting the comp.
  • Storm players may be found to be involved who are playing for Storm when they re-enter playing for points.
  • Bulldogs sh*t was nonsense. The Bulldogs were handed a punishment assuring that they would finish last in the season they attempted to cheat the salary cap, completely in line with that of the Storms punishment for the same offence. They can take 37 points away from the Storm and let them play for points if you really insist on arguing semantics, I don't care.The NRL have admitted and learnt from their Bulldogs mistake with regards to breaking the team up.
  • A free 2 points for having lost to the illegal Storm is not at all equal to having to compete with a "legal" Storm team for 2 points. The teams who beat the illegal Storm deserve something to show for the difference in their result to that of the teams who lost.

You just spilled out points that I have again already answered.

1. Investigations aren't going to take all year. I firmly believe no player was involved directly. If they were it would be Smith-Slater-Inglis etc. They are not the players Storm will cut. Storm will cut players like Finch that they signed mid-season or last year.

2. What? So we can force a cheating club to play for no points and continue to cheat the other clubs, but cannot force them to cut players? The Storm players illegally withheld would have only gone to ESL or Union, either that or the players they replace would have. I said this before, guess you weren't listening...

3. Listen to what Voss said on the Footy Show tonight. Wakefield just lost Tronc, Catalans lost Mogg. There are plenty of places these players can go. Or they can play lower grades at Storm.

4. Yeah, that is a requirement for it to happen. Never said it wasn't.

5. Well then don't sign a player.

6. I highly doubt an invlolved player would 'infect' others with the cap cheating virus. They aren't parasites.

7. Well then they would be stood down. Storm would not be cheating, they only have to be under the cap.

8. Sigh. Bulldogs were found to be over the cap late in the year. Nothing could be done. The right punishment was handed out. This year we still have a chance to have a good influence on the comp, do some good for the fans of all clubs. But I guess you just want this season to be one of negatives and bad publicity.

9. Treat it the same as a forfeit then. The Storm forfeit all points they could have received while over the cap. All in all it makes no difference, it is just the same punishment to clubs reversed. But I see it as at the moment we are punishing all the teams that will play them.

These ideas are not nonsense. They are derided by nonsense by envious, rash, angry, aggresive fans that decide to share on a site how much they hate this person or this personality or this team or this player or this idea with many other envious, rash, angry, aggresive, foolish fans.
I know many other respected personalities (which people proceed to deride as rubbish, or just with foul language, as if they knew any better) that share this viewpoint.
Sterling, Voss, Vautin, Johns, Gould, Mortimer, Ryan, Pearce, Daley, Warren, Morrow etc etc.
And the people I see oppose this view are Gallop, CEOs, businessmen etc. That usually have only the best interests of financial gain, and do not know our game as well as they should to deserve such a position that they hold.

chrisD

Coach
You just spilled out points that I have again already answered.

1. Investigations aren't going to take all year. I firmly believe no player was involved directly. If they were it would be Smith-Slater-Inglis etc. They are not the players Storm will cut. Storm will cut players like Finch that they signed mid-season or last year.

2. What? So we can force a cheating club to play for no points and continue to cheat the other clubs, but cannot force them to cut players? The Storm players illegally withheld would have only gone to ESL or Union, either that or the players they replace would have. I said this before, guess you weren't listening...

3. Listen to what Voss said on the Footy Show tonight. Wakefield just lost Tronc, Catalans lost Mogg. There are plenty of places these players can go. Or they can play lower grades at Storm.

4. Yeah, that is a requirement for it to happen. Never said it wasn't.

5. Well then don't sign a player.

6. I highly doubt an invlolved player would 'infect' others with the cap cheating virus. They aren't parasites.

7. Well then they would be stood down. Storm would not be cheating, they only have to be under the cap.

8. Sigh. Bulldogs were found to be over the cap late in the year. Nothing could be done. The right punishment was handed out. This year we still have a chance to have a good influence on the comp, do some good for the fans of all clubs. But I guess you just want this season to be one of negatives and bad publicity.

9. Treat it the same as a forfeit then. The Storm forfeit all points they could have received while over the cap. All in all it makes no difference, it is just the same punishment to clubs reversed. But I see it as at the moment we are punishing all the teams that will play them.

These ideas are not nonsense. They are derided by nonsense by envious, rash, angry, aggresive fans that decide to share on a site how much they hate this person or this personality or this team or this player or this idea with many other envious, rash, angry, aggresive, foolish fans.
I know many other respected personalities (which people proceed to deride as rubbish, or just with foul language, as if they knew any better) that share this viewpoint.
Sterling, Voss, Vautin, Johns, Gould, Mortimer, Ryan, Pearce, Daley, Warren, Morrow etc etc.
And the people I see oppose this view are Gallop, CEOs, businessmen etc. That usually have only the best interests of financial gain, and do not know our game as well as they should to deserve such a position that they hold.

More dumbsh*t fairyland stuff.

1) Well if you firmly beleive it that's great. Plan F is a go. Brett Finch and a few other no-names will get us to 700k no worries. Also could you let us know when the investigations will be finalised?

2) Yes, absolutely we can, did you miss Sunday? So you're privy to all the deals put forth to the Storm players and their mindset and can confirm where they would have gone had Melbourne not cheated? Yeah guess I musn't have been listening to you well enough.

3) Yeah I heard what Voss said, then I heard what the CEO of a club said. Hmmm who should I listen to here? The bloke who is actually in a position to know what he's talking about or "Voss". Or lets relegate potential representative players to park football.

4) Yeah, it's just that easy.

5) That sounds like a good idea... but I think there's a problem here... if teams arn't going to want to sign a player... and a player has a contract already with the Storm... why would they agree to... oh that's right I forgot, we can just rely on other codes and countries to save us, because that's what we want to see, and we're positive it'll work.

6) How obvious does the problems of possible guilty players moving on to other clubs have to be?

7) Yeah just stand him down... no problem there at all. You're a lost cause.

8) Get caught cheating in a season, you're f**ked for that season, you can bank on it. Sounds like a good message to me, as a fan of a club.

9) Your inability to grasp this point is frustrating, and this is absolutely my last attempt.

In competition Example, there are 2 rounds and 3 teams, A, B and C

Team A draw looks like this.
vB vC

Team B draw looks like this.
vA BYE (or forfeit, whatever you want to call it)

Team C draw looks like this.
BYE vA

Byes count as a free wins. In competition Example, who do you not want to be?

Now apply this to Plan F.

Current situation you're not punishing all the teams that play them, because they are all playing the same illegal team for the same 2 points competing on the same ladder against each other. Everyone is in the same boat. It can't really be any clearer.

And everyone you see in a position of responsibility in the game agree with the current, future and sole solution. Along with the great majority of fans in online polls (but for the Melbourne ones lol), but I guess they just don't have the same passion for it as Gus.

Jose93

Juniors
More dumbsh*t fairyland stuff.

1) Well if you firmly beleive it that's great. Plan F is a go. Brett Finch and a few other no-names will get us to 700k no worries. Also could you let us know when the investigations will be finalised?

2) Yes, absolutely we can, did you miss Sunday? So you're privy to all the deals put forth to the Storm players and their mindset and can confirm where they would have gone had Melbourne not cheated? Yeah guess I musn't have been listening to you well enough.

3) Yeah I heard what Voss said, then I heard what the CEO of a club said. Hmmm who should I listen to here? The bloke who is actually in a position to know what he's talking about or "Voss". Or lets relegate potential representative players to park football.

4) Yeah, it's just that easy.

5) That sounds like a good idea... but I think there's a problem here... if teams arn't going to want to sign a player... and a player has a contract already with the Storm... why would they agree to... oh that's right I forgot, we can just rely on other codes and countries to save us, because that's what we want to see, and we're positive it'll work.

6) How obvious does the problems of possible guilty players moving on to other clubs have to be?

7) Yeah just stand him down... no problem there at all. You're a lost cause.

8) Get caught cheating in a season, you're f**ked for that season, you can bank on it. Sounds like a good message to me, as a fan of a club.

9) Your inability to grasp this point is frustrating, and this is absolutely my last attempt.

In competition Example, there are 2 rounds and 3 teams, A, B and C

Team A draw looks like this.
vB vC

Team B draw looks like this.
vA BYE (or forfeit, whatever you want to call it)

Team C draw looks like this.
BYE vA

Byes count as a free wins. In competition Example, who do you not want to be?

Now apply this to Plan F.

Current situation you're not punishing all the teams that play them, because they are all playing the same illegal team for the same 2 points competing on the same ladder against each other. Everyone is in the same boat. It can't really be any clearer.

And everyone you see in a position of responsibility in the game agree with the current, future and sole solution. Along with the great majority of fans in online polls (but for the Melbourne ones lol), but I guess they just don't have the same passion for it as Gus.

You really believe all you're told by Mr Gallop and co, don't you?

Not everyone is in the same boat still for the final time. 6 teams have the pleasure of playing the Melbourne Storm once. That's possibly like 2 extra points at the end of the season.

We all know why the decisions have been made, if it were for fairness and integrity, in all honesty, the Melbourne Storm wouldn't see the football field in the NRL until 2011. Every decision has been taken with another in mind, most of them to suit News Limited.

Glenn

First Grade
You can't say okay just shed $700,000 (the amount they are allegedly over the cap by this season), and then they can play for points.
The contracts are still valid, and until such time they are de-registered by the NRL the clauses regarding early termination etc would still be valid which opens a whole new pandoras box.
Also what about the previous breaches, should points not be deducted for that.

gronkathon

First Grade
Bruno Cullen summed up my thoughts to the word last night.

Yes the salary cap needs re-visiting but it should be done completely seperate from the issue of the Melbourne Storms cheating.

Guvner

First Grade
What was that? Were ye just confirming what I said before about ignorant fans not listening to arguments? How swell of ye...

No mate, just keeping it short and sweet. Was the quickest way I could find to express the fact you clearly have NFI.

Springs

First Grade
Great answers once again chrisD and Guvner. Proved nothing. And yeah, saying 'dribble' doesn't express anything but your opinion, which clearly doesn't mean much. Yep, let's just hide in our shell, it's all good. We can't have forward thinking in our game, it'll ruin us!
Won't bother stating my points again, just going round in circles now. If fools on this site can't be respectful then stuff em. You're just writing one line insults now. Brillian minds i'm sure...