What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs vs Knights match thread *Spoilers

brooksy19

Bench
I guess he couldn't be worse than Finchy again.

NSW should claim Marshall as their own... I mean hes lived here for what 3-4 years now.

ShineDog

Juniors
Stranger said:
Gaining Confidence, lacking skill.

The kid has the skill to be NSW 5/8 for the next 7 yrs.
We can only wait and see come State of Origin time.
By the way who would you select as this yrs 5/8 for NSW ( early selection obviously)???

Mr Saab

Referee
Mullen has a good shot at it judging from today.
Then there are the usual suspects who might play out of position like Gower or Orford.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
I thought the dogs did well. They are one of the hardest hitting teams going round, but its hurting them tring to keep up the pace for 80.

ShineDog

Juniors
TheBourbonBeast said:
I thought the dogs did well. They are one of the hardest hitting teams going round, but its hurting them tring to keep up the pace for 80.

Finally , BourbonBeast you can see ....You want me to send you a Bulldogs jersey in the post.

So , do you think the Broncos pack have the ability and size to match such hard hitting team??????

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Christ AAP are woeful.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21402401-23214,00.html

Johns taken to hospital
March 18, 2007

NEWCASTLE Knights skipper Andrew Johns has been sent to hospital and Bulldogs star Sonny Bill Williams sent off as the Knights scored a sensational 25-24 NRL victory at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

Newcastle overcame the fourth-minute loss of its chief playmaker and a 24-8 half-time deficit to storm home against a tiring 12-man Dogs and claim victory with Kurt Gidley's 73rd minute field goal.

The big talking point, though, came just three minutes and 36 seconds into an amazing first round clash when Johns was left unconscious by a Williams swinging left arm.

Referee Tony Archer had no option but to give the Bulldogs back rower his marching orders, with Williams also likely to face a lengthy suspension for the high shot.

Johns, widely regarded as the world's best rugby league player, lay motionless face down on the turf for more than five minutes after the high shot.

He was taken off on a stretcher wearing a neck brace, and although cleared of a neck injury, was taken straight to hospital for scans on his cheekbone. Coach Brian Smith said Johns had suspected facial fractures.

The 18,791-strong crowd watched on in silence as Johns received on-field medical attention, but as he was being taken off Knights supporters began to scream "off, off" as Archer called out Williams.

"Straight in the face, knocked him out, you're off," Archer told the Kiwi back rower.

The Knights appeared shell-shocked after losing Johns, and the Bulldogs, despite being one man short, took full advantage.

They raced to an 18-2 victory after 18 minutes with tries to Andrew Ryan, Luke Patten and Reni Maitua.

Knights hooker Jeremy Seu Seu scored on debut in the 27th minute to stop the bleeding, before Bulldogs winger Trent Cutler gave the visitors a 24-8 half-time lead.

Newcastle regrouped at the break and came out firing to level the scores 24-24 in the 58th minute after tries to Josh Perry, Todd Polglase and James McManus.

Both teams had chances to break the deadlock, but it took Gidley's wobbly field goal from 15 metres seven minutes from to eventually seal a heart-stopping win for the Knights.

The Bulldogs, though, should have stolen the match in the final minutes.

Replacement Dallas McIlwain butchered a certain try in the 78th when he dropped a Cutler pass cold with the line wide open.

A 40m field goal attempt from Dogs halfback Ben Roberts then fell just short in the final seconds.

AAP

:lol:

RABK

Referee
mattyg said:
the newcastle fans have gone awfully quiet since there OFF OFF OFF chants earlier in the game. :lol:

I just had to pick a random wanker to pick on.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

mattyg

Bench
well they did at that time in the game. i could hear a pin drop through my tv, compared to earlier in the game.

Geohood

Bench
How bad will that guy feel? I reckon only after playing a couple of games would he feel better.. :S

mattyg

Bench
Geohood said:
How bad will that guy feel? I reckon only after playing a couple of games would he feel better.. :S

Who? McIllwain??

That pass would be caught 999 times out of 1000. I can't believe he picked that time to drop it.

Hado

Juniors
ShineDog said:
The kid has the skill to be NSW 5/8 for the next 7 yrs.
We can only wait and see come State of Origin time.
By the way who would you select as this yrs 5/8 for NSW ( early selection
obviously)???

Thats crazy.

ShineDog

Juniors
TheBourbonBeast said:
I need a new spank blanky so yeah, that'd be good.

Spanking over your new team...you really do like the Dogs.
Will also send you a pic of the Bulldogs Team photos.

P.S. enjoy!:lol:

Latest posts