What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulls/Leopards, who are you picking?

AliN

Live Update Team
The Bulls away from Christchurch, or Tamaki after a tough game against the Rangers on Monday night...

I'll go for the Bulls by 4. The Leopards have shown grit and determination, esp the other night however I have a lot of faith in Phil Prescott. How many times has he been there/done that?

courtesy of NZRL

The Tamaki Leopards don't have a lot of time to enjoy their nail-biting win over the Waitakere Rangers.

The Leopards grabbed a golden point 25-24 win over the Rangers on Monday night to book their spot in the Bartercard Cup semi-finals with the Canterbury Bulls.

The two teams face off at Mt Smart Stadium on Monday September 11 and Leopards coach Dean Clark is already plotting the strategy to help them continue their winning run.

“The boys dug deep and that's what we'd been working towards all week,” Clark said.

“I'm proud of what the boys have achieved but we've still got another game to play.

But the former Kiwi knows it's not going to be easy to beat the Bulls.

“We'll be viewing some of the games Canterbury have played this season,” he said.

“We'll be trying to work another game plan to suit us against them.”

The Leopards made plenty of mistakes throughout the game gifting the Rangers plenty of possession and points.

But when they got it right they showed why they are serious title contenders.

Their attacking play was impressive as was their composure in the moments before halfback Darin Kingi landed the field goal that won them the game.

With the Rangers' defence stretched they could have tried their luck at grabbing a try to win the game but instead they turned to the young halfback and he didn't disappoint.

But the left-footed kicker wasn't getting carried away after the game.

And he admitted the team knew they still had plenty of work to do.
“This is what we've been working for all year,” he said.

“This is our time to shine, it's time for us to play to our potential.”

CANTERBURY BULLS vs TAMAKI LEOPARDS
Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand
Monday 11 September 2006 – 8.00pm Kick Off

* LIVE & FREE-TO-AIR ON MAORI TELEVISION *

CANTERBURY BULLS:

LUSI SIONE
SCOTT HURRELL
DONAVAN AITKEN
LEE FIDOW
LUCAS TAMAKAHA
JOSH REUBEN
DUANE WINETI
VINCE WHARE
SHANE BEYERS (C)
ALEX TIMO
JONNY LIMMER
DANIEL METCALF
COREY LAWRIE
GARETH COOK
BLAKE MILNER
ROSS TURI
LOUIS FANENE

Coach - PHILIP PRESCOTT

Management:

BRENT STUARTDAVE PERKINS
BRUCE MILNE
ANDY WIHARESTEVE WOOD

TAMAKI LEOPARDS

COOPER VUNA
TAAVILI LEAUNOA
AIROE BOAZA
CONSTANTINE MIKA
ISAAKO HAGAITOA
(CO-C) WILLIAM HETA
DARIN KINGI
SIONE NIUILA
TROY BECROFT
(CO-C) SINAVE FAITALE
ISAAC LIAVAA
GEOFFREY RUAPORO
PAUL ATKINS
RICHARD JOHNSON
FRED TURUWHENUA(GENE VAAFUSUAGA)
LEESON AH MAU(NIKORN THAMMAVONGSA)
KOTISI FAKALATA

Coach - DEAN CLARK

Management:

VINNIE CLARKKEVIN HAWKINS
JACK PRENDER
GASTRICK WILLIAMSJOHN BOCKETT
WILLIE TAUATEVALU
BOB NEWALD
RHYS CULLEN

Skinner

Coach
The Bulls just know how to win these games. Oats will have plenty of
ticker with Sione & Sinave up front and Heta & Darrin Kingi in the halves.

Prescott won't be bringing them up to lose.

Cheers

mean

Juniors
My heart say Oats, but my head says Bulls. Where's Tuakura and Ashford? Injured?

dazza

Staff member
Skinner said:
The Bulls just know how to win these games. Oats will have plenty of
ticker with Sione & Sinave up front and Heta & Darrin Kingi in the halves.

Prescott won't be bringing them up to lose.

Cheers

i`m picking they`ll be goin home losers though.

cheers dazza

Humphrey

Juniors
Willie Heta by 14 points
Hell take the rest of the team along for the ride. Watch out Bucky theres a new standoff in town about to blow the GF apart

Skinner

Coach
Look out Mount - Here come those raging Bulls......Yeeeeeehaaaaa.

30/6 over Oats

MrBash.....all ex Coasters have to go for the Bulls :D

ozbash

Referee
yes, i will too.

bit dissapointed in the leopards last night, they started off like a house on fire, then sort of fizzled out.

heta didnt get a chance and they lost major momentum (what they had anyway) when the halfback went off. vuna is a show pony.

well done bulls, byers wouldnt look out of place in a black jersey.

Skinner

Coach
ozbash said:
vuna is a show pony.
well done bulls, byers wouldnt look out of place in a black jersey.

Right on both counts - thank heavens somebody else has woken up to
Cooper :cool:

Admitedly that was the first Bartercard Cup game Ive watched this year. But to be honest I didnt see alot of talent on display that I would regard as anywhere near NRL standard, Vuna inclusive

Humphrey

Juniors
Backed the Leopards all the way through the finals and disappointed they fell tight off the boil last night. They were woeful

Have to back the Lions now as didnt think that the Bulls were as good as the Leopards were bad

ozbash

Referee
Bulls all the way - no danger :lol: danger is cool.

the thing going for the bulls is the game they lost a couple of weeks back v the blueys. prescott would have got a lot out of that.

plus the lions have had the week off and that could hurt them...

mean

Juniors
When is 10 metres supposed to be 15? Glen Black or any referee that arrogantly determines the rules to be anything but should be demoted to mini or mod football.

A conspiracy theorist would suggest that Black who comes from the mainland effectively killed Oats chances of a better result.

Gurdy

Juniors
Wouldn't anyone from outside Auckland be supporting the Bulls, even maybe a few from Auckland as well. Being a coaster I will be supporting our fellow mainlanders. :D