What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bundy Cup 2010

campbelltown on 4 pts roland..there is an announcement coming early next week that there is going to be a bundy cup reserve grade.there will be 6 teams and this will start mid may.This is a good concept i think if it was to start next year,but are rushing it through to suit and stop the threat of mounties pulling out of bundy. The league should not jump to mounties or any other entities. I guarantee you steve ghosn would not let the club pull out of bundy cup.

I applaud Mounties & Wenty for their stance . The league should,ve done this yrs ago . Parramatta A grade comp is an absolute joke this yrs comps if it gets under way will be of 2nd division standard . Bundy teams need somewhere to send their players this will give them a chance to keep track of their players on same day & provide a better standard of player , refereeing. Good on you mounties & wenty. whoi are the 6 teams going in

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
I applaud Mounties & Wenty for their stance . The league should,ve done this yrs ago . Parramatta A grade comp is an absolute joke this yrs comps if it gets under way will be of 2nd division standard . Bundy teams need somewhere to send their players this will give them a chance to keep track of their players on same day & provide a better standard of player , refereeing. Good on you mounties & wenty. whoi are the 6 teams going in
I doubt Brothers would be one of them they will be lucky to play in the Bundy Cup next year .

campbelltown on 4 pts roland..there is an announcement coming early next week that there is going to be a bundy cup reserve grade.there will be 6 teams and this will start mid may.This is a good concept i think if it was to start next year,but are rushing it through to suit and stop the threat of mounties pulling out of bundy. The league should not jump to mounties or any other entities. I guarantee you steve ghosn would not let the club pull out of bundy cup.

Hahaha, so does Steve Ghosn put up the money for the club to compete?

I dont think it would be his decision.

This will be a great concept and I know they players are stoked that it is happening, and I have heard of clubs already getting on board for this year and next year so a good decision by the league.
Sadly, my guys at Cabra have decided not to go in it which will prove to be a big mistake.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Hahaha, so does Steve Ghosn put up the money for the club to compete?

I dont think it would be his decision.

This will be a great concept and I know they players are stoked that it is happening, and I have heard of clubs already getting on board for this year and next year so a good decision by the league.
Sadly, my guys at Cabra have decided not to go in it which will prove to be a big mistake.
Yeah I here the Bundy coach, the assistant, the Agrade coach and all the players were all keen on the Bundy concept but somehow the club doesn't go ahead with it. Very surprising, hope it doesn't come to bite them on the backside in their fight for the Bundy cup. I can see them winning A grade by 50 every week, surely that can't help any backup players

Yeah I here the Bundy coach, the assistant, the Agrade coach and all the players were all keen on the Bundy concept but somehow the club doesn't go ahead with it. Very surprising, hope it doesn't come to bite them on the backside in their fight for the Bundy cup. I can see them winning A grade by 50 every week, surely that can't help any backup players

Man, if everyone want it what is the problem.
Get rid of the ones who don't want it.

Yatesy for PM

Juniors

Are you serious surely the club could support maybe even could give the big fella a crack at his own side I am sure he would show that he has what it takes to coach get with the program and give yatesy a chance at coaching bundy reserve grade

Roland

Juniors
Will this reserve grade have a points system?

They are everywhere now. Manly has started one this year and they even have a category for ex Austalian players because one the Forestville forwards played for Australia in 2007.

Roland

Juniors
Yeah Richard Villasanti. The Manly points system is 80 points total but you get negative 5 for every local product and Forestville have about 12 locals so they could probably fit in 3 or 4 ex internationals. In Bundy Cup it is hard to get more than one NRL player in the team.

Typical cabramatta decision rudderless(spelling???) ship who is in charge of football club it must be the guy who drove the Pasha Bulka onto newcastles main beach..... Biggest waste of time pull your finger out & make positive decisions for the footy on the field They must spend a fair bit of money to enter team in Bundy comp start making decisions that strengthen the investment . If you dont know what your doing stand down & hire some people to get it right, fabulous set up for young players to come through being spoilt by people who have no idea. Their players will get nothing out of playing in A grade comp will only pick up mistakes. Hopefully sanity will prevail & they will enter a team in 2nd tier bundy ...

footy watch

Juniors
Are you serious surely the club could support maybe even could give the big fella a crack at his own side I am sure he would show that he has what it takes to coach get with the program and give yatesy a chance at coaching bundy reserve grade
The only thing yatesy can could coach is having a 4 day bender and dogging people!!!!

CoachMan

Juniors
So has anyone heard anything else about this new Bundy reserve comp? What teams are entering, points systems etc?

I'm being told that they were looking at promoting youth squads (U18/19) age groups, but nothing official yet.

I love the concept, but unless it is done properly, it'll fall apart just as quick as it has come up

mono_mal

Juniors
A youth comp though wouldnt solve the current problem where clubs such as Wenty and Mounties have nowhere to place players as local districts have points and salary restrictions.

If the NYC is to change to a U21 or older competition in coming years perhaps the NSWRL could implement a U19/U20 competition for NSW Cup and BRC youth squads to bridge the gap between SG Ball and NYC/Senior Grades.

Roland

Juniors
All of the underage competitions are catered for. The Toyota Cup is there for junior players. They get major TV coverage even though half the players subsequently struggle in A Grade in decent junior league competitions.

Similarly, The NRL 2nd tier squads are basically under 22 and then they are booted for the next lot.

The Bundy Cup is an open age comp like NRL and the successful Bundy clubs want to recruit good players that will be around for 5 years plus. They need rules and compeitions that will allow them to do this and allow them to maintain quality back up players.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Windsor Wolves
Bankstown City Bulls

:shock:This gets to Show One cannot write off any Team in the Bundy Comp..&..Any Team can win on Their Day !

Yatesy for PM

Juniors
WTF cabra beaten by brothers here we go again if cabra ate fair dinkum they should have flogged brothers who only just beat a Mounties side the week before with nothing.. Every year the same maybe time we look at the coach !!!!

Roland

Juniors
2 surprise results for saturday what will happen on sunday?

For a change of pace lets try Bundy trivia.

Who played 5/8 for the Bulls in the first game for 2009?

Clues: It was not Steve Jolly, Damien Mostyn or Ben Anderson.

Give up? Answer Chris Ward.

At the start of last year the Bulls left out plenty of Bundy standard players and put Canterbury guys in the team. Midseason they find they are running 7th. They put some Bundy players back in and made the semis but not the grand final.

Chris Ward is a winger who is now wowing them at the Mudgee Dragons.

The Bulls would not make the same mistake again would they?

I reckon if Canterbury went to Matt Utai at Auburn Warriors and told him they had a no 6 for him, Utai would say he already has Eid Kassem and he deoesnt throw passes to no one, can beat a man, has a good kicking and can TACKLE.

Yatesy for PM

Juniors
Roland mate I have been on the cans since yesterday but mate are you on the weed I don't understand a thing you are talking about maybe I need to drink a little more

Latest posts