What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bundy Cup 2010

Roland

Juniors
have done some research into the history of Sydney Bulls reserve grade teams and found the following:

2000 Metro reserve grade premiers, coached by George Fahd and featuring current Bulls captain Chris Salem.

2001 and 2002 played Metro reserves but finished near the bottom. The 2002 featured future NRL player Shane Shackleton.

2003 Played Parramatta A Grade coached by Paul Khoury.

2004 Played Canterbury A Grade

2005 Canterbury A Grade Premiers, coached by Robert Relf and featured current Bulls centre, Danny Barakat.

2006 Led Canterbury A Grade half way through the season and then disbanded. The team included current Mounties centre Jamie Burns.

2007-2010 No official reserve team.

have done some research into the history of Sydney Bulls reserve grade teams and found the following:

2000 Metro reserve grade premiers, coached by George Fahd and featuring current Bulls captain Chris Salem.

2001 and 2002 played Metro reserves but finished near the bottom. The 2002 featured future NRL player Shane Shackleton.

2003 Played Parramatta A Grade coached by Paul Khoury.

2004 Played Canterbury A Grade

2005 Canterbury A Grade Premiers, coached by Robert Relf and featured current Bulls centre, Danny Barakat.

2006 Led Canterbury A Grade half way through the season and then disbanded. The team included current Mounties centre Jamie Burns.

2007-2010 No official reserve team.

Who cares, lets talk about the Bulls when they produce a current Australian test winger or the city half combination.
Until then they are just a team that throws money around and can find loopholes in the points system.

footy watch

Juniors
gee terry the parra god, it must be a little hard to stomach the success of the bulls from the jim beam/bundy era.They are a club that rely on friendships to continue to enter at that level.Thats correct, a reliance on businesses for sponsorship and a little of bankstown sports and definitely not the handouts your club or mounties,wentys or windsors provide.They are on a tight budget and i can guarantee you they are Not the highest paying club.Not even in the top 3. The club does not have a junior or senior club to produce such juniors but have had many players go on to taste First Grade.The club is about respect And hence the likes of James Pickering, Robert relf, Quetin Pongia ,Elias payo and etc who have enjoyed playing at the club in the past.From what i believe Your club who has provided the stars of late have been originally from the western suburbs comp anyway.So get your head out of your arse terry and appreciate the work of people who only involve themselves at that level because of their hopeless love of footy.Maybe if your club showed the same passion and stopped stabbing people in the back than you may even go one further.

Yatesy for PM

Juniors
Your kidiing mate unlike your club windsor, Mounties and Wenty have juniors the blokes you speak of are all imports get a life your club is a lie cabra will with it's 8 or 9 local kids smash your bulls side with it's big fat zero juniors get a life .. Mate ever hear of westfields high that's where those kids come from ,,,,but again unlike Windsor, Mounties and Wenty you will never have something that those clubs have had and will continue to have ,?,,,kids that will and gave represented there district in NRL, City , NSW or Australia

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Your kidiing mate unlike your club windsor, Mounties and Wenty have juniors the blokes you speak of are all imports get a life your club is a lie cabra will with it's 8 or 9 local kids smash your bulls side with it's big fat zero juniors get a life .. Mate ever hear of westfields high that's where those kids come from ,,,,but again unlike Windsor, Mounties and Wenty you will never have something that those clubs have had and will continue to have ,?,,,kids that will and gave represented there district in NRL, City , NSW or Australia
Get another beer into yourself Yatesy.... Then could you translate that last post.
In all seriousness Cabra need to have a good look at themselves, they have gone backwards in the last month. In the past with a start like this they have either bought in new blood or a new coach. Time to do something before its to late. And I hear there's no money for new blood

Yatesy you are absolutely right, the only reason those guys ever went to the Bulls was for $$$CASH$$$

footy watch

Juniors
cmon terry shall i remind you of what your club has and does pay its players??? first year metro cup, you signed david riolo from parra and adam doyle from england.How much do u think that cost?? And presently your best forward went for a chat with the bulls.They offered him $600 a game and he politely turned them down... Why??? cos he said he is getting double that now..And for the record they deserve whatever they can get..good on them

Footy Tragic

Juniors
cmon terry shall i remind you of what your club has and does pay its players??? first year metro cup, you signed david riolo from parra and adam doyle from england.How much do u think that cost?? And presently your best forward went for a chat with the bulls.They offered him $600 a game and he politely turned them down... Why??? cos he said he is getting double that now..And for the record they deserve whatever they can get..good on them
I think you'll find David Riolo went to Cabramatta from Guildford Metro Cup after a couple of years out of the NRL and Adam Doyles old man coached the side.
And I know that no one at Cabra is on anywhere near double of $600 a game. And no one is on $600 a game at all. Must be some other reason why some players don't want to go to the Bulls besides money.
The Trotter brothers were offered one of the top few payments at Cabra and it came no where near the Bulls offer

footy watch

Juniors
how good is this forum.so many different opinions. atleast we probably agree the comp deserves a little more recognition.hopefully next year the rules will state that all bundy clubs will have an a grade side aswell.that will be great.

Flapper

First Grade
reserve grade kicking off next week!!!! watched brothers and bulls at nepean and by far the best spectacle of the year.Bulls were down to 13 men after 25 min after suffering 4 serious injuries.Then in the 50th min following an all in brawl a bulls player was sent off. All on top of bulls having 6 out from injuries from the previous week. This comp is shaping up as a beauty.

It sounded awesome, shame I missed it. So stoked that Brothers is doing so well after being written off as contenders pre season. Of course theres every chance we may run out of steam, but lets stay positive.

how good is this forum.so many different opinions. atleast we probably agree the comp deserves a little more recognition.hopefully next year the rules will state that all bundy clubs will have an a grade side aswell.that will be great.

footy watch im not sure who yatesy 4 pm is but its not me i couldn't care less what you guys do at the bulls but if your going 2 throw my name around at least be man enough 2 put your name with it i think that's pretty fair . I'll be at the crest as assistant coach with cabra this sat feel free 2 come up n introduce yourself .

Footy Tragic

Juniors
footy watch im not sure who yatesy 4 pm is but its not me i couldn't care less what you guys do at the bulls but if your going 2 throw my name around at least be man enough 2 put your name with it i think that's pretty fair . I'll be at the crest as assistant coach with cabra this sat feel free 2 come up n introduce yourself .
Hey Yatesy you ready to step into the coaching role. Another loss should just about see Cabra looking to put someone else at the helm. The team seems like it could do with some direction

Yatesy for PM

Juniors
I don't know why anyone thought I was The big fella to the contrary I am the blokes biggest fan and think he should have the top job and really mean that !! No disrespect to Corey but think
he has more to offer .... As for the bulls I hate anyone playing cabra whether bundy cup, a grade or even under 7 s . I wouldn't say I am one eyed more that I have two blues eyes one light and one dark, don't go to away games got no licence but will be watching the internet closely and pray cabra can give it to the Bulls who if you believe footy watch had 6 out and will have countless injuries let's just see.

Roland

Juniors
Bulls 38 Cabra 22
Windsor 29 Wenty 18
Mounties 22 Campbelltown 18
Brothers 34 Entrance 8

Entrance 7
Mounties, Wenty 6
Campbelltown 4
Cabra 3

Last edited:
Hey guys, I was at the club last night and am hearing that there will be a coaching change before the next game.
My source tells me they are happy with the playing group but dont believe they have the direction to win games which is evident by them sitting at the bottom of the table.

Any thoughts on who will take over, I am told it will not be Yatesy.

MountainMan

Juniors
Im just wondering...This Syndey Shield/Bundy reserve comp thats kicking off this weekend...Where are the clubs getting the players from? Their A grade and C grade teams? plus the few reserves of the bundy teams?
Or another avenue?
Are Brothers fielding a team?

Yatesy for PM

Juniors
Hey guys, I was at the club last night and am hearing that there will be a coaching change before the next game.
My source tells me they are happy with the playing group but dont believe they have the direction to win games which is evident by them sitting at the bottom of the table.

Any thoughts on who will take over, I am told it will not be Yatesy.

Terry mate usually your on the money although would have thought Yatesy was the obvious replacement. Any other possibles? Surely they will keep the big fella on in some capacity?