What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunker Bullshit

Penrose_11

Juniors
How is that not a strip where Walker ruled not to have played at ball with 2-3 in tackle in 34th minute yet Hiku gets penalised for nearly identical if not even more of a loose carry on Morris? I just shake my head and throw hands in the air

How is that not a strip where Walker ruled not to have played at ball with 2-3 in tackle in 34th minute yet Hiku gets penalised for nearly identical if not even more of a loose carry on Morris? I just shake my head and throw hands in the air
I agree.
I didnt see the Blake incident they referred to, but I wonder if the refs call made them lead toward a strip vs loose carry?
Still wrong call.
If Morris hits the ground with the ball like that its being lost.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Waqa Blake and 1 other were attempting to tackle Marty Taupau. MT had ball in one hand and out in front as he always does. Blake grabbed ball from his hand and ran off for Penny Panthers to score. Bunker said similar to fact he had ball out in front with one hand and looking to offload. Groundhog day with Morris strip

Big Marn

Juniors
So just saw a catch 22 situation for the titans. The player was about to be dragged over the sideline by the Roosters players. He did the instinctive thing and got rid of the ball before he went into the touch. The Titans then carried on down the field to score a wonderful try, but then Perenara went all the way back to see if the the tackle had been completed before the pass was thrown.
Technically Kelly was on the ground for a split second but the Roosters players had carried on with the tackle to get him over the sideline.
The bunker adjudged the tackle completed and penalised the Titans player for getting rid of the ball.
So either way the Roosters were going to get the ball back....

Yet you can guarantee that if the try hadnt been scored it would have been play on for the Titans.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Didn’t see the incident but that is terrible, the referee with the whistle in his hand is the sole judge of when a tackle is complete

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Look at least they go let a slightly tough one 100% right and in our favour for once with Hiku‘s try. Even overturned the infield decision when they could’ve copped out and stuck with it.

Meth

Staff member
Look at least they go let a slightly tough one 100% right and in our favour for once with Hiku‘s try. Even overturned the infield decision when they could’ve copped out and stuck with it.

Yeah. I was actually completely happy with the referee of our game on Friday

TheDMC

Bench

That was excellent bunkering, not straightforward but if given no try, would have been wrong. The foot heel in question was not in touch initially (clear view and evidence) and then from the in goal view as he was grounding the ball, the front half of the foot that was visible hadn't moved an iota, meaning the heel couldn't of either, thus still in play.

I was convinced the bunker was going to mess it up though!

Rich102

Staff member
What concerns me is that we have well paid line officials on the touchlines. Yet the referee still refers it to the bunker.
Surely he should have asked the touchie and then, if still in doubt, refer it to the bunker.
In this case the touchie was well positioned and kept his flag down; case closed.
Get on with the game.