What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt and Reddy

SeftonBoy

Juniors
Luke Burt should be dropped immediately when Hayne comes back into the team. Burt is a fullback & is a wingers a**hole. A few moments a brillance does not offset the defensive lapses; the non-existent dummy half runs; being dominated when running the ball and generally not getting into the game when the chips are down. Parramatta has hit rock bottom & its time to blood some potential guys & start giving them FG experience. 50 FG games in is when you'll see their potential being realised. Including Burt will only result in continued bad results for years to come.
Ben Smith can go with him too. Too slow for centre & doesn't hit the right lines for a second row. Mortimer & Robson are both too slow & the time has come to end this experiment.

SDM

First Grade
Good to see you back Softo, I bet you are surprised it took Burt this long to have a shocker, but you were quick to pounce. Good work.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
He's been terrible all year again. He was the best in a bad bunch last week. They had to give the MOM award to someone.
I see you're happy with bad Parramatta peformances. They aren't FG standard mate & Burt is a nice guy & at times is a smart footballer but he doesn't do enough quality game-winning stuff for me.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Burt and Reddy? They are some of the few that I would only re-sign.

Wow, some players had a bad game in a 30-0 drubbing. Who would have thought it?

SDM

First Grade
He's been terrible all year again. He was the best in a bad bunch last week. They had to give the MOM award to someone.
I see you're happy with bad Parramatta peformances. They aren't FG standard mate & Burt is a nice guy & at times is a smart footballer but he doesn't do enough quality game-winning stuff for me.

I was out to all hours celebrating last night. Kearney joined me, he was happy as Larry.

Cocidius

Juniors
Burt to us is what Hazem was to the Bulldogs...
Yes they might not be superstars, but will never let the team down!

Reddy, hard to say....at best he is an average center...if para had a world class center, that can be covered (espically financially, as most teams only can afford one class center; oh besides dragons); although in our situation...it may be time to for us to move him on....

ParraSteve

Juniors
reddy while a solid first grader has shown little improvement since his debut he was made to look awful in defence yesterday that shouldnt happen with the amount of games he's played

Eels Dude

Coach
It's not Burt's fault that our centres and halves can't tackle which led to the Dragons continually breaking the line from halfway. So I don't get the criticism of his defence.

Bigfella

Coach
It's not Burt's fault that our centres and halves can't tackle which led to the Dragons continually breaking the line from halfway. So I don't get the criticism of his defence.

I 'm not sure but I think it may have something to do with about 6 direct misses for tries in the last three games.

Just a guess though.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Being upfront:

NOT a Burt fan at all.

He is NOT in the top half of first grade quality wingers.

HOWEVER he IS a first grade quality winger. Not an extremely good one, but dependable enough.
You KNOW he's going to finish well.
You KNOW he'll kick pressure goals (almost all the time anyway).
You KNOW that he's a good "front runner" - when the team is travelling well, Burt tends to play his best footy.

But the thing that stands against him is that you KNOW he won't help the forwards out by hitting the ball up early in the count after a kick.
You KNOW he's a terrible defender.
You KNOW he won't jump to contest bombs.
You KNOW that when the team is going badly, he is simply a passenger - plays his worst footy when we're down.

I'll say it again, I don't like Burt, but he is clearly the best winger at our club right now.

Reddy is a pretty well-rounded footballer. Tends to shine a little bit more brightly as the season progresses. Really really tough for a centre to play good footy when there is no playmaker putting them into space or giving them quality ball with time to do something.

oldmancraigy

Coach

You don't honestly believe he's a good defender do you?

Just watch him next time a bomb is kicked to him. He refuses to jump to contest the ball. Often flat out refuses to contest it.

And his tackling is - erm. oh dear.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
One thing I've notice from Burt over the past two weeks, when a line break is made and he has to go one on one he goes for the shoulder charge, doesn't even think of making the tackle.

But in poor back line such as ours, these two guys would be my first pick week in week out.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Settle down bro! Thats the exact attitude that holds this club back. Would either of these 2 make any other team? Let alone be permanent fixtures.

I'm fed up of that line as an excuse. "Oh, which of our blokes would be part of another team's side?"

Hayne would not walk into St. George's starting 13 IMO. And before you start whinging and saying, "But...But...But...He's Hayne!", have a look at St. George's backs and halves and tell me who he'd be likely to displace. Boyd? Nah. Nightingale, Stanley, Morris, Cooper, Gasnier? No, MAYBE, no, no, no. Soward? Hell no. Hornby? Hayne is no halfback.

So by this logic Hayne sucks, too, because he wouldn't walk right up and start for the Dragons side. :roll:

Burty probably wouldn't be a starter for many other sides right now, but it has more to do with his age than his ability IMO. He's 20 already. Most teams would probably choose a younger bloke.

caylo

Bench
I'm fed up of that line as an excuse. "Oh, which of our blokes would be part of another team's side?"

Hayne would not walk into St. George's starting 13 IMO. And before you start whinging and saying, "But...But...But...He's Hayne!", have a look at St. George's backs and halves and tell me who he'd be likely to displace. Boyd? Nah. Nightingale, Stanley, Morris, Cooper, Gasnier? No, MAYBE, no, no, no. Soward? Hell no. Hornby? Hayne is no halfback.

So by this logic Hayne sucks, too, because he wouldn't walk right up and start for the Dragons side. :roll:

Burty probably wouldn't be a starter for many other sides right now, but it has more to do with his age than his ability IMO. He's 20 already. Most teams would probably choose a younger bloke.

You are deadset kidding yourself on the first part, Hayne would make every team in the comp at either fullback, wing, centre or 5-8.
At the dragons he would play either fullback, wing (with boyd at the other and drop Nightingale) or 5-8 (with Soward at halfback).

The most important thing is if Hayne was on the open market only the Dragons and Storm wouldnt be after hum because they have adequate players in the positions.

BUT Burt and Reddy are the type of payer every club need, quality backs who can finish well at club level but not going to cost you the world because they arn't rep players. Reddy is our version of Turner or McManus but tbh I think he is better suited to the wing.

Reddy is a smart defender but has struggled against quick footed player like Gasnier and Benji because he rushes up on them. Reddys hight and kick return ability to me makes him the perfect winger, he also is quick and our best finisher. If we can snag a quality centre or even have one step up like Morgan (or other players i wont mention because i will be critized for having a man crush) then a backline is more then adequate which both Burt and Reddy would be part of.

SDM

First Grade
You are deadset kidding yourself on the first part, Hayne would make every team in the comp at either fullback, wing, centre or 5-8.
At the dragons he would play either fullback, wing (with boyd at the other and drop Nightingale) or 5-8 (with Soward at halfback).

The most important thing is if Hayne was on the open market only the Dragons and Storm wouldnt be after hum because they have adequate players in the positions.

BUT Burt and Reddy are the type of payer every club need, quality backs who can finish well at club level but not going to cost you the world because they arn't rep players. Reddy is our version of Turner or McManus but tbh I think he is better suited to the wing.

Reddy is a smart defender but has struggled against quick footed player like Gasnier and Benji because he rushes up on them. Reddys hight and kick return ability to me makes him the perfect winger, he also is quick and our best finisher. If we can snag a quality centre or even have one step up like Morgan (or other players i wont mention because i will be critized for having a man crush) then a backline is more then adequate which both Burt and Reddy would be part of.

:lol: Exactly.

caylo

Bench
:lol: Exactly.

say what you will but both those players were in good enough form to get a call up for their state. They are not big enough to compete at origin level but they are more the adequate at club level and they are both very good finishers and reliable wingers.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Whatever. Hayne would not displace either Boyd or Nightingale as easily as you claim. You're an Eels fan, and biased towards Hayne. The truth is the Dragons wouldn't need him because their roster is fine without him. You can carry on however you wish, but that's the truth. And you know it.

This whole argument saying that a player stinks because he wouldn't walk into another side'd starting 13 is idiotic. With Fui and Mannah on fire there aren't too many props that would walk right up into out starting 13. I guess that makes every prop other than those two crap.

forward pass

Coach
I 'm not sure but I think it may have something to do with about 6 direct misses for tries in the last three games.

Just a guess though.

In fairness to Burt, no fullback would expect that much traffic to be running at him during a game. Playing behind this mob would not be easy !

Latest posts