What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt signs on again

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think people are being too harsh. He is a NRL quality outside back with a tonne of experience. I believe he was dropped due to an incident with Brian Smith. Surely his form was better than sideshow. And if he wouldn't have been injured he would be playing first grade now.

Gronk

Staff member
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
I think people are being too harsh. He is a NRL quality outside back with a tonne of experience. I believe he was dropped due to an incident with Brian Smith. Surely his form was better than sideshow. And if he wouldn't have been injured he would be playing first grade now.

I would think that his signing is based purely on his goal kicking. Should both Williams and Delaney not hang around for 07, who else would be potting goals other than Piggy ?

parralight

Juniors
Good news.
A good solid footballer and and a really good bloke.
Obviously loves the eels to bits.

Hayne to fullback and Burt and Grothe on the wings... Sounds reasonable to me.

Parra Guru

Coach
Onya Burty.

Depending on where Williams is in 07, I guess the backline could look like this:

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe

Me likey

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Gronk said:
I would think that his signing is based purely on his goal kicking. Should both Williams and Delaney not hang around for 07, who else would be potting goals other than Piggy ?

No serious club signs a player based solely on goal kicking. If you have a foot you can be taught to be a half decent goal kicker. I know that Burt was resigned to be a player not a kicker.

cureme

Juniors
I'm glad he stayed too! I still think he has a lot to offer, and I would like to see him get a shot at fullback as I think that is his best position (though there is no doubting Hayne is our long term future fullback).

parralight

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
I bet Hayne spends more time in reserves than first grade next year in favour of this hack who has never done anything in first grade. .

Ok I will take you up on that bet - name your price :D :D

Hellsy

Immortal
I'd like to see what Hagan can do with Burty, hopefully he can bring him out of his slump and work on his defence and then we can see him vying for positions against the other players to bring out the best in all of them every week

Utey

Coach
Hellsy said:
I'd like to see what Hagan can do with Burty, hopefully he can bring him out of his slump and work on his defence and then we can see him vying for positions against the other players to bring out the best in all of them every week

I dont think he really is that bad??? I think everyone just needs their scapegoat.

Kornstar

Coach
I am happy about the signing, i am sure he knows he is really going to have to produce something if he wants to keep the likes of Inu and Hayne out, and if he does perform and keeps them out and plays like a champion and scores lots of points, i don't think all the haters will be whinging, however if he plays like crap, he will be in reggies and will only be there for depth......win, win really!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
I dont think he really is that bad??? I think everyone just needs their scapegoat.

I don't think he is either... but I really do hope that Hagan can work on the things Burty has been lacking in recent times.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I'm over the moon that this is the only news we can come up with concerning our retention of players for next year. Luke is a moderate first grader at best.

Parraren

Bench
As long as he was re-signed as a winger and NOT as a fullback i'm reasonably happy. He had a good season on the wing last year, no one can deny that. However, he is a terrible fullback.

Latest posts