What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt signs on again

Avenger

Immortal
I am not a fan, however I commend him on his loyalty. He could have received bigger money elsewhere.

PIG

Juniors
Avenger said:
I am not a fan, however I commend him on his loyalty. He could have received bigger money elsewhere.

Lol! Like where?

Souths wouldn't see wingers as their priority- I reckon he's just about maxing up here to be honest.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PIG said:
Lol! Like where?

Souths wouldn't see wingers as their priority- I reckon he's just about maxing up here to be honest.

do you have proof of that???...anyone who thinks Burt is "maxing up" it would have rocks in their head.

V1er

Juniors
I dont mind re-signing burt, He may not be in the top 17, but if injuries arise he'll be handy to have.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm disappointed.

Firstly, I'm not a big fan. Solid first grader, nothing more.
But when we are possibly letting players go of the potential of Williams, and keeping dead wood like Burt, it seems that the broom that is sweeping through the place at the moment just isn't wide enough, and there are a few bristles missing in the middle.

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i think that luke wouldve either taken a pay cut, or remained on the same money as his last contract tbh. he's just set up a family here and loves the club.

he's not exactly someone i could picture taking the club for all they are worth...

JessEel

Suitman said:
I'm disappointed.

Firstly, I'm not a big fan. Solid first grader, nothing more.
But when we are possibly letting players go of the potential of Williams, and keeping dead wood like Burt, it seems that the broom that is sweeping through the place at the moment just isn't wide enough, and there are a few bristles missing in the middle.

Suity

maybe williams is already gone?

Stagger eel

Staff member
who knows for certan whether Williams was sacrifised or not, for all we know Williams may have been priority and he couldn't offer him what he may of been offered else where, therefore Luke became the next option.

strider

Post Whore
no one knows how much he signed for and whether there are any other alternatives available .... so cut the guy some slack for a change .... can't fall back on the old "one of brian's favourites" bashing avenues anymore - obviously someone else seems something in him

True EEL

Bench
this is somehwat of a surprise as he has dropped right off the radar at Parramatta, but apparently Michael Hagan thinks he's ok...?

if he was signed for depth he probably would only have been retained one a one-yaer contract so he may well be in the 07 plans for first grade still

i know this won't be popular (especially with all the 'Hayne-itis' that is going around) but with McKinnon apparently gone - Luke Burt could well be given first shot at fullback as this IMHO is where he plays best

if he could improve his defence, this would be 'his' position definitely as he utilises his running game and support play best from fullback and is ok on the wing and simply isn't a C

Hayne on the other hand, may best be suited to the centres.....now there is a thought!!! he is almost a little small for the wing these days and may also be wasted out there, so (fullback) or centre appear to be his spots

maybe Ben Smith (or delaney) could be moved into the forwards at either lock or second row, i mean he (they) sure has the size for it

or will Hayne even be tried at 5/8 - since we don't have one anymore?

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm all for trying new things but sorry, Burts defence just isn't good enough in the one on one defensive situation that a fullback so often comes up against.

Been there, done that.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Also his kick returns are very poor. The touch judges are more likely to be taken out than the opposition forwards.

Suity

JessEel

Suitman said:
Also his kick returns are very poor. The touch judges are more likely to be taken out than the opposition forwards.

Suity

we have a few players like that atm!

redeel

Juniors
what fantastic news .Lets keep all the crap that cant cut it in 1st gr and let the guys who can actually play permission to neg.
Burt should be thankfull Parra thrive on mediocrity, and will continue to do so under another suspect coach in 2007.
The only place for burt is at 5/8, but his kicking in genral play, has never been seen ,so he will just be there to fill the void,and be the speed hump he always was ,is.
WHEN IS THIS GUY GUNNA LIVE UP TO ALL THE HYPE HE HAD WHEN WE DRAGGED HIM FROM THE CRIBB TO PLAY 4 US,ANSWER,NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR

Latest posts