What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt v Hayne - The Stats

BRAD BELLICK

Juniors
Ok a lot has been made on these forums of who is the better option at fullback. I decided to consult my league statisticians at fox to pull out some key stats.

Since the beginning of 2007 Luke Burt has played 41 games for us at fullback. We've won 19 of them. Hayne has played 15 games and we've won 10.

Our avg points for with Burt at fullback is 20.2, with Hayne its 23.6
Our avg points against with Burt 22.9, with Hayne its 18.1

We've played in 1 finals series with Hayne at fullback, none with Burt.

ON a side note Burt is a career 78% kicker. Inu is 81%.

Stats can be used and manipulated anyway you want really, but I thought it made for some interesting reading.

parraeelz

Juniors
even if burt killed hayne in stats hayne is always the bets option at number 1
the only time he touched the ball in the 2nd half he trampled ova like 5 defenders
imagine that on kick returns wen hes pumped
hes also alot happier at fullbak

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
i rkn hayne could of stopped sailor in the last try the dragons scored. Atleast he would of made a reasonable attempt. Burt is fkn soft

yy_cheng

Coach
Since his last leg injury, I think that Burt holds off.

i.e. he won't go in hard or make a tackle as he is worried about being injured again.

Parra

Referee
There is only one stat that really counts - the one they keep at every ground on a big board at the end of the field.

Burt makes a huge difference to the score - in the last match he scored all of our points.

Fullback is not the problem this team needs to deal with. Billy Slater would struggle the way the team is going right now.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
:lol: but but but he does alot of talking behing the line, and he tells them where to stand in defense:lol:

Burt is a f**king myth, the stats show it.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
There is only one stat that really counts - the one they keep at every ground on a big board at the end of the field.

Burt makes a huge difference to the score - in the last match he scored all of our points.

Fullback is not the problem this team needs to deal with. Billy Slater would struggle the way the team is going right now.

the only stat that's significant are the wins we have with Hayne at fullback, we win more games with Hayne at fb then Burt, simple as that.

And for all the homos who said that Burt directs our defense etc etc well, the stats show we're defensively better with Hayne at fb, so i'd say whilst he may not talk as much from the back, his words are often more constructive:lol: Burt probably just dribbles sh*t from the back hence why we're useless when he's there.

Please f**k off burt and let the younger players have there chance.

Parra

Referee
Ron, are you seriously drawing that conclusion?

How many games has Hayne played at fullback?
How many games has Burt played at fullback?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ron, are you seriously drawing that conclusion?

How many games has Hayne played at fullback?
How many games has Burt played at fullback?

Doesn't matter, the proof is we always do look at better side with Hayne at FB. Even last year when Burt was dumped to allow Hayne at FB we looked alot better side, same goes in 2008 when Hayne was the form player of the comp at fb when he took over from Burt and led us to the major semi in which he was probably our best player.

The sooner you realise that Burt is a liability at FB and Hayne is far superior the better, the evidence is on tape, i suggest you view it :arrow:

Parra

Referee
No Ron - you stated that "the stats do show it"

In this case, the number of games played does matter.

Apart from that, you aren't going to be convinced that Burt is a capable fullback. So who cares?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When Hayne was playing fullback at the back end of 2007 he was one of the best players in the world. Burt has never been more than a handy first grader and very good goal kicker. I still can't believe since 2007 Hayne has been kept away from his best possie :crazy:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
When Hayne was playing fullback at the back end of 2007 he was one of the best players in the world. Burt has never been more than a handy first grader and very good goal kicker. I still can't believe since 2007 Hayne has been kept away from his best possie :crazy:

It's a real shame how best fullback isn't even playing there, and the likes of the evil Burt keeping god sends like Hayne at centre.

I have a terrible feeling we'll end up loosing Hayne oneday and keeping Burt

Ron Jeremy

Coach
No Ron - you stated that "the stats do show it"

In this case, the number of games played does matter.

Apart from that, you aren't going to be convinced that Burt is a capable fullback. So who cares?

They do care:lol: quite funny how Hayne has almost as many wins at fb in under 20 games then Burt at 40:lol:

Burt isn't a capable fb, he's a fringe fb. If he couldn't kick goals he would be over at Featherstone or Bately as we speak, that's the truth!

Out of all the fullbacks in the NRL at the moment, where would you rate Burt amongst them? and dont give me this bs 'but but but it depends on the value he offers the team as a whole' bs because that's the same crap that Cayless and Finch fans said, time to cut the sh*t!

Parra

Referee
So now the "stats" - to use that term as loosely as you do, are not the issue? Just what you think? There are plenty of threads that go over that already.

Answer your own questions, I don't care to.

yy_cheng

Coach
My question is, did we lose alot without all the stuff that Finch does off the ball?

Similarly, do we lose alot if we do not have what Burt does off the ball?