What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt v Hayne - The Stats

caylo

Bench
2007 is a good year to bring up. Until Burt dislocated his knee he was the leading pointscorer in the NRL.

And had Inu been kicking all year he would have been the leading pointscorer. A player should not be kicked on goal kicking, especially when there is a abckup kicker who kciks over 80%

Ron Jeremy

Coach
What about how many times Burt chimes in as second?
How many 40-20s people in our team have compared to Burt?
How often Burt chimes in as a kicker?
How often Burt had to do the talking for Hayne when Hayne was at the back?

Nice try. Reliance on stats shows people know nothing about football.

Sorry HJ, nice try, stats dont lie:p

caylo

Bench
What about how many times Burt chimes in as second? How many times has hayne done it, obviously his work means we score more points anyway
How many 40-20s people in our team have compared to Burt? he has kicked 1 40/20 since 2006, Timmy smith and Matt keating have both also kicked 1.
How often Burt chimes in as a kicker? has kicked 105 times in 3 years... about 2.5 kicks a game. Hayne chimes in about once a game when at fullback. But yet we still score more points with Hayne at fullback
How often Burt had to do the talking for Hayne when Hayne was at the back? Blah blah blah... we still conceed less points with hayne in the #1

Nice try. Reliance on stats shows people know nothing about football.
You yourself HJ just showed nothing... the stats dont lie

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont rate burt but look if we had the best fullback we still wouldnt score points would we : P

eel4life

Juniors
ok Brett Stuart in manly and they win he scores 3 tries on return why is that, because he puts himself in positions to score points, he is a freak ...

look at burt scores a lucky try at the end of the game where they clocked off, inu is a better goal kicker and he should be goal kicking he has better %'s ...

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
LUKE BURT IS GARBAGE. HE IS THE WORST FULLBACK IN THE COMPETITION. WAKE THE F**K UP ALL YOU BURT LOVERS. BRETT STEWART SHOWED HOW IMPORTANT A FULLBACK IS TO A TEAM. HE SCORED TRIES FROM NOTHING AND BROKE THE LINE AT WILL. MANLY COULD NOT WIN A GAME WITHOUT HIM. HAYNE MAY NOT BE AS GOOD AS STEWART, BUT AT LEAST HE AINT TOO FAR BEHIND. AT LEAST HAYNE CAN BREAK A GAME APART. METRES GAINED AND POINT SCORING RECORDS MEAN sh*t. WE NEED HAYNE INVOLVED. HE IS A FREAK.

I have been saying he's crap for years but got bagged for it because he was a nice guy. Now, i just dont care. Coaches seem to rate him...... Yay burty! Hayne should be the fullback that is his best posy.........

The asset that Burt had was he's speed but that has deserted him. Defensively he's weak, he doesnt take the high ball well and doesnt back up the ball carrier like a good fullback should do. But yay Burty!

Parraren

Bench
At the end of the day Hayne is in a group of 5 or 6 'special' players that we need to build our side around if we are going to be fairdinkum.

No disprespect to Burty, but he isn't in that group of 'special' players but he is a darn good player on his day.

The thing that has always dissapointed me most about Burty is that he doesn't show that extra bit of desperation as a last line of defense that you see from other fullbacks in the game. He has improved on this aspect of his game in recent years but it's still well short of the top fulbacks in the comp.

This is where we would vastly improve with Hayne at the back. He is a super defender, especially one on one and he has the size and agression to take down some of the big guys coming through the line. His kick returns are definitely more potent than Burts.

Hayne doesn't have the kicking game and passing game that Burt offers from the back though.

Admiral Awesome

Juniors
When was the last time Burt held up a player attempting to score a try? Has he ever?

When was the last time Burt scored not off a kick or backing up someone elses break? Has he ever?

When was the last time he took a bomb on the full?

All things other fullbacks do weekly.

parra.letic

Juniors
i get the feeling cayless and burt will be offered the dignified out at the end of the season... or at least i hope they will..

hayne needs to be in the #1, it is that f**king obvious.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ok a lot has been made on these forums of who is the better option at fullback. I decided to consult my league statisticians at fox to pull out some key stats.

Since the beginning of 2007 Luke Burt has played 41 games for us at fullback. We've won 19 of them. Hayne has played 15 games and we've won 10.

Our avg points for with Burt at fullback is 20.2, with Hayne its 23.6
Our avg points against with Burt 22.9, with Hayne its 18.1

We've played in 1 finals series with Hayne at fullback, none with Burt.

ON a side note Burt is a career 78% kicker. Inu is 81%.

Stats can be used and manipulated anyway you want really, but I thought it made for some interesting reading.

lol..

so what we have is some bloke with a serious case of SDS trying to prove that Hayne is a better fullback/player/whatever than Burt....well no f**kin sh*t einstein :roll: so I might give Mr BALLACK a stat of my own..

Burt 150K
Hayne 420K

I'd be asking serious questions of Hayne as to why his stats aren't more superior than what they should be.

this has to be one of the weakest most despicable threads which obviously has one agenda and that's to attack a player at the club who's more than likely over achieving next to his over paid team mates.

plenty of keyboard heroes here....

oldmancraigy

Coach
This thread is completely wrong.

It should be Luke Burt vs Ben Smith.

Of course Hayne is a better fullback - but like Stagger said, that's what you'd expect from the player being paid more than twice as much who has represented state and country....

But that's not the only question that needs answering.

What helps the team most? Burt at fullback or Smith in the centres?

For mine, it's Burt at fullback - sure he has some shortcomings - but he'll still score some opportunistic tries over the course of the season! Meanwhile Hayne at centres might actually see us with better attacking shape than Benny (sorry - Ben, you're slow now and the pack is your place!)

Stagger eel

Staff member
ok Brett Stuart in manly and they win he scores 3 tries on return why is that, because he puts himself in positions to score points, he is a freak ...

look at burt scores a lucky try at the end of the game where they clocked off, inu is a better goal kicker and he should be goal kicking he has better %'s ...

here's a tip for you George, Brett Stewart is about 5 times the player than what Burt is and about 3 times the player than what Hayne is and is probably getting paid less than Hayne....:lol:

infact, by comparing Stewarts to those 2 players could also be seen as insult to his footballing abilities.

oldmancraigy

Coach
here's a tip for you George, Brett Stewart is about 5 times the player than what Burt is and about 3 times the player than what Hayne is and is probably getting paid less than Hayne....:lol:

infact, by comparing Stewarts to those 2 players could also be seen as insult to his footballing abilities.

I think he was talking about Brett Stuart - the little know park footballer from Pokolbin.

Rare talent at fullback apparently?

Fee

Juniors
I dont think it matters where any of us think Burt or Hayne should be, it only matters where Ando thinks they should play. I know he may play better at full-back but I think Hayne has a problem with acting like a petulant child at times and I dont think Ando has that same problem with Burt.

Latest posts