What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt v Hayne - The Stats

Ron Jeremy

Coach
So now the "stats" - to use that term as loosely as you do, are not the issue? Just what you think? There are plenty of threads that go over that already.

Answer your own questions, I don't care to.

:lol: Just accept it, when Hayne is our fullback we win more games, conceade less points, score more points and he has almost as many wins as burt in half the time.

Parra

Referee
We won a lot more games when Hayne was on the wing. Why aren't you advocating that?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's a real shame how best fullback isn't even playing there, and the likes of the evil Burt keeping god sends like Hayne at centre.

I have a terrible feeling we'll end up loosing Hayne oneday and keeping Burt
At least we have DA in charge now mate, i could see it happening with Hages in charge. B Smith 4 year deal FFS :crazy:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
We won a lot more games when Hayne was on the wing. Why aren't you advocating that?

do you have the stats to prove that?

I could also say that when Burt played wing we made the GF and were statistically one of the greatest sides of all time:roll:

Hayne is a great winger, but we all know that he offers this side more then a presence on the wing, hence why he should be our fb, and he has shown that he's magnificant at the position, take in that, add the stats also the fact that he's an SOO winger and it's pretty hard to deny him the spot.

Burt has had 10 years to show his potential, he does in dribs and drabs, but he's not the answer, and i've said it before that no team with Luke Burt at FB will win a GF

Ron Jeremy

Coach
At least we have DA in charge now mate, i could see it happening with Hages in charge. B Smith 4 year deal FFS :crazy:

true, god i remember how vocal i was when that was announced:lol: one of the stupidest re-signings i think possibly ever. Yeah not a bad player, but who signs a guy who had a string of long term injuries to a 4 year deal? it isn't like he is f**king Benji Marshall or Billy Slater, its f**king Ben Smith!:lol:

Parra

Referee
Don't roll your eyes - that is exactly what you could say.

I think Hayne's best spot is on the wing & I have no idea why the position is denigrated like it is. As you say - he's an SOO winger and it's pretty hard to deny him the spot.

Ron Jeremy

Coach

I think Hayne's best spot is on the wing & I have no idea why the position is denigrated like it is. As you say - he's an SOO winger and it's pretty hard to deny him the spot.

Fullbacks are more of an asset to a side then a winger. Yes wingers are very valuable to sides, but good fullbacks are rare to find, good wingers aren't. Fullbacks can chime whenever in attack and act as support to foward play. In defense there role is well documented, wingers are isolated in both attack and defense, fullbacks aren't, they have to be everywhere.

Have you not seen Hayne form at fullback? don't you remember his form in 2007 there? if you do, how can you deny him a spot there? he was simply amazing in that position.

Parra Guru

Coach
Luke Burt used to have long sandy hair and is still the new ET. You'll all be sorry when he proves this to us one day...

CrazyEel

Bench
I could also say that when Burt played wing we made the GF and were statistically one of the greatest sides of all time:roll:
Would make as much real sense as any other use of stats you have used in this thread. Not debating your point just remarking on your outlandish manipulation of data. :lol:

Seriously Ron, I have to admit it, always have to re-read your post twice to get a sense of when your fair dinkum and when your just plain sh*t stirring, and then I still don't know. :oops:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Would make as much real sense as any other use of stats you have used in this thread. Not debating your point just remarking on your outlandish manipulation of data. :lol:

Seriously Ron, I have to admit it, always have to re-read your post twice to get a sense of when your fair dinkum and when your just plain sh*t stirring, and then I still don't know. :oops:

:lol: you would never know;-)

COACH STERLING

Juniors

Hayne's best position would be wing IF we had Brett Stewart playing fullback and Gasnier and Cooper in the centres. Simple answer is you use your strike players in strike positions. Burt isn't as effective as Hayne in attack. Fullback in the best posy for Hayne to attack from. It's only a matter of time before DA slots him in. I also agree with the earlier poster who hinted Burt's contract would not be renewed. I can't see any value in keeping Burt belong next year. Unfortunate, but that's business.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I just like to say, part of this thread is me sh*t stirring and part serious, just for those who aren't sure lol

Admiral Awesome

Juniors
Burt had an average game on Friday night, which was his best game in 18 months. This Hollywood Jesus guy must've been proud as punch.

Hayne should be the fullback and the rest of the backline fitted around that. If that doesnt allow room for Burt, perhaps Wenty will throw him a lifeline

Parra

Referee
2007 is a good year to bring up. Until Burt dislocated his knee he was the leading pointscorer in the NRL.

What about how many times Burt chimes in as second?
How many 40-20s people in our team have compared to Burt?
How often Burt chimes in as a kicker?
How often Burt had to do the talking for Hayne when Hayne was at the back?

Nice try. Reliance on stats shows people know nothing about football.

Latest posts