What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Joey G

diab0lik

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25709796-5006066,00.html

Joe Galuvao set to sign with Manly Sea Eagles

RUSSELL Crowe once told Joe Galuvao to quit the NRL and become a church minister - but "Big Joe's" rugby league revival will continue this week when he signs a new deal with Manly. Eels back-rower Galuvao will join Manly in 2010 with the premiers looking to bulk up their back row after losing Glenn Hall (Bradford) and Adam Cuthbertson (Sharks).
Galuvao's career looked all but over in 2007 when he was banished to the Queensland Cup and told to quit his $350,000-a-year contract with Souths and join the church.
But Galuvao dug his heals in and played for Brisbane Easts before the Eels stepped in with a life-line last year.
Galuvao has since returned to the type of form that helped the Panthers to a premiership in 2003 and will continue his career with Manly next year.
The Sea Eagles have made a habit of pinching Eels players of late with

Tony Williams and David Williams among the latest to cross the bridge.

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
What a shame, probably our best attacking second rower. Passing wise. He can also change direction better then any of our second rowers.

natheel

Coach
thats farked, just when hes starting to get into a rhythm at the eels the eagles try to pinch him, f**king typical

diab0lik

Juniors
even tho he's been great this year i guess it's good that he goes now, it'll make room for some younger guys to step up.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
even tho he's been great this year i guess it's good that he goes now, it'll make room for some younger guys to step up.

Yeah we said the same thing about Wagon and Robinson. Didnt exactly work out that way. Especially seeing as we dont have any significant prospects in the second row.

Eelementary

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25709796-5006066,00.html

Joe Galuvao set to sign with Manly Sea Eagles

RUSSELL Crowe once told Joe Galuvao to quit the NRL and become a church minister - but "Big Joe's" rugby league revival will continue this week when he signs a new deal with Manly. Eels back-rower Galuvao will join Manly in 2010 with the premiers looking to bulk up their back row after losing Glenn Hall (Bradford) and Adam Cuthbertson (Sharks).
Galuvao's career looked all but over in 2007 when he was banished to the Queensland Cup and told to quit his $350,000-a-year contract with Souths and join the church.
But Galuvao dug his heals in and played for Brisbane Easts before the Eels stepped in with a life-line last year.
Galuvao has since returned to the type of form that helped the Panthers to a premiership in 2003 and will continue his career with Manly next year.
The Sea Eagles have made a habit of pinching Eels players of late with

Tony Williams and David Williams among the latest to cross the bridge.

Oh, ffs....

Utey

Coach
Heard about that on Sunday, it's sad, but it's better we let him go, then hand on one year too long.

Gronk

Staff member
What can you do ? Set a value for a player based on your cap and if another club trumps you ? Cya Smokin Joe.

Oh, f**k you Manly !

jk13

First Grade
what do manly offer the nrl. freakn nothing. they hover around our players like 13 cronulla players in a kiwi hotel room. hurry up and die manly

SDM

First Grade
Manly are a strange bunch. Wont pay overs for Hargraves, just 32 year olds.

bartman

Immortal
Oh well, can't keep them all I guess... but Joe would have had a role at least on the bench next year imo.

Nothing in the article suggests we made him an offer to compete though, and DA might be happy with the junior strength and two forward additions replacing the two current first grade forwards we're losing (Joe and Lowrie tbc).

Bazal

Post Whore
Oh well, I can understand his decision...this will probably be his last deal, so it's no surprise if he does take the better offer from Manly.

Im constantly amazed by Moanly's ability to have soooo many good players and still be under the cap. Simply amazing. Seriously, they have to be joking? I call SHENANIGAN!

born an eel

Bench
I would have been interested in comparing contract values, if we offered reasonable value I would have hoped he would of stayed as a thank you for saving his career.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i am sorry but Joe is a complete dog.... it is obvious.
I mean we took him from Qld cup back into the nrl to help him out and give him a shot.
Then he runs off again for some more money....
Cya Joe - dont let the door hit you on the way out....

Time to send him to wenty

Latest posts