What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Raper

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Just back from an interstate business trip and finally some good news on the rumour front....its see-ya-later Arron Raper after the 2006 season.
One down...one to go.

Since 73

First Grade
Do you think this is in some way a 'divide and conquer' approach SLE, to get rid of the Roper boys?
Or is Stuey still on safe ground

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Pardon my ignorance on jersey flegg matters but what has he done wrong? Is he not liked by those that matter including his brother or is he just incompetent? What does this say about Stuart's influence within the club if true? Personally I'm not a great fan of family influence in any club as there will always be accusations of nepotism.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Wasn't Aaron liked relatively more than Stuart as well?

Get Gavin Miller in to coach with Les Davidson as a forwards mentor.

beekershark

Bench
Flegg is small and most are of in the younger age bracket and will still be in flegg filling out and maturing over the next season or two at the very least.

Aaron is one of the biggest advocates of the local junior policy there SLE and you know it only too well. He was handed a bunch of Kiwis to mother over here, a few have been sent packing , and he has been the victim of huge player turnover as a result. That kind of thing is always unsettling for flegg teams when players step up to reserves or leave totally, and he has coached this small side to good wins this year over top 4 flegg sides .

I'm a huge believer in local juniors and the ex players that are planning to come back, I believe that they should be part of the club and will have success, But to imply A raper was anti-local juniors would be un-fair IMO.