What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Trent, dont forget to write

Ribs

Bench
Tigers fans are only now realising how hard it is to play competitive football without a regular half/five eight combo....

At least we were/are still competitive, same cant be said for that mob without Marshall.

Parra Guru

Coach
phonetic said:
The elbow that Cayless put on Greenshields was even worse than PJ's cheap shot when Barrett was suspended in mid air. Greenshields wasn't looking and is half his size, also, Cayless was running in at steam.

Barrett's reaction was uncalled for yes, but Barrett ain't renowned for landing punches... unfortunately .. because PJ is a thug. Cheap shot merchant. Grub.

At the end of the day... we beat them at Kogarah.. and they choked in more spectacular fashion than us.

Ladies! Settle down, I was only having a joke, by the way, are you serious about this comment?

Cayless was running in at steam.

Because that sounds very out of character to me :lol:

sydraider

First Grade
gregstar said:
yep - amazing. heroes aplenty

& yet not one nrl coach or chief executive would knock him back if they had the chance of signing him.

Totally agree, Barret when in form is one of the best 5/8's in the game.
Good on him for looking after his family by taking the big money in the old dart.

aids

Bench
barret was alright, just a bit too mopey over the past few years.
not soo much a bad thing, but he did take too much responsiblity for the team and did try to do too much himself.

he seems a bit like the leonard cohen of the rugby world

gregstar

Referee
smeghead said:
Good luck to him. He should go very well in the English game.

Two lasting memories are

1. Getting slapped by Brownie. Completley insane and still makes me laugh to this day.
2. Speaking of things that make me laugh. His comments after the qualifying final last year about how he "feels so alone" were priceless. That and when he dropped to one knee to weep. He re-enacted this move after round 1 this year. My only hope is we beat the Saints at Oki Doki so I might se it one more time before he goes
yeah i remember that dissappointment he had.

the same one wayne pearce had in '89
the same one the entire tigers' team had when they too were bawling their eyes out.

it's really hillarious watching people fail to reach a goal they've strived so hard to get to isn't it? & showing girlie emotions just caps it all of doesn't it?

when did you last experience such desolation? when rumours spread about social security being switched from cash to vouchers? when you fell asleep beside a dumpster & missed your daily self-abuse session?

Parra Guru

Coach
gregstar said:

the same one the entire tigers' team had when they too were bawling their eyes out.

it's really hillarious watching people fail to reach a goal they've strived so hard to get to isn't it? & showing girlie emotions just caps it all of doesn't it?

when did you last experience such desolation? when rumours spread about social security being switched from cash to vouchers? when you fell asleep beside a dumpster & missed your daily self-abuse session?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I also think it sucks to watch Footy players emotional. It's not funny. Blokes cry from joy when they win, so what's wrong with crying with disappointment.

It broke my heart to see Nathan Hindmarsh after the 2001 GF, the same way it broke my heart to see Thommo that way in 1999. With all the sh*t that gets put on these blokes, the last thing they need is an analysis of their emotions from the fans.

Hutty1986

Immortal
gregstar said:

Spot on

Another typical whinge from a bandwagoner fan of the caretaker Premiers

innsaneink

Referee
Hutty1986 said:

Spot on

Another typical whinge from a bandwagoner fan of the caretaker Premiers

:lol: It f**kin hurts still...doesnt it?

30000 fans outcheered by 10000.

Sooooo proud of my team and its fans that night.

aids

Bench
on a plus note dragons fans, you now have close to 500,000 to allocate to Matt Head and sign up a few juniors to long term deals

forget gaz too, the arrogant prick really paints the dragons in a bad light(does that analogy make sense?)

Hutty1986

Immortal
innsaneink said:
:lol: It f**kin hurts still...doesnt it?

30000 fans outcheered by 10000.

Sooooo proud of my team and its fans that night.

:roll: Okay mate, if you say so

innsaneink

Referee
Hutty1986 said:
:roll: Okay mate, if you say so

Ooooohh ouch...below the belt. :lol:

The banter with Saints fans after that game was memorable.

Me: "Any unwanted GF tix for sale"?

Sobbing Saints fan: Our Flegg team is playing.