What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Trent, dont forget to write

phonetic

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
You got a better option mate? Honestly he one of the only NSW 5/8ths in form!

Personally I'd go with Wing. And I'd have Anasta before Dykes anyway.

lockyno1

Post Whore
phonetic said:
Personally I'd go with Wing. And I'd have Anasta before Dykes anyway.

Wing? WTF are you on drugs! He is the best utilty in the game and hasn't played 5/8 consistently for years!

t-ba

Post Whore
phonetic said:
My lasting memories of him will be..

The try against the broncos last year... superb.
Brainsnap after being elbowed by Thug PJ Hillsong Boy
Knocking Rodney Howe out cold with a legal hit on the Western side of Win stadium a few years back.

and who could forget...

spt_dragons030415,0.jpg

phonetic

Juniors
No drugs.

He's been on the big stage before and performed.

He's a utility, and is therefore not unaccustomed to the 5/8 role. You seem to think it's a drastic measure? In my opinion he is a much safer bet than Adam Dykes in there. A couple of good games on the trot for the Sharks does not stamp Origin credentials on your resume.

Just as a couple of bad games on the trot for Anasta should not put him behind a bloke like Dykes for the role. I'm not a huge Anasta fan, and don't think he will ever be a great rep player, but he's a much better option than Dykes.

lockyno1

Post Whore
phonetic said:
No drugs.

He's been on the big stage before and performed.

He's a utility, and is therefore not unaccustomed to the 5/8 role. You seem to think it's a drastic measure? In my opinion he is a much safer bet than Adam Dykes in there. A couple of good games on the trot for the Sharks does not stamp Origin credentials on your resume.

Just as a couple of bad games on the trot for Anasta should not put him behind a bloke like Dykes for the role. I'm not a huge Anasta fan, and don't think he will ever be a great rep player, but he's a much better option than Dykes.

Yes he has been there- in 2000 or so. He has hardly played in the no6 spot since leaving souths. Dykes minus kimorely is in the form of his life and with a good city origin game I think he will be the no6 for NSW. As for a bolter maybe John Sutton but will struggle due to Souths' form.

dubby

Bench
phonetic said:
My lasting memories of him will be..

The try against the broncos last year... superb.
Brainsnap after being elbowed by Thug PJ Hillsong Boy
Knocking Rodney Howe out cold with a legal hit on the Western side of Win stadium a few years back.

Huh???

t-ba said:
and who could forget...

spt_dragons030415,0.jpg

All three players no longer at the club. When you look at the pic again with this in mind it has a whole new meaning.

It was embarrassing at the time but it is hilarious. My beloved Dragons - anything is possible and nothing surprises me any more.

phonetic

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
PJ Marsh.
Hillsong is a religious group...PJ is a born again Christian

That's the one. He's also a grub.

Back to the Wing arguement. Wing has been amongst the Origin scene for several years now, albeit it not at 5/8. I'd have a lot more confidence in him doing the job than Adam Dykes.

As for Sutton.. he hasn't done too much to impress this year. I've been out to most Souths games and he just looks flat. He's a huge prospect, but no where near my Origin reckoning. In my opinion he's gone backwards since last year. I know the fact that they are losing games doesn't help his cause, and opposition sides are very aware of him now, but personally, I think he's well below his best.

lockyno1

Post Whore
phonetic said:
That's the one. He's also a grub.

Back to the Wing arguement. Wing has been amongst the Origin scene for several years now, albeit it not at 5/8. I'd have a lot more confidence in him doing the job than Adam Dykes.

As for Sutton.. he hasn't done too much to impress this year. I've been out to most Souths games and he just looks flat. He's a huge prospect, but no where near my Origin reckoning. In my opinion he's gone backwards since last year. I know the fact that they are losing games doesn't help his cause, and opposition sides are very aware of him now, but personally, I think he's well below his best.

I'd be more confident with someone who plays week-in week out at 5/8 or halfback. Its a massive risk putting someone who has not played in the halves in a while in a origin no6 jersey.

Roy

Juniors
what about

7.Gower
6.Head

I no head is injured but he looked great in the games he has had this year, i think anasta at 13, that will give them more options.

Although wouldnt be suprised if joey is sent an sos.

phonetic

Juniors
Kelly Patrol said:
Wigan will continue to flirt with relegation by signing sh*t like Barnet.

Barnet?

There's a risk to putting Wing in there, I think it's a bigger risk putting a fella like Dykes in there. To me he is just not origin standard.

Mat Head! He has looked sensational, but he's having enough trouble just getting through a club game.. let alone origin!

grouch

First Grade
Kelly Patrol said:
Wigan will continue to flirt with relegation by signing sh*t like Barnet.
I agree, Richie Barnett is well past it and hasn't been setting the world on fire at his current club. London, I believe.

SOULS 04

Juniors
the round 1 drop over the line against the raiders in 03 i believe is my favorite barrett moment.

Sharkie™

Juniors
Timmah said:
Demise of St George?

St George in first grade met their demise in 1998.

Cronulla's began, however, in 1967.

mate u wouldnt know a football if it hit u in the head.