What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Week Boredom Breaker: Name that Eel

emjaycee

Coach
OK, bored with no games this week except Origin so here is a game...
You have to name the Eel in the following picture. First one to get it correct, gets to load a pic for the rest of us to guess. Bonus point if you can name the position they played.

1624512136800.png

f**k I must be bored.

Gronk

Staff member
Hi all

I was lying in bed the other night, and I got to thinking that it might be an interesting exercise to name our worst Eels team of all time, the players who have shown potential and not made it, or ones that just haven't cut the mustard.

I go back a few more years than most of you, and I will try and keep my team as recent as possible, but here is my side.

Fullback: Glen Couglan - a guy from NZ rugby, who a certain official said would be the next Ken Thornett. He didn't even last the season

Wingers: Lee Odenryn and Michael Erricson - Lee could run, but that was about all. Mick had potential, but didn't show it IMO.

Centres: Robert Muchmore and Paul Carige - Enough said about these blokes I reckon.

Five eight - Brett Scott - A ball hog

Half back - Ben Kusto - See centres

Lock: Daniel Wagon - Over rated IMO and doesn't pass the ball.

2nd rowers: Chris Phelan and Lew Platz - These blokes were from QLd and rep players, but they did nothing for me.

Props: Rod Slater and Jim Stafford - These two guys could have been stars if not for injuries. Slater was a goal kicker and could have been a good player, and Stafford was from Brothers in Brisbane who kept tearing his arcilles.

Hooker: I would have to go for a bloke called Ernie Garland here, who played for Easts and Wests before he came to us. Honourable mention to Kevin Webb, who I believe is Stuart Webb's father.

Reserves: Mark Laurie, Michael Pattison, David Woods and Greg Drake.

Well, there is my team, over to you guys. I will be interested to hear your names.

I cheated, so I will say that he featured in the 2006 thread - The Worst Parra Team of All Time. 🤣

Ping @The Eel

lingard

Coach
Beau Scott? Five-eight. Jack Gibson really rated him when he (Jack) first came to the club. Said he was one of the most naturally talented players he'd seen. I think he had a serious injury at some point. Never took off.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Beau Scott? Five-eight. Jack Gibson really rated him when he (Jack) first came to the club. Said he was one of the most naturally talented players he'd seen. I think he had a serious injury at some point. Never took off.
*Brett

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
One for MJCs favourite all time Eels Fullback. Lol.

Attachments

• t_1981 ardmona card (323).jpg
    t_1981 ardmona card (323).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 4

Gazzamatta

Coach
Too easy Gazza. I had him as a Student Teacher when he was in College.
And he only played Fullback in the Tigers junior teams.
CCE. A good mate of my cousin who attended college with him. I think Mark Levy was another in that group. Levy was a genuine fullback. Not sure he'd go the distance now days.