What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byron Fruen

Liam

Juniors
Can someone please explain the hype around this kid to me? Whenever I've seen him play he doesn't look good enough to make any position his own, too slow for centre, not a good enough defender for second row/lock and a terrible passing game for a hooker.

roopy

Referee
He does some very powerful runs and loves to score a try.

In the trials earlier this year he had a game or two at winger, and i reckon if he had a bit more speed it would be his spot.

His other great thing is dummy half running, and if he could add a decent passing game he would be a good impact player at hooker.

macavity

Referee
He does some very powerful runs and loves to score a try.

In the trials earlier this year he had a game or two at winger, and i reckon if he had a bit more speed it would be his spot.

His other great thing is dummy half running, and if he could add a decent passing game he would be a good impact player at hooker.

sounds like he would make a decent union player - no 9 maybe?

Karmawave

Bench
Can someone please explain the hype around this kid to me?

No hype around him at all.

He is average.

Main problem is he's a ball hog like many of his team mates - which is understandable really. When they are coached as individuals, you expect them to play like one.

That team would have nearly bombed more tries this year than they have scored. Simply from a player taking the ball and going himself while ignoring open outside support, and this lad is one of the best at it.

Last edited:

Karmawave

Bench
Go to the NYC forum and there's plenty of people talking him up as a future first grader.

Realistically, how many games have fans of other teams actually seen him play?

If there's hype, its severely misguided, or obviously based on 1 or 2 decent games he may have put on for television broadcast, because anyone who goes to watch this NYC team regularly can see he isn't very good as you've already stated yourself Liam.

roopy

Referee
Go to the NYC forum and there's plenty of people talking him up as a future first grader.
They are deluded.
It would be fair to say that he has done the training and is as strong and fit as a firstgrader - now if he could overcome the whole being small and having no obvious skills other than strength thing, he would be there.

Last edited:

Spike

First Grade
Jack of all trades, master of none. I can't see him forging any long-term NRL career if any

bluesrok

Juniors
Can someone please explain the hype around this kid to me? Whenever I've seen him play he doesn't look good enough to make any position his own, too slow for centre, not a good enough defender for second row/lock and a terrible passing game for a hooker.

Far out.how come you wanna pick on one player....theres a whole team of players...i think he gives it his all and is probably one of a few that is consistent week in and week out..are yous fans or are you fans of other clubs..theyve done really well as a team with a new coach..they were close to the bottom but are fighting back..get in behind them and just support them instead of picking....I say Go Hard Byron.....You must be doing alright mate cause out of a whole squad.you have your own thread on here..lol:oops:

Hanscholo

Bench
They are deluded.
It would be fair to say that he has done the training and is as strong and fit as a firstgrader - now if he could overcome the whole being small and having no obvious skills other than strength thing, he would be there.

If that worked we would all be playing first grade.

roopy

Referee
If that worked we would all be playing first grade.
Some guys make it on pure hard work - John Morris, Terrence Seu Seu, James McManus - those sort of guys.
If Byron does make it he will have worked twice as hard as others and will fully deserve it.

Latest posts