What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CA Cultural Review

Bazal

Post Whore
seriously ? that's primary school stuff

It's f**king village.

The fact that he had such a ridiculous system in place, but also, 30 a pass? This is international cricket ffs...I would accept that in park cricket, but these blokes should be aiming far higher surely

TheParraboy

Staff member
Crash Craddock on Fox Sports News just said that "High Performance Manager" Pat Howard was in the habit of giving players pass or fail marks for their performances, and that for batsmen scoring a 30 earned them a pass mark....

What the f**k?

Howard has been the single biggest mistake on Australian cricket , since ChappellG underarm instruction to brother Trev

Im glad in the review they outed him saying he should have done a bit more for the "spirit of the game" rather than focus on results

Wish he would piss off now rather than wait till his tenor expires next year. as far as circket goes he was a useless uneducated turd, any one of us on here would have done a better job

Bazal

Post Whore
Henry Lawson has just given it to Howard deluxe, on Fox News "he should be next to go"

Yeah I saw that earlier too. Did not have a good word to say about Howard and really went to town on the fact that he's a rugby man not a cricket one.

Also went to town on the board for unanimously re-appointing a chairman who was on the nose with the states.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Crash Craddock on Fox Sports News just said that "High Performance Manager" Pat Howard was in the habit of giving players pass or fail marks for their performances, and that for batsmen scoring a 30 earned them a pass mark....

What the f**k?
There is nothing worse than getting to 30 and getting out, it's wasting good form and wasting a start which should be criminal.. Absolutely laughable, shows how little he knows about the game and was always the wrong choice.

Was talking to someone the other day fairly well connected to Australian Rugby, and a well known former coach told him that Howard was the most selfish player to ever pull on a Wallabies jersey.

This was when he landed the High Performance job and they both agreed it would end in tears.

Bazal

Post Whore
There is nothing worse than getting to 30 and getting out, it's wasting good form and wasting a start which should be criminal.. Absolutely laughable, shows how little he knows about the game and was always the wrong choice.

Was talking to someone the other day fairly well connected to Australian Rugby, and a well known former coach told him that Howard was the most selfish player to ever pull on a Wallabies jersey.

This was when he landed the High Performance job and they both agreed it would end in tears.

I can't remember what I was watching or listening to. Might have been the Grade Cricketer?

Anyway someone said that the best thing they could say about Pat Howard was to bring up a bomb he refused to take in a rugby match (maybe a Test?) because he was scared of getting smashed by the chasers.

Says a lot.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bob Simpson would be rolling in his grave if he was dead of course reading that.

I remember reading in Waughs diary when we finally beat the Windies how Simpson gave him some stick at not converting good starts into 100's He told him he was wasting form which is criminal.

He got a couple of 50's and some other good starts but didn't kick on and score a big one, well next test he got a double.

Now we have a clown giving out gold stars for 30's lol.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I can't remember what I was watching or listening to. Might have been the Grade Cricketer?

Anyway someone said that the best thing they could say about Pat Howard was to bring up a bomb he refused to take in a rugby match (maybe a Test?) because he was scared of getting smashed by the chasers.

Says a lot.
Well he wasn't well liked by the Rugby community, surely if was as great as he is perceived he could of landed a job in the RU set up somewhere??

Timbo

Staff member
30 is worse than getting 5. At least with 5 you can say you’re eye wasn’t in and your feet weren’t moving. Once you get to 50, it should be a pass mark.

It’s a bit like how most international batsmen average above 70 in innings where they pass 15.

30 as a pass makes me think of blokes like Marcus North and Ed Cowan. That’s the problem right there.

Bazal

Post Whore
https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics..._pact_after_damning_ethics_centre_review.html

The pact reads:
"We recognise how lucky we are to play this great game.
We respect the game and its traditions. We want to make all Australians proud.
Compete with us.
Smile with us.
Fight on with us.
Dream with us."

This has been getting a hammering on social media...

The wording is pretty lesbian, especially the last four lines which are wanky as balls... but I don't mind the intent. I think a few professional athletes start to feel like the game owes them (let's call our exemplar Wavid Darner) so I'm all for them taking a step back and respecting the game more

TheParraboy

Staff member

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think Sutherland and that tool Howard leaving will be enormous

Like Gilly said the other day, they need to take their time and get it right this time around.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This has been getting a hammering on social media...

The wording is pretty lesbian, especially the last four lines which are wanky as balls... but I don't mind the intent. I think a few professional athletes start to feel like the game owes them (let's call our exemplar Wavid Darner) so I'm all for them taking a step back and respecting the game more
Yeah I don't mind it

Latest posts