What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabra 2008 JBC

D

Deleted member 10972

For you JBC watchers, the Roosters have picked up Don Thompson, Luke Branighan & Luke Millwood. Can anyone tell me the age/position/skill of these blokes?

Nfed

Juniors
The Mack said:
For you JBC watchers, the Roosters have picked up Don Thompson, Luke Branighan & Luke Millwood. Can anyone tell me the age/position/skill of these blokes?

Don Thompson (Cabramatta), age 21, fullback, often seems to be untouchable when he runs the ball, needs to work on defence.

Luke Branighan (Cabramatta), age about 27, five eighth, played NRL for St George and Cronulla, repped for Qld Residents in 2006 while playing for Brisbane Easts and had a couple season with BRET in NSW Premier League.

Luke Millwood (Sydney Bulls), age 21, tiny halfback, Played a few games in the Qld Cup for both Brisbane Norths and Burleigh as a teenager and also played for Qld U/19 in 2005. Came down to Newtown 6 weeks into the 2006 season and was the victim of a shocking off the ball incident at the end of the season. Suffered 2 more jaw injuries this season, missing 12 games on the second occasion. Does a lot of chip kicking. Can pay off or look silly

Cabra2Blues

Juniors
Nfed said:
Don Thompson (Cabramatta), age 21, fullback, often seems to be untouchable when he runs the ball, needs to work on defence.

Luke Branighan (Cabramatta), age about 27, five eighth, played NRL for St George and Cronulla, repped for Qld Residents in 2006 while playing for Brisbane Easts and had a couple season with BRET in NSW Premier League.
Don can play hooker as well ,and did so in quite a few games this year, he's very exciting with ball in hand.

Nfed

Juniors
Cabra2Blues said:
Yates and Jones are definately gone, the others are not so clear cut, Don Thompson has been picked up by the roosters also

Do you know if Yates and Jones have been picked up by other clubs yet?

D

Deleted member 10972

Cabra2Blues said:
Don can play hooker as well ,and did so in quite a few games this year, he's very exciting with ball in hand.

Do you think he will play well for Jets? Willie Brown was a dud.

2BLUES

Juniors
News is, the League players decide whether Beauy gets to remain as coach for 2008. There is a meeting by the boys today or sometime this week, not confirmed yet.

And yes alot of the boys were unhappy this year. You could say Adam was well depended on the coach.

I feel that if Beauy remains, that alot of players will leave. The coach lost his team when he put all his priorities in the wrong area.

Cabra2Blues

Juniors
2BLUES said:
News is, the League players decide whether Beauy gets to remain as coach for 2008. There is a meeting by the boys today or sometime this week, not confirmed yet.

And yes alot of the boys were unhappy this year. You could say Adam was well depended on the coach.

I feel that if Beauy remains, that alot of players will leave. The coach lost his team when he put all his priorities in the wrong area.
this is very disapointing ,but one could sence things wern't right at the back end of the season ,I personaly hope we keep the players ....

2BLUES

Juniors
The board meeting with the players was held lastnight. I hear alot was discussed, debated and argued about it. Definitely alot of unhappy players during this 2007 years season.

I dont know the result of all this but it could mean a new Coach all together. A Big Name perhaps.

Cabra2Blues

Juniors
2BLUES said:
The board meeting with the players was held lastnight. I hear alot was discussed, debated and argued about it. Definitely alot of unhappy players during this 2007 years season.

I dont know the result of all this but it could mean a new Coach all together. A Big Name perhaps.
I'll be popping in to the club to night ,I'll see if theres any whispers ,although eddie flahey mentioned that there would be a new coach for 08 as far back as mad monday

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
Cabra2Blues said:
I'll be popping in to the club to night ,I'll see if theres any whispers ,although eddie flahey mentioned that there would be a new coach for 08 as far back as mad monday

i know the board has taken a few applications for the job over the past week, so yes i would say there will be a new coach for sure next year.

Cabra2Blues

Juniors
one_eyed_demon said:
i know the board has taken a few applications for the job over the past week, so yes i would say there will be a new coach for sure next year.
do you know which names have gone into the hat ?

coachz

Juniors
2008 coach is len stacker. an old parramatta player im told. strange decision made from the board, not sure about this blokes experience or what he will bring to cabramatta

2BLUES

Juniors
Cabra2Blues said:

I think there should be a new coach for 2008. With all these dramas surrounding the players and the people of the club is not good for them all.
However Beauy has done a tremendous job in the past which he should be commended on.

However things had changed during this season where the boys were becoming unhappy.
The boys were banned from having a few cold drinks after a game. Some felt they were carelessly treated or not given a fair go. Some felt the coach had changed and that all his attention was focused on Tippett. The younger players who were outstanding in their previous years and grades felt they learnt nothing and more humiliated than anything.
Bare in mind, supporters saw a lot and sensed a lot of issues and conflict rising and you cant hide that fact.

Cabra2Blues

Juniors
so with len stacker the new coach , will the players that were going to walk ,be staying? ,the board looks pretty competent in my opinion , some of the new faces are very positive changes lets hope cabra can go forward in 08

coachz

Juniors
i think players are still going to leave because they have signed elsewhere already because of the turmoil. picking a new coach from left field was a strange choice from the board. i wonder how that will sit with the players. i think most were rooting for eddie flahey

Latest posts