What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cam Smith

Stranger

Coach
Rotating the hookers worked well when Craig Wing was at his best and he brought a genuine change of pace to the game by offering a different style to that of Danny Buderus.

Now it seems they're using a hooker rotation at rep level just for the sake of it.
Very good point IMO.
Get rid of Berrigan, Get rid of Hornby, Leave Smith on for 80 and bring back Thurston.

Noa

First Grade
The thing with Cam and his style of play is that if he's your hooker then he needs to be a focal point of your attack otherwise he can look pedestrian at time's.

PS. And I almost forgot....Ricky Stuart SUCKS. Bad luck Cronulla.

Red Bear

Referee
Thuston is over rated. Buderus is a far better player at the rep levels, he's been good over a long time as opposed to cam smiths 1 year.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Stranger said:
Very good point IMO.
Get rid of Berrigan, Get rid of Hornby, Leave Smith on for 80 and bring back Thurston.

F*cking amen to that.

Hornby + Berrigan = Nuffy convention.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I don't think there's a great deal of a problem between Smith and Stuart.

Craig Bellamy is the aisstant coach isn't he ?

He was surein the Australian change room at half time, you couldn't plug leaks along those lines if there were Melbourne staff close to the Australian change room.

Stranger

Coach
Yeah, Bellamy sure looked to be the one barking orders during half time. He would have a say in what to do with Smith IMO.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Kurt Angle said:
I don't think there's a great deal of a problem between Smith and Stuart.

Craig Bellamy is the aisstant coach isn't he ?

He was surein the Australian change room at half time, you couldn't plug leaks along those lines if there were Melbourne staff close to the Australian change room.
I thought the body language at half time during the last test said a lot actually.

Ricky addressing the troops and Bellamy looking at his feet.

Ricky's use of Cam is very wrong IMO.

Agreed with the nuffy statement.

Ricky has me very concerned as a Shark.

Nightward

Juniors

Dunno. I hear this stuff via someone else, but it's yet to be proven wrong. They were on the money with all of the "shock" Origin selections this year, and given the way Ricky's treated Cameron Smith (and the rest of the Queensland contingent) it really wouldn't surprise me.

TBH, I think it's geared so that he can point fingers at the players he personally dislikes as "failing the team and the game plan" and then get rid of them next year. A lot of players who deserved to be there on form were ignored, whilst others had to produce blinding games to get in. And then we have the likes of Lyon getting a walk-on start...

Parra Guru

Coach
Cam Smith has been very quiet, but look at the start that Hindmarsh had to rep footy. They're the kind of guys you just can't leave out.

I would like to see him kicking from dummy half a bit more often.