What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron 'but he's a good bloke' Smith

Vic Mackey

Referee
To be fair, he qa absolutely correct though.

It was one of the worst penalties ive ever seen...that along with the 3 strip calls on George burgess when he clearly lost all of them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Smith needed to remind the ref what game we are playing, seriously what are they trying to do to our game that used to be proudly claimed the toughest in the world?

Meth

Staff member
I'm actually behind Smith on that one. The penalty was so ridiculous that it couldn't go without a spray.

LESStar58

Referee
To be fair, he qa absolutely correct though.

It was one of the worst penalties ive ever seen...that along with the 3 strip calls on George burgess when he clearly lost all of them.

And ruling a line drop out when Burgess lost the ball in the tackle in the second half only to have It over turned on review. Sutton was farcical last night. Diabolical referreing!

no name

Coach
While I agree it was a dud decision, just because the ref is wrong doesn't give Smith the right to carry on like he did. What happened to the no talking to refs after a penalty, the ref should have called play on and let Souths run at him while he was offside. His ploy worked in giving his team a breather and getting in the refs head.
Refs absolutely butcher heaps of shit in every game, he should be used to it.
Total lack of respect, and he won't give refs any until they either bin him or allow play to go on while he carries on.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Glad he gave them a spray. The refs have been balls all year, and that really stood out last night. Would be good to see more captains get in their ear when they make howlers.

no name

Coach
Glad he gave them a spray. The refs have been balls all year, and that really stood out last night. Would be good to see more captains get in their ear when they make howlers.

Go watch soccer if you want to see players badgering refs.
They f**k up all the time, players pestering them won't change the decision.

papabear

Juniors
You can't attack the legs of a bloke kicking the ball, the Melbourne bloke clearly did.

If I was the ref I would have binned smith for carrying on and slowing the game down on purpose to help ur defence as arofessional foul.

Just because it's league doesn't mean illegal shit shouldn't be penalised.

papabear

Juniors
He couldn't have tackled him around the chest but no he just ran at the leg being an illegal thing to do.

This disappearing shit, same with illegal obstruction plays is an argument for idiots who haven't played footy before.

lazza

Juniors
He couldn't have tackled him around the chest but no he just ran at the leg being an illegal thing to do.

This disappearing shit, same with illegal obstruction plays is an argument for idiots who haven't played footy before.

I agree, there was a crackdown to protect kickers a few years ago, now ite claimed to be a tough sport.

They should just use NFL rules, can't touch kicker after ball is kicked, then it comes down to timing.

LESStar58

Referee
Just went and re watched the incident.

Sutton calls time out becasue Reynolds was injured and doesn't call time back on until after Smith approcahes him. Isnt time out for injury designated time to approach along with after a try,:issuing a caution.