What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

FlameThrower

Bench
He also stated that he wanted to stay in Sydney...yet another minus against being a Wollongong based club. In any case, I tend agree with most folk here, cut him off now and be done with it. His blind faith in Mary was foolish and to carry on like he lost a family member was a bit much.
On another related matter, only last week Elliot was quoted that he had no idea about any speculation about Cams future....I found that hard to believe.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth with respect, he was on the cusp on eternal legendary sgi status.

To stand amongst your ex players for whom the whistle never blows full time.

He knows not what he does.

And for a few pieces of silver and without giving Hook a full season.

The sgi lads at work can’t believe it.

It’s bad news. Club immortal status vanquished.

Mate , with respect- you are a Tigers supporter and I am quite sure that you would bleed for your beloved team - make no mistake my friend and so would I .

He had his mind elsewhere before Griffin even came to the Dragons , that we now know for a fact . His new club did not just appear out of nowhere in the last week , no apparently they have been whispering in his ear for quite some time .

But regardless of just when it was the point is that he had no idea that Griffin was to be the new coach and his agent had already made discreet inquiries on Cam’s behalf as to who may be interested - he was certainly not disappointed in that regard with the Tigers , Sharks and who knows how many other clubs giving a thumbs up to a potential deal .

The Dragons have him for another season and as said in my previous post the man will continue to give his all to the Big Red V and that’s good enough for me .

possm

Coach
Mate , with respect- you are a Tigers supporter and I am quite sure that you would bleed for your beloved team - make no mistake my friend and so would I .

He had his mind elsewhere before Griffin even came to the Dragons , that we now know for a fact . His new club did not just appear out of nowhere in the last week , no apparently they have been whispering in his ear for quite some time .

But regardless of just when it was the point is that he had no idea that Griffin was to be the new coach and his agent had already made discreet inquiries on Cam’s behalf as to who may be interested - he was certainly not disappointed in that regard with the Tigers , Sharks and who knows how many other clubs giving a thumbs up to a potential deal .

The Dragons have him for another season and as said in my previous post the man will continue to give his all to the Big Red V and that’s good enough for me .
I'm sorry to say that I don't feel any pain at all. I was really gutted when the Eels signed our then hooker and captain, Steve Edge. I say trade him with a Sharks player that is worth about the same dollars ASAP.

mickeylane

Bench
Mciness has been a warrior but not worth $600K. a year...so good luck at the Sharks.......look like Mcculloch will be fast-tracked now for this week and Folau will probably happen w NRLs blessing...either way the Dragons starting to make some statements and intent here on their direction....youth and a touch of experienced signings (McCulloch, Bird, Folau?) will be the final mix
PS. In saying all this I would sign Brailey from the Sharks in a heartbeat...young gun he is!!

Dragsters

First Grade
Can anyone find Cams comments about Hook please ?

So far all I have found is Handley's rant about what Cam "supposedly" said.

Now that he is gone, I hope these comments are cleared up / verified.

In the minority it appears but i think he is a big loss.

He's a massive loss Tru, but it was his choice, comments or not, he decided he wanted out.

We need to move on asap...

Yes, I am just visiting, no proper rights or standing, no skin in the game. I speak from the back of the crowd. I accept that.

But correct me, but back in the times of the Gus review and the finding of a lack of DNA, a few of the lads said that even if they didn’t like the review, the DNA issue was true.

So Cam has the chance to create some of the stuff of the Gods (dna) and instead he listens to whatever monkey is in his ear. Signed for beer money too.

I just want to know why the club wasn’t good enough for him.

One thing I’ve learnt about your club is that underneath it is a proud club. You guys have an emotional engagement. People drape the colours over their coffins. Some of your culture, it’s sacred.
You can’t speak Ill of Stoney for example. That’s out of bounds and that’s a shared belief you guys subscribe to.

And cam is carrying on like a dickhead.

I just won’t wear it mate.

He’s gone missing. Just my view. People can disagree all fine.

All that said, I feel bound to give a lot of weight to your opinion and pleased to do so!

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
I smell a Flanagan / Mary reunion in the coaching ranks at shark headquarters in 2022

Similar to Price going over to help Flanigan Mary will do the same :thinking:
Mary’s last departing gift
Steal Cam from under our noses :broken_heart: