What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

goldiesaintz

Juniors
I smell a Flanagan / Mary reunion in the coaching ranks at shark headquarters in 2022

Similar to Price going over to help Flanigan Mary will do the same :thinking:
Mary’s last departing gift
Steal Cam from under our noses :broken_heart:

I thinking the same.
McInnes has gone there for a reason.
Surely the odds of McGregor showing up at Shark Central in 2022 or sooner have shortened.

Gareth67

First Grade
Mciness has been a warrior but not worth $600K. a year...so good luck at the Sharks.......look like Mcculloch will be fast-tracked now for this week and Folau will probably happen w NRLs blessing...either way the Dragons starting to make some statements and intent here on their direction....youth and a touch of experienced signings (McCulloch, Bird, Folau?) will be the final mix
PS. In saying all this I would sign Brailey from the Sharks in a heartbeat...young gun he is!!

Agree about Brailey micky , always had a high opinion of him , a very busy player and seems to be at his ease during the game .

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes, I am just visiting, no proper rights or standing, no skin in the game. I speak from the back of the crowd. I accept that.

But correct me, but back in the times of the Gus review and the finding of a lack of DNA, a few of the lads said that even if they didn’t like the review, the DNA issue was true.

So Cam has the chance to create some of the stuff of the Gods (dna) and instead he listens to whatever monkey is in his ear. Signed for beer money too.

I just want to know why the club wasn’t good enough for him.

One thing I’ve learnt about your club is that underneath it is a proud club. You guys have an emotional engagement. People drape the colours over their coffins. Some of your culture, it’s sacred.
You can’t speak Ill of Stoney for example. That’s out of bounds and that’s a shared belief you guys subscribe to.

And cam is carrying on like a dickhead.

I just won’t wear it mate.

He’s gone missing. Just my view. People can disagree all fine.

All that said, I feel bound to give a lot of weight to your opinion and pleased to do so!

All good Silverdale , I was attempting to make the point that you are a true Tigers
supporter as I am a Dragon and I can also feel his lost as do other members .

Your opinions are always worth reading and well regarded .

Tiger Shark

Bench
I thinking the same.
McInnes has gone there for a reason.
Surely the odds of McGregor showing up at Shark Central in 2022 or sooner have shortened.

Maybe as an AC but zero chance as HC

If we don't extend Bomber (which I think we'll do) then maybe Flanno or even Fitzgibbon.

Given he's obviously left partly due to the coaching situation I doubt he's signed with a club not knowing who the coach is. If he has signed not knowing that says a lot.

All good Silverdale , I was attempting to make the point that you are a true Tigers
supporter as I am a Dragon and I can also feel his lost as do other members .

Your opinions are always worth reading and well regarded .

Thanks.

The young bloke at work who played sgi juniors with Duffy and Hosty, he made four points.

1. Club should have done a lot more.
2. Cam was too early to judge Hook. A full season is required to know a coach.
3. Going to the Sharks in particular was “ disloyal” and
4. Agreed with me, the deal was lousy.

As you recall, he was the one citing underlying unhappiness in the junior ranks under Mary due to consistent failures.

He said the junior players would want Cam to go now because he won’t put the same effort in and because it helps their own chances.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Mciness has been a warrior but not worth $600K. a year...so good luck at the Sharks.......look like Mcculloch will be fast-tracked now for this week and Folau will probably happen w NRLs blessing...either way the Dragons starting to make some statements and intent here on their direction....youth and a touch of experienced signings (McCulloch, Bird, Folau?) will be the final mix
PS. In saying all this I would sign Brailey from the Sharks in a heartbeat...young gun he is!!
With all due respect Mickey you say Cam McInnes is not worth 600k but you’re currently paying Ben Hunt over a mill? Also McCulloch is the slowest hooker in the Comp and the rule changes have left him behind. On Birdy.... I honestly hope he has an injury free run with you guys as he’s your local junior. Big risk considering his past 3 years but the reward is unlimited if he gets his body right. Finally Izzy is a big risk for obvious reasons.... both 10 years out of the NRL and also needs to keep his mouth shut. Once again I hope it works out well as he is an immense talent if he can be kept in check. All the best for the season ahead.

SBD82

Coach
With all due respect Mickey you say Cam McInnes is not worth 600k but you’re currently paying Ben Hunt over a mill? Also McCulloch is the slowest hooker in the Comp and the rule changes have left him behind. On Birdy.... I honestly hope he has an injury free run with you guys as he’s your local junior. Big risk considering his past 3 years but the reward is unlimited if he gets his body right. Finally Izzy is a big risk for obvious reasons.... both 10 years out of the NRL and also needs to keep his mouth shut. Once again I hope it works out well as he is an immense talent if he can be kept in check. All the best for the season ahead.
You sure you’re a sharks fan mate? The respectful and civilised nature of this post is making me awfully skeptical.

Maddragon99

Juniors
To be fair there were some on here that won’t be surprised by this news. I predicted it some time ago.

Cam McInnes weighing up his options for ‘22 & beyond. He’s not an idiot, he knows Hunt is contracted to end ‘23 & with the talented halves coming through it’s going to be difficult for Hunt to keep the 7 jersey.

Analytics will say McInnes’s $500K could be better spent blustering our forward pack.
This is purely an analytic driven decision his money can be better spent elsewhere, Hunt to 9 then Sullivan & either Clune or Amone to take over the halves from 2022.

For mine McInnes has been a fabulous player, whole hearted clubman, he’s just another victim of the ridiculous Hunt contract.

slippery5

Juniors
I find it curiously amusing that 1 random 'whisper' and Cam is leaving again.

Yes, he hasn't committed to us as yet, but retrospectively he hasn't signed anywhere else also. My take is Cam is getting familiar with new coaches and systems before any decision.

Several teams carry 3 (or more) hookers in their squads. Add to this that the new 'rule' allowing players outside the top 30 (from rd 11 which is SOO time) to play. If we signed Peats (for example) to a reserve grade contract, would at least add some experience behind BB if something were to happen to him. And we are talking maybe 2 or 3 games only here.

I also find it interesting that we havent advertised our JF or CC squads as yet whilst many other teams have.
I hope you're amused....

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Definitely agree about Macca, word on the street is we are after Brailey as he’s not happy with the McInnes signing.

slippery5

Juniors
Not one player eh? Does Tyson Frizzell ring any bells for you? He had jumped ship long before McDud got the flick.

Funniest Post of the year (so far).
Does anyone remember our last captain to jump ship before his contract was up under McNOIDEA.