What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith of the Storm is a "bag snatcher"!

sharko

Juniors
I always thought Smith was a fine hooker, probably the form hooker in the comp but I have always suspected him of being quite a dirty player also..and in last nites Origin 2 match he comfirmed it.
TV footage I saw showed him quite clearly involved in a two man tackle on a Blues forward in the later part of the first half..Smith then quite clearly proceeded to stretch down over the lower back of the Blues forward and grab a handful..a clear cut case of bag snatching and he should be condemned for it.
I will watch a replay of the game tonite and ascertain at what minute it was in the game for clarity.
He is a wonderful player Smith but that sort of conduct is unbecoming and like that Titans homo merely raises suspicion about a player.
The Blues forward chose not to react but was entitled to strike Smith in my opinion!

cyberdj

Juniors
unfortunately it did look that way.

I only hope that he was trying to either lift the leg or reach through Lyons legs to put a hand on the pill, as a delaying tactic.

Having said that, it appears that he is guilty until proven innocent on this forum as opposed to how it's supposed to to work.

Bomber

Bench
Danny Buderus more persistently dirty all night.

I used to have a high opinion of him but clearly he is not half the player without the golden child to pass the ball to.

The Preacher

First Grade
Bomber said:
Danny Buderus more persistently dirty all night.

I used to have a high opinion of him but clearly he is not half the player without the golden child to pass the ball to.

Unfortunately, I think you're on the mark there Bomber.

What odds Robbie Farah to hook in SOO 3 ??

Dutchy

Immortal
It was against lyon...

See Lowe - you get up, look at the ref, rub your testes and get on with the game!

Are players stood down from their clubs in game 3 if it is a dead rubber ??
Never used to be ...
I would much rather Farah at the Tigers than helping the wasters in the NSW team win a game

Ryan

Juniors
I also noted that when the ball was fed into the scrum by Kimmorley, nowhere NEAR the middle of the ruck, Smith lashed out with a boot and kicked Buderus. Buderus didn't look happy.

Smith must be hanging out with his old team mate Danny Williams and getting some pointers.

cyberdj

Juniors
Ryan said:
I also noted that when the ball was fed into the scrum by Kimmorley, nowhere NEAR the middle of the ruck, Smith lashed out with a boot and kicked Buderus. Buderus didn't look happy.

Smith must be hanging out with his old team mate Danny Williams and getting some pointers.

And I'm sure I saw Buderus punch a baby and spit on a female in the same scrum!

But seriously, I have noted a lot of niggle in Buderus's two origin games this year. And have seen very little from Smith, except the possible bag snatch.

I wouldn't mind knowing why people think Smith is dirty (apart from the possible bagsnatch). How many times has he been suspended for doing a 'dirty' act ont he field? I'm sure people will mention grapple tackles, but they weren't illegal for a while there from my understanding.. is it the slowing of the play of the ball? Also not illegal, unless the ref blows the whistle and calls it a penalty, in fact the benefits to the team far outplay the possible occassional penalty.

sharko

Juniors
Dutchy said:
It was against lyon...

See Lowe - you get up, look at the ref, rub your testes and get on with the game!

I only saw a fat bastard in a Blue jersey and assumed it was a forward..as it was Lyon then I am not surprised there was no reaction as Lyon appeared to not react to anything last night!

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
ok firstly, i read the title and thought Jerry Seinfeld, lol.

secondly, even if the greatest player in the current game (yes, i rate him above thurston, always have) was dirty, he grabbed the balls of filth. Did humanity a favour.

stuke

Bench
sharko said:
I only saw a fat bastard in a Blue jersey and assumed it was a forward..as it was Lyon then I am not surprised there was no reaction as Lyon appeared to not react to anything last night!

maybe there was nothing there to hold on to. ;-)

Mr. Fahrenheit said:
ok firstly, i read the title and thought Jerry Seinfeld, lol.

secondly, even if the greatest player in the current game (yes, i rate him above thurston, always have) was dirty, he grabbed the balls of filth. Did humanity a favour.

that cave was empty

LESStar58

Referee
Ryan said:

Buderus is a bloody sook and is known for lashing out when aggravated in some way.

Last year Dallas Johnson kicked him (not that I condone that sort of thing), Buderus retaliated and was penalised.

it's primary school stuff. Don't retaliate and the bullies will stop.

Someone get Buderus a box of tissues.

Latest posts