What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Have I once said Smiths tackle was not bad?

Is it wrong to expect the same scrutiny on every team?
Mate the Smith tackle was the worst i have seen this year, it wasn't even a grapple is was worse. He looked like he was trying to screw his head off. We all know the grapple should have been outlawed ages ago but the piss weak NRL has let it go on for years.

What about Whites tackle on Cayless last year???? didn't even get looked at, Cayless has been a shadow of himself all year. Hopefully by Smith being suspended it will be a first step of outlawing this crap from our game.

Evolution

Juniors
Mate the Smith tackle was the worst i have seen this year, it wasn't even a grapple is was worse. He looked like he was trying to screw his head off. We all know the grapple should have been outlawed ages ago but the piss weak NRL has let it go on for years.

What about Whites tackle on Cayless last year???? didn't even get looked at, Cayless has been a shadow of himself all year. Hopefully by Smith being suspended it will be a first step of outlawing this crap from our game.

The Cronk tackle was worse. He is trying to break his wind pipe with his body weight put onto the point of his elbow. What is that designed to do? Give him a deep muscle massage?

I bet his broken muscle left deep trauma on him that stripped him of his ability to play. Why don't we blame the tackle on global warming while we are at it.

Last edited:

drake

First Grade
You applaud grapples being used on your own players?

Good on you for being a progressive thinker.
My bad, I just saw the Melbourne player in the first photo, and my knee jerked in reaction. Very silly of me. The red rag never registers as a Saints jersey to me.

Apologies.

I expect to never hear you complain about it happening to one of your players again.

Expectation is the mother of disappointment.

camsmith

Juniors
Have I once said Smiths tackle was not bad?

Is it wrong to expect the same scrutiny on every team?

And once again I will say the tackle below is worse than the Smith one yet did not even raise an eye brow at the time or even now.

That point doesn't seem to be getting through does it?

Most Storm supporters would be fine with Smith getting weeks IF the precedent had been set. Yet week after week in the regular season we saw "grapple" tackles go by ignored. Now finals times the NRL decides to do something?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Cronk tackle was worse. He is trying to break his wind pipe with his body weight put onto the point of his elbow. What is that designed to do? Give him a deep muscle massage?

I bet his broken muscle left deep trauma on him that stripped him of his ability to play. Why don't we blame the tackle on global warming while we are at it.
FFS whinge whinge whinge, i just said grapples should be banned. If it take's a high profile player like Smith to get rid of the grapple so be it.

Meth

Staff member
SUSPENDED for Sunday's NRL grand final, Melbourne Storm skipper Cameron Smith says he feels like a scapegoat.

Smith will miss Melbourne's rematch with Manly in Sydney after he was banned for two weeks for a grapple tackle.

Talking at a Storm fan day which attracted about 1000 people, Smith said he accepted the two-week suspension but wanted to know why his tackle on Brisbane's Sam Thaiday in the preliminary final was singled out.

When asked if he felt he had been made a scapegoat, Smith said he did.

"The most disappointing thing for me was that I was charged for a tackle that I believe, and the club believes, has happened prior to my offence and nothing happened to it," Smith said.

"In saying that, I'm happy to cop the two weeks.

"It's in the rules that it's illegal, but we just want some clarification there as to why there was nothing else done about it before that.

I accept that my hand was in the wrong place but there had been tackles two weeks leading up to that game that were quite similar to that and nothing was done about it."

Smith said his suspension made a statement, but he hoped it was not intentional because of his status as club captain and Test hooker.

"It probably has. Suspending the captain of an NRL side and taking myself out of a grand final but I'd like to think that there shouldn't be any extra pressure on making a decision on myself.

"I'd like to think I'm as equal as any other player in the competition.

"If it's good enough to suspend myself, than why not anyone else."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24425254-5006066,00.html

Interesting

Smith accepts that the offense he committed warranted a suspension- so we can put to rest any question about the legality of the tackle

The question he has is over the consistency of the judiciary- which is fair enough. It remains to be seen whether or not they will be consistent from here on in

Cletus

First Grade
He's got a shocking memory if he thinks that, the reason he got outed for two weeks was because he got suspended in rnd 2. Maybe more players should have been charged for it but players have been charged this year for grapple type tackles.

Latest posts