What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

sass

Juniors
A recent review has proven that the Storm aren't even in the top 3 worst grapples

0,,6174485,00.jpg

omg can people please stop posting this? if anyone actually thinks the referrals to the mrc have been accurate and fair and comprehensive then quite clearly they haven't been watching footy this year.

I agree that other teams grapple, but that table means nothing to me.

t1tan

Juniors
omg can people please stop posting this? if anyone actually thinks the referrals to the mrc have been accurate and fair and comprehensive then quite clearly they haven't been watching footy this year.

I agree that other teams grapple, but that table means nothing to me.
Desperate people using stats to prop up their feeble excuses...

DJShaksta

First Grade
I don't need stats to tell me it was a very ugly tackle that was very dangerous to the well being of Mr.Thaiday, and that it deserved 2 weeks suspension.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wasn't Nathan Hindmarsh one of the first players ever charged with a grapple tackle when he choked Adrian Morley a few seasons ago? He doesn't play for Melbourne so it must have just been a tackle that went wrong. Only Melbourne are coached to use those illegal tactics, right!
But Hindmarsh got off, and Smith got 2 weeks. Suck sh*t Storm :D

Younge

Juniors
But Hindmarsh got off, and Smith got 2 weeks. Suck sh*t Storm :D

Yes - because Adrian Morley is a good bloke and stuck up for him at the hearing.

Enjoy the off-season. I'm sure you're looking forward to another great year under Fitzgerald & Hagan with all those gun recruits coming to the club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yes - because Adrian Morley is a good bloke and stuck up for him at the hearing.

Enjoy the off-season. I'm sure you're looking forward to another great year under Fitzgerald & Hagan with all those gun recruits coming to the club.
Isn't this thread about Cameron Smith??? What the f**k has it got to do with Parra??? Losing an arguement and change the subject just like your trackhead coach. Honestly ask me this do you think Smith deserved to get suspended for that tackle??? If you say no i'll know you are full of sh*t.

camsmith

Juniors
hineyrulz said:
Honestly ask me this do you think Smith deserved to get suspended for that tackle??? If you say no i'll know you are full of sh*t.

I'll answer. No, because he should have got off the round 1 charge that the Storm didn't fight but should have (shouldn't have been charged in the first place given almost all similar tackles that have occurred since them have been ignored by the NRL) therefore he shouldn't be missing any weeks, or one at the most.

Like many Storm supporters are saying, we would have copped the 2 weeks IF previous grapples had also being charged, but since they went by without any punishment, so should Smith. Finals isn't the time to start setting examples, that should occur during the regular season.

t1tan

Juniors
I'll answer. No, because he should have got off the round 1 charge that the Storm didn't fight but should have (shouldn't have been charged in the first place given almost all similar tackles that have occurred since them have been ignored by the NRL) therefore he shouldn't be missing any weeks, or one at the most.
Whether other similar or same tackles were charged or not does not diminish the illegality of Smith's tackle.
Nice sidestep btw.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Like many Storm supporters are saying, we would have copped the 2 weeks IF previous grapples had also being charged, but since they went by without any punishment, so should Smith. Finals isn't the time to start setting examples, that should occur during the regular season.
FFS have another at look at what he did to Thiaday, because someone else might do it doesn't make that tackle any less worse. Thats like saying i might go out and rob a bank because the Post card bandit did it and got away with it for years.........

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Sorry if you don't want to Cop it sweet, but it's done. Again this whole defence about "grapple" this and "grapple that, by who and when etc really has no bearing. What Smith did was attack the head/neck of Thaiday. It's simple.

Please need to stop calling what he did as a "grapple" it was a staight out ugly attack of the guys head/neck and frankly the NRL are weak pussies as he should have got alot longer IMO

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Typical, blame another club for Camerons predicament. Do those pics make Smith tackle any better???????

Evolution

Juniors
Typical, blame another club for Camerons predicament. Do those pics make Smith tackle any better???????

Have I once said Smiths tackle was not bad?

Is it wrong to expect the same scrutiny on every team?

And once again I will say the tackle below is worse than the Smith one yet did not even raise an eye brow at the time or even now.