What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

oval

Juniors
Smith comes across like a real slimy smirking smug prick. If he wasn't a footy player he'd be a used car salesman or some other shifty profession. I felt bad for Thurston, but if the same thing happened to Smith I wouldn't be too upset. He's a good player, no doubt, but I wouldn't want him in my team (Matt Ballin will do just fine).

Ghoulies

Bench
I've always felt Smith's reputation as a thug has been overstated. Beyond a grapple here and there, which a shit load of players have done themselves, and playing for the Storm, he hasn't really done anything too bad.

I'd understand it more if it were a Slater or Thaiday who was copping this kind of hate, but I think this grub reputation he's developed has a lot to do with what oval said. He just has one of those shit eating grins that makes you want to hate him.

Though I of course don't, as he's pretty much a god in QLD at the moment

j0nesy

Bench
He's a niggling sort of player. Knees in the tackle, works the player on the ground, grapples, elbows, facial palms, etc. Damn good footballer really...

I've always felt Smith's reputation as a thug has been overstated. Beyond a grapple here and there, which a shit load of players have done themselves, and playing for the Storm, he hasn't really done anything too bad.
They're hailing him as the grubbiest ever when Glen Stewart was around the neck every second tackle tonight. :lol:

Vic Mackey

Referee
i thought he was the best player on the field by an absolute mile tonight

however yes he is probably in the top 3 grubs in the nrl, always had been. however for some reason like steve price the media has given him this 'golden child' image

bryce gibbs got 5 weeks for a much less knees in the back in 2009, i bet smith gets off scott free.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Words cannot describe how much of a lowlife this prick is. If only that was him in thurstons wheelchair unable to walk again for the rest of his life. And i'm not just talking about the knees, everything about this guy makes me sick. I just wish that it wasn't Soward that was first on the scene after the 8 point try, it needed to be someone who could lay this dog out for the merkin of a person that he is.

Karma will catch up with him, just like it did for that other merkin, Price

Not just the knees cb...its every tackle that he tries to ruin a blokes career. Not to mention the grubby smile, the club he plays for and his multiple contracts that he wont acknowledge or apologise for.

Dog of the highest order.

Fits the pattern of the game, every cheap shot came from Qld.

Refs just let it roll on.

Can't upset the Lockyer show.

Cameron Smith is a phenomenal player for all his faults. Heat of the moment it's easy to have a brain snap and do some fairly grubby things especially for a competitor who is that tough.

OMG...... I've lost count of all the whines in this thread !!

You bunch of f*cken sooks !!

Cry-Baby.gif

Mr Fourex

Bench
BTW ...Cam Smith will be the next Australian skipper

You pea-hearted merkins better get behind him when it counts

deadweight0

Juniors
smith does have some suspect elements to his game but noting this specific incident i think he instantly realised it was a fairly poor decision. there's a myriad of players who are perpetrators in this sort of behaviour and as frustrating as it is it has always been part of the game and probably always will be. it's a high octane sport, what do you expect? all the people wishing injury on smith are f**king clowns (though msot of it is probably in jest).

stewart's head attacks were more surprising. haven't really noted that as a component of his game.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
i thought he was the best player on the field by an absolute mile tonight

however yes he is probably in the top 3 grubs in the nrl, always had been. however for some reason like steve price the media has given him this 'golden child' image

bryce gibbs got 5 weeks for a much less knees in the back in 2009, i bet smith gets off scott free.

He already got off. Joke.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I didn't even criticise him in my post you bogan Learn how to read.

But cave paintings of crying kids is easier for some.

Geez I feel sorry for those around XXXX when Qld lose a series. Monumental sooky dummy spit. The street will flow with tears.

hellteam

First Grade
smith does have some suspect elements to his game but noting this specific incident i think he instantly realised it was a fairly poor decision. there's a myriad of players who are perpetrators in this sort of behaviour and as frustrating as it is it has always been part of the game and probably always will be. it's a high octane sport, what do you expect? all the people wishing injury on smith are f**king clowns (though msot of it is probably in jest).

stewart's head attacks were more surprising. haven't really noted that as a component of his game.

Stewart was looking for a fight all night, he had a few goes at parker especially, who wasn't interested

Nightward

Juniors
I suggest you watch the video; Smith's knees were nowhere near Hayne's head; Hayne milked that penalty and should be inducted into the Academy Awards' hall of fame as the best actor ever. Smith actually did what he could to avoid heavy contact, something even the commentators picked up on.

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors
all the people wishing injury on smith are f**king clowns (though msot of it is probably in jest).

Not in jest, i really hope that grubs like him get career ending injuries and are out of the game for good. Its not like he wouldnt have a very handy superannuation package courtesy of his shady deals with Waldron.

Mr Fourex

Bench
But cave paintings of crying kids is easier for some.

Geez I feel sorry for those around XXXX when Qld lose a series. Monumental sooky dummy spit. The street will flow with tears.

You have NFI.........do you think I've not experienced QLD losing?

Unlike you, I'm above 13yrs of age and I have seen QLD lose a series OR TWO before.

The problem for you is

take Locky away and we slip Cronk in to replace him.

Take Petro away and we slip Hannant in to replace him

Slip a not UNFAIRLY suspended Dave Taylor onto the bench and we're to a certain degree a better looking side than the one that just kicked your arse

Anyhoo.........something to ponder over for the next 12 months. :lol:

Latest posts