What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Melbourne Seriously Be Stopped in 2012?

God-King Dean

Immortal
I tipped them to win it this year & last. And it will be a sad, sad day when they do.

I disagree big time with those saying Storm choked against Warriors. Warriors will close to perfect & I dunno if anyone would have beaten them that night.

Though I did lol @ Smith saying " I dunno what to say... I can't believe we lost. "

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I don't wish injury upon anyone but it's remarkable how well Smith, Cronk and Slater have managed to avoid any serious injury during their careers.

As a Raiders fan I'm pretty envious of that fact.

seaeagle sam

I tipped them to win it this year & last. And it will be a sad, sad day when they do.

I disagree big time with those saying Storm choked against Warriors. Warriors will close to perfect & I dunno if anyone would have beaten them that night.

Though I did lol @ Smith saying " I dunno what to say... I can't believe we lost. "

definitely a season highlight in a season of highlights for me. Smith = :cry:

POPEYE

Coach

Yes. Given the record the Warriors have against the Storm it is not surprising to anyone except Cam that they lost. If it was such a surprise maybe the old adage 'one game at a time' should have been applied. Can't prepare your team for a game against an old protagonist if you don't overcome a new one

Gippsy

Bench
I don't wish injury upon anyone but it's remarkable how well Smith, Cronk and Slater have managed to avoid any serious injury during their careers.

As a Raiders fan I'm pretty envious of that fact.

Yep, that's been a huge factor in success over the years. That and the multiple contracts of course. :p

As others have said, anything can happen. In fact, they could even be a couple of long term injuries away from missing the eight altogether.

Billythekid

First Grade
We have had such an easy run so far. Let's wait until we facesome of the top teams before saying anything like this.

Also i still feel their are certain teams we match up really poorly against. In the big games i find it very hard to see us beating manly for example.

What a stupid thread. Storm will do well to make the top 8. They have had a gift draw to start the year. Raiders, titans Souths and roosters. Three of those are def spoon contenders. Raiders changed my mind on Monday. Turn it up.

Last edited:

Gmac

Juniors
Lol funny thread. Only South's can be the true march premiers though.

Melbourne won't lose a game this year or next year.

If they go 25 games undefeated i'll be putting $100 on them to win the spoon (again) :sarcasm:

Melbourne are a great side ( even when its legally assembled ) but lets talk about them when they play a team with some ability. They have played:

Raiders: Gave them a run for there money early on. Probably a year away from being a good side.
Tits.. Wooden Spoon
Roosters. Better than Tits n parra but not by much.

Plus every side is one or two injuries away from falling in a giant heap and Melbourne are no different.

StormHi

Juniors
Mmmmm intresting thread

Its a long season but the early signs are great for the storm our foward pack is alot better then last year and The Big three are looking good (But so is widdop) I love the fact Chambers is seeing a run. (Now just need quinn to go and I'll be happy)

Warriors are our Boogie side (Just as we are the Broncos boogie side)

As for easy match ups?? Canberra played well so not an easy match up the Tits Played out of their skin vs us and against any other side with poorer defence they woulda won. So enough of this blah blah you had easy match ups (the weather was shocking as well) Very rarely will you get an easy match up I am sure manly fans all thought the sharks were gonna be a gift 2 points. The comp is alot closer then you think.

I actually think Saints are the Benchmark team atm They were very very very Impressive in their last hitout. For the Storm it is business as usual I really hope they don't peak to soon.

I don't think the Knights will get us this Friday night But you never know :)

StormHi

Juniors
As to Injuries last year we lost Cronk and diddnt really miss a beat (Losing slater again isnt really an issue we have Duffie to slide seamlessly into Fullback Smith down with injury however is a differnt matter I think if smith goes missing we really do suffer.

Gmac

Juniors
I am sure manly fans all thought the sharks were gonna be a gift 2 points. The comp is alot closer then you think.

Actually no. The sharks at shark park are equivalent to your warriors. Even our Star studded teams of the mid 90s had trouble winning there. And to be fair sharks played very well that night and deserved to win.

Dont get me wrong im not bagging out the storm at all. I love the rivalry Manly and Melbourne have. I might "hate" your club ( as a manly supporter is supposed to do ) but I'll always respect Melbourne's abilities and culture. They are a true example of how it should be done by everyone. ( Minus the cheating part :sarcasm:)

All im saying is that Melbourne might not look so unbeatable when they play a few good teams consecutively.

Have to agree re the Dragons. Very impressed.

Unfortunatley having no Stewart and williams makes our attack a little one dimensional. Non manly fans wont appreciate how many good things Matai brings to our game also. So our form is not fantastic and Dragons and storm are clearly the front runners atm.

But it means nothing in September

Gmac

Juniors
Oh and Widdop looks to be taking the line on with confidence this year. He looks VERY good.

StormHi

Juniors
Actually no. The sharks at shark park are equivalent to your warriors. Even our Star studded teams of the mid 90s had trouble winning there. And to be fair sharks played very well that night and deserved to win.

Dont get me wrong im not bagging out the storm at all. I love the rivalry Manly and Melbourne have. I might "hate" your club ( as a manly supporter is supposed to do ) but I'll always respect Melbourne's abilities and culture. They are a true example of how it should be done by everyone. ( Minus the cheating part :sarcasm:)

All im saying is that Melbourne might not look so unbeatable when they play a few good teams consecutively.

Have to agree re the Dragons. Very impressed.

Unfortunatley having no Stewart and williams makes our attack a little one dimensional. Non manly fans wont appreciate how many good things Matai brings to our game also. So our form is not fantastic and Dragons and storm are clearly the front runners atm.

But it means nothing in September

Awesome response thanks. I actually diddnt know that about the Sharks and Manly. Thats pretty intresting. And your injuries suck :( Hate seeing any team crippled by Injuries......

Yeah Dragons have suprised me with how well they are doing. Same with the bulldogs but that last loss the bulldogs had has me wondering if it's gonna be last year all over again for them....

Yeah really like Widdop atm not overthinking his game at all seems to be really comfortable.

Billythekid

First Grade
What a stupid thread. Storm will do well to make the top 8. They have had a gift draw to start the year. Raiders, titans Souths and roosters. Three of those are def spoon contenders. Raiders changed my mind on Monday. Turn it up.

:lol: How did you manage to even finish school?