What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Melbourne Seriously Be Stopped in 2012?

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
*Bump* Smashed one of the "Heavyweights" of the comp, Spine now has 24 try assists and 14 tries between them in 5 games, still think were not the best 1, 6, 7, 9 in history? LOL@LUW***ERS!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Best spine ever?

It's good, but give me Belcher, Daley, Stuart & Walters over the Storms ANY day of the week. I mean Widdop and Cronk are good, but Laurie Daley is one of the greatest players of all-time and Stuart one of the most complete halves of all-time.

As for whether or not anyone can stop the Storm, im sure someone will have said the same thing last year. The cream will rise to the top come September, so watch out for the likes of Manly, Broncos & Warriors who all have the ability to steamroll the Storm.

Iafeta

Referee
Aren't we in like round 5? :crazy: I'm sure we've all seen seasons where the media and some of fans who know little better come out and say club X is a certainty... doesn't always walk out that way though. I personally think Brisbane and Manly will be quite capable at the end of the year. That Brisbane forward pack is a top quality pack.

baldie

Juniors
*Bump* Smashed one of the "Heavyweights" of the comp, Spine now has 24 try assists and 14 tries between them in 5 games, still think were not the best 1, 6, 7, 9 in history? LOL@LUW***ERS!

the spine has yet to win a grand final. When Slater & co get at least 3 grand finals under their belts, then we can start talking.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Bu bu bu but but but i fowt thiz waz our big test and we havz onli beaten nuffies and LU said cum talk to uz after the knights game derrrppppppppppp. Please, we are clearly the best and favourites for the premiership with the greatest spine in RL history.

baldie

Juniors
Bu bu bu but but but i fowt thiz waz our big test and we havz onli beaten nuffies and LU said cum talk to uz after the knights game derrrppppppppppp. Please, we are clearly the best and favourites for the premiership with the greatest spine in RL history.

I am struggling to see how you can think a spine that has won 0 grand finals is the best in history?

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
The spine won 2 GF's and made 4, irrelevant that they were stripped because Ryan Hoffman was getting $11, 489 a week instead of $10,201, which obviously made him and his football skills improve 10 fold. We are playing fair now and still all we cop is "Cheats" This is why us Storm fans have an us vs them siege mentality. So i'll finish with a look@theladder! Merkins.

baldie

Juniors
The spine won 2 GF's and made 4, irrelevant that they were stripped because Ryan Hoffman was getting $11, 489 a week instead of $10,201, which obviously made him and his football skills improve 10 fold. We are playing fair now and still all we cop is "Cheats" This is why us Storm fans have an us vs them siege mentality. So i'll finish with a look@theladder! Merkins.

Even if you say they won 2 & lost 2 that is not new territory. Plenty of spines have won 2 or more.

But the fact is they have won 0. They have won a wooden spoon though.

mongoose

Coach
I am just amazed how lucky the Storm are with injuries. I would love to see a stat of how many games Slater/Smith/Cronk have missed over the past 5 years. The conditioning down there must be on a whole nother level to the rest of the comp.

LESStar58

Referee
ANZAC day.

Spot on. Although Cowboys in Townsville is always a test. I'm not convinced the Dogs recent form will last so they'll always be a threat too.

And if we take our foot off the pedal like we did last night we will sure as shit be stopped at the wrong time of the year!

Raider_69

Post Whore
top quality side
probably the games benchmark still

any given sunday guys. Storm can be perfect all year, to be stopped they only need 1 bad day.
As a raiders fan i dont fear them the way i used to, on our day we can beat them and i think most sides would feel the same

Lego_Man

First Grade
As Phil Gould pointed out last year - Melbourne play at (or near) their best every week. Other teams dont.

The time where other teams do, in the finals, is where the Storm are vulnerable. Otherwise they are a perennial Top 6 side, purely because of their consistency.

But there are other teams who are better than the Storm, when they both play to maximum potential.

Last edited:

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
What I find amazing about the Storm is that after some years being accused of playing boring game plans (the grind) this year they've played some of the most expansive, entertaining games of all. This means some mistakes, some moments off the boil - but if they have to you know they still have the ability to grind out a win. loving the way they are playing atm & as vulnerable as they have appeared in some moments each game (which does make them beatable) they are playing magic so far. team to beat by far....