What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can NZ do it now that it really matters?

Macca

Coach
You did very well in the ODI's, but can you carry this form through to the arena that really matters, the Test arena?

It would be a good start to the year beating SA. I hope you guys win purely because SA are a big threat to the Aussies.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well, considering over the last 3 or 4 years we have been a much better test side than one day side, at the moment I'm happy to accept our excellent one-day form. Our test pedigree over the last few years is not in question.

bayrep

Juniors
SA are looking like a side that wants to go home. Bowling and fielding are their major concerns. Their batting is still very good and with more time to settle in this could be a big advantage to them. Flemming has kicked Smiths butt when it comes to tactics so this could be the difference between the two sides.

I must admitt that I am getting sick of hearing Smith saying that man on man SA are a better team! If that is so prove it Smith as the results have proven otherwise so far.

Anonymous

Juniors
I think this could possibly be the start of an international slode for SAF. Alot of there big name players are getting on in age, and the new guys are taking there time to fill the void.

They went from batting geniuses to being 6 - 40 against a NZ side that wasn't given much if a chance to win the ODI series.

Their big batting 3 in Kallis, Smith and Gibbs, must fire in the Test series or it WILL be going NZ's way.

Macca

Coach
Come on kiwi's! I don't care what your last couple of series were like, where are your predictions for this one. Are you guys confident or not? SAF may want to go home, but there is plenty of talent there. Can you guys beat em? Can you thrash em? What are your predictions?

Macca

Coach
I didn't expect anything less from you Ozbash but thanks for the prediction.

salivor

First Grade
1 all or nil all
New Zealand have shown they are capable of stepping up to the big occaisons but without Bond I just feel we're not going to be able to take 20 wickets in all 3 tests against that strong SA batting lineup. NZ are going to be able to field one of their stronger Test sides in a long time but I just see this one finishing up in a drawn.

Macca

Coach
Can SA bowl the kiwi's out twice as well though? I reckon SA will be pretty keen to leave NZ on a high note. The loss in the ODI's might have been the motivation they needed.

bayrep

Juniors
1-0 to NZ 2 drawn. Smith will win the toss and put SA in on a green pitch, SA batting will clapse leaving NZ to bat for the next 3 days bowling out SA on the last day.

Next 2 tests will be drawn.

Rustay

Juniors
I reckon the kiwis will win the series 1-0 with two drawn, probably because of rain. Either way im looking forward to watching it all on fox, as well as the Sri Lanka tour. Lots of cricket 8)

Carn Kiwis.

weasel

First Grade
I think South Africa will win 1-0 or 2-0. Their test side is better than their one day side. In ODI's they've been a force in decline since the world cup, winning only 14 of 28 games, 5 of those coming against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. Gibbs, Smith, Kallis, Kirsten are all superb test batsmen, their team bats down to 9 or 10. I also expect the bowling of Pollock and Ntini to be more suited to the tests.

salivor

First Grade
Can SA bowl the kiwi's out twice as well though? I reckon SA will be pretty keen to leave NZ on a high note. The loss in the ODI's might have been the motivation they needed.

I definetly think they can. Forget about the one day performances, Ntini is one of the best Test bowlers in the world, probably the best at the moment with McGrath injured and he could be leathel on green seaming wickets. We'd be better off playing on slow and low pithces which we may get for the first test in Hamilton. SA batsmen don't play spin well and they don't have a great spinner themselves.

Craig

Juniors
2-1 to either side.

Has anybody else seen his massive technical flaw of Graeme Smith? I wouldnt be surprised if Smith doesnt score many runs over there.

Macca

Coach
It was 2-1 to anybody a minute ago. Now it is 2-0. :lol: Is that your final answer?? :lol:

JTR

Juniors
Rustay said:
I reckon the kiwis will win the series 1-0 with two drawn, probably because of rain. Either way im looking forward to watching it all on fox, as well as the Sri Lanka tour. Lots of cricket 8)

Carn Kiwis.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the SA v NZ test series won't be on Foxtel as it clashes with the AUS v SRL series :evil: