What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Souffs get any worse?

Charlie124

First Grade
I would lol @ souffs but im afraid it just doesnt cut it for me anymore. I think i need to step up and roflmao @ souffs.

tjothy

Juniors
You have to question their mobility around the middle of the field. People have been talking up their monster pack, and yes, they have a plethora of great players in their pack but they are all props. The Roosters and the Titans ran riot through the middle of the field and Souths couldnt stop it. Its ok to have one prop in the second row but you cant have 3.

Im starting to doubt Chris Sandow. His decision making is horrible. In the 80 minutes he played against the Roosters he put up one bomb to Todd Carney. He goes for the big play every play. He is a speed hump in defence. It wouldnt be that bad if he just tackled around the legs instead of going for a 1 in a 1000 shoulder charge.

They should get better as the year goes on and I cant see them coming last with players like Merrit and Sutton in the team but they dont look like the premiership side we were lead to believe would come out and play in the Grand Final.

Shorty

Staff member
You have to question their mobility around the middle of the field. People have been talking up their monster pack, and yes, they have a plethora of great players in their pack but they are all props. The Roosters and the Titans ran riot through the middle of the field and Souths couldnt stop it. Its ok to have one prop in the second row but you cant have 3.

Im starting to doubt Chris Sandow. His decision making is horrible. In the 80 minutes he played against the Roosters he put up one bomb to Todd Carney. He goes for the big play every play. He is a speed hump in defence. It wouldnt be that bad if he just tackled around the legs instead of going for a 1 in a 1000 shoulder charge.

They should get better as the year goes on and I cant see them coming last with players like Merrit and Sutton in the team but they dont look like the premiership side we were lead to believe would come out and play in the Grand Final.
Yeah you're right.

They obviously have the money, so why not buy a decent halfback instead of stocking up every year on a forward pack.

Feej

First Grade
They'll be fine. The dopey team I follow will play them back into form next week. :)

kbw

Bench
Thye will go no where with the worst 5/8 and the worst half in the comp
They are both absolute rubbish and would not be playing first grade for any other club. Taylor I think will end up being the dud buy of the year.
Sam Burgess will come good then probably realise he signed for the wrong club and leave

TheDalek079

Bench
Don't worry, Ben Ross will save them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wait, he'll be laying on the paddock with another broken neck

Loudstrat

Coach
lol@Soufss knockers after round 2. Round 2 ffs.

With that logic put your money on a Titans v Chooks GF. I dare ya.

Mickyd39

Juniors
I think Souths problems start with their coach. he has been out of the game for a while, Penrith got rid of him because they could see he was not adapting to the new style of game(inspired by the Storm).

To have your 3 best fowards on the bench at the same time for over 20 mins is criminal.

Admittley Taylor was not doing much but i think Souths should have gone for someone that is a bit fresher eg Stephen Kearney.

As long as Lang has Sandow at half back they won't win too many games. Sandow is not an organiser, he can't lead a team around the park,he is also a grub and loves a cheap shot. I think his own team mates hate him.

Having said that, i don't care who souths buy they will not win anything, well not in my life time, the club does not have a winning culture and it has been like that for a while.

I know some souths fans will come back with "we have one the most premierships" thats great but lets live in the now.

kbw

Bench
lol@Soufss knockers after round 2. Round 2 ffs.
With that logic put your money on a Titans v Chooks GF. I dare ya.

Poor defense from a Sandow lover.
They have been crap and after enduring months of, "we will be amazing" we will be in top 4" etc etc etc. Everyone has the right to bag them after 2 hopeless performances. Peoeple are commenting on 1 team not the comp. Only need to put money on Souths being rubbish and you probably can't odds for that now anyway

Fordy20

Juniors
The Titans are making the same mistake everyone else makes with Greg Bird by assuming that because he has played five eighth that he is a five eighth. At the moment Prince needs a person with vision alongside him to make things happen.

Bird is far too good a lock and support runner to be playing five eighth and trying to make him fulfill a play making role detracts from his natural game.

Mat Rogers is a far better five eighth and at his age should not be playing in the Centres. Some youngster should assume that role.

Ash Harrison is one of the most effective reserves in the game. He has great footwork and is deceptively agile. These attributes are best utilised when he is fresh and others have been running for 20 minutes. He needs to start on the bench.

If they make those changes then the Titans will be back to their best.

All good points, but I still don't rate their defence. Last year, Tagatese was the only one who showed any venom in defence. I thought having Greg Bird would help, but they still need some blokes that can hit hard and shake some teams up a bit.

As for Souths, another off season of big noting themselves and they still suck. All is good and just in the world. LOL@SOUFFS!