What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Tigers win the comp?

rupertpupkin

Juniors
Yes they can. Don't know if they will win it, but they can. I didn't believe they could until they beat Manly at Brookie. I felt the same way in 2005 about their chances up to about this point in the season. I've seen enough. They're doing better than the team in 2005 at this time. There's something going on with this team that doesn't come as a matter of course. They're a bunch of mostly under rated players who shouldn't be playing this good, yet they're ripping in and playing like a team with a point to prove. I'm not going to underestimate them anymore. Would feel better with a more experienced FB (2005 had Hodgson). It may come down to injuries. In 2005 the Tigers had a very low injury rate and the spine was untroubled. In 2005 the biggest threat was from Parra (not this year) and most importantly St. George (they beat the shit out of us that year)... so, maybe it will shape up like that again? Who knows? Maybe the Tigers will get bundled out... I don't care. I'm happier with what I've seen from this mob so far, than the finals games in 2011. This is like watching a park footy side saying "**** you!" and smashing it in 1st grade..

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
Of course there’s doubt but we’re ticking all the boxes atm

We’ve outgrinded some of the best teams of the modern era, come from behind in games and also blown teams off the park.

Today our depth was tested and we responded well. That’s the sign of a good team.

I can’t see how we miss the 8 the way we’re playing right now, and from there anything can happen
Dragons fans: hold my beer...

Grishnakh

Juniors
As a Magpie prior to the merger, this year has the feel of 1978.

Just watch us win the minor prem then fail to make the GF!

No seriously, I think we can win.

Front-Rower

First Grade
True. But, the first match didn't go so well. Just pointing out that they were a serious threat. They were a real chance themselves.

Yeah, I was at ANZ Stadium (Telstra in those days) for that game and they really only run over the top of us in the second half. I think we may have even lead at half time.

I think in 2005 avoiding both Melbourne and Parramatta in the semis made our lives so much easier (thank you Nth QLD).

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah, I was at ANZ Stadium (Telstra in those days) for that game and they really only run over the top of us in the second half. I think we may have even lead at half time.

I think in 2005 avoiding both Melbourne and Parramatta in the semis made our lives so much easier (thank you Nth QLD).

If we ended up on the other side of the draw in the finals that year we probably don’t win. I recall Parra and Melbourne being massive bogey teams for us around that era

Vozzy

Juniors
Better question is can the eels score more points then widdop.

Eels are currently 5th on the Individual points scoring ladder.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Better question is can the eels score more points then widdop.

Eels are currently 5th on the Individual points scoring ladder.
Is there a picture of Moses pointing at the 4 players above and yelling on the ladder?

no name

Coach
If they make the GF, you can count on some negative Russell Packer stories coming out that week.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Is there a picture of Moses pointing at the 4 players above and yelling on the ladder?

No but here are pictures of Mitchy assigning blame and planning his next moves. Having a history of going to shitter clubs for more money he has asked uncle Isaak to put feelers out to the Quirindi Grasshoppers for a Million a year Deal.

Moses.JPG

Initial Response from the Grasshoppers is on form they would lap Parra if given the chance.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Roosters will come good, Storm will improve, Dragons look solid. Panthers and Tigers will be up there. I can't see the premiers coming from oustide of these five. I think the Warriors will have a good season but fall in the bigger finals games. It will probably set them up for an even better year next year though.

Premiers? Dragons or Panthers for me.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
No but here are pictures of Mitchy assigning blame and planning his next moves. Having a history of going to shitter clubs for more money he has asked uncle Isaak to put feelers out to the Quirindi Grasshoppers for a Million a year Deal.

View attachment 19249

Initial Response from the Grasshoppers is on form they would lap Parra if given the chance.
/Sympathy.exe not found

Latest posts