What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we start openly enjoying being top of the ladder in peace?

I'll speak on behalf of myself, that's it. Why do a few of the Dragons fans cop sh*tloads? It's because of what they say, the chokers tag goes one way in conversations and the "we're on top" thing goes the other way. No matter what team is at the top, that doesn't exclude you from copping the verbal wrath from supporters of other clubs, only one thing can stop that - a premiership. So what if the people you're copping it from are supporters of lower teams, everyone will get their day in the end. This isn't one competition where you are on top forever.

A premiership is no fluke, and it is something that cannot be won by default, like Gaba has previously said. The thing that has annoyed me about Dragons fans in 2009 is the fact, from the start, they believe they will win the premiership with no problems. That of course, opens up the choking tag more often than not, because if you didn't win with so many supporters on here claiming it since, probably April, well, that amount is said.

I for one want to see the Dragons stuff up to shut up a fair amount of people on here, however, in saying that, there are a few Dragons fans on here that keep level with the rest of the other teams. They don't think they've got the right to say something because the Dragons are on top at the moment. You think you've copped it? How many times have I been cancelled out of an argument in 2009 because of my teams performances. Hence, you guys aren't the only ones. It happens to every bloody team.

The fact is, a lot of Dragons fans on here are some of the cockiest rugby league fans I've ever seen. A premiership is never in the bag, never ever. In saying that, your team has a massive chance for taking it, if they don't, bad luck, you'll cop it.

I personally don't have the jealous tag. F*cking enjoy the moment, but if you're verbally going to enjoy it out loud, you're gonna cop something. It's an internet forum.

I don't think everything I said was compiled correctly, but you got my point, and hopefully the answer.

big pat

Coach
I'll speak on behalf of myself, that's it. Why do a few of the Dragons fans cop sh*tloads? It's because of what they say, the chokers tag goes one way in conversations and the "we're on top" thing goes the other way. No matter what team is at the top, that doesn't exclude you from copping the verbal wrath from supporters of other clubs, only one thing can stop that - a premiership. So what if the people you're copping it from are supporters of lower teams, everyone will get their day in the end. This isn't one competition where you are on top forever.

A premiership is no fluke, and it is something that cannot be won by default, like Gaba has previously said. The thing that has annoyed me about Dragons fans in 2009 is the fact, from the start, they believe they will win the premiership with no problems. That of course, opens up the choking tag more often than not, because if you didn't win with so many supporters on here claiming it since, probably April, well, that amount is said.

I for one want to see the Dragons stuff up to shut up a fair amount of people on here, however, in saying that, there are a few Dragons fans on here that keep level with the rest of the other teams. They don't think they've got the right to say something because the Dragons are on top at the moment. You think you've copped it? How many times have I been cancelled out of an argument in 2009 because of my teams performances. Hence, you guys aren't the only ones. It happens to every bloody team.

The fact is, a lot of Dragons fans on here are some of the cockiest rugby league fans I've ever seen. A premiership is never in the bag, never ever. In saying that, your team has a massive chance for taking it, if they don't, bad luck, you'll cop it.

I personally don't have the jealous tag. F*cking enjoy the moment, but if you're verbally going to enjoy it out loud, you're gonna cop something. It's an internet forum.

I don't think everything I said was compiled correctly, but you got my point, and hopefully the answer.

the biggest load of dribble i have read in ages.

boxa777

Coach

That's what a spoon will do for u folks..

PS.. If anyone is gloating, it is a tiny tiny minority. Don't simply apply fractions based on the size of the Rooster supporters. There is a sh*tload of Saints supporters out there and if some are counting their chickens before they hatch already, then rest assured that is a significant minority.

Most on here like me are not old enough to have seen a premiership and am certainly a long way away from celebrating or taking anything for granted.

Don't confuse enjoyment for cockiness. This is a very enjoyable season so far for us Saints supporters..

So far.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
we need to lose three games and by big margins to loose the minor premiership, I dont think that will happen.
this year will live im my memory for ever

silverex

Bench
To NT

If you read the original post you will see that there is NO mention of a premiership.

This post is to do with being on top of the table and MAYBE winning the minor premiership - nothing more. Some other contributors may be claiming the premiership prematurely, but that's their prerogative.

Cagey Mac

Bench
we need to lose three games and by big margins to loose the minor premiership, I dont think that will happen.
this year will live im my memory for ever

Minor premiership betting as of yesterday had the Dragons $1.03 and the Bulldogs $10.00
Seems like the bookies are the only ones getting cocky!

LazyDreamer

Bench
To NT

If you read the original post you will see that there is NO mention of a premiership.

This post is to do with being on top of the table and MAYBE winning the minor premiership - nothing more. Some other contributors may be claiming the premiership prematurely, but that's their prerogative.

Bingo.

W.Smith

Juniors
I copped it off a bloke at Chuillora Woolworths the other night as i was wearing my Dragons beanie

He walks past me saying "gooooo the Dragons, mate", so i just nod and smile then he sez "not long til they choke now eh", i just sed, "not this year buddy, different mindset this year"

and he just laughed and sed "well see" - a good thing too i reckon, i love how everyone is waiting for Saints to fall over but they just show their ignorance in not getting that this team is better than the good sides Browny had at his disposal

Thanks for the "life lesson" NT.

Fancy a Rorters supporter accusing others of being "cocky".

Your club's emblem is a c**k, for f**ks sake!!!!

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Quite frankly, I think NT makes some valid points.

At the end of the day (to use a well worn cliche), it is a minority of Saints fans that are saying that it's in the bag, and I can see how that minority is giving ammo to opposition supporters when we still have 5 weeks plus the finals to go. By all means enjoy being on top of the table, but the comp is FAR from over, and I, like most of us, am taking it one week at a time.

Latest posts