What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we turn this horror injury toll to an advantage?

Bubbles, what can you tell us about Payten? He is being nursed through as well, surely?

His ankle is still dodgy....(Damn that f******g tennis ball).

He has a chronic calf injury and his knees are questionable at best.

The issue is that he will get better, but it will take time.

This is why he ie being given the softly, softly treatment at present.

As you all know when one part of your leg or back goes, you adjust the way you walk and normally strain other areas. So imagine trying to get better and manage injuries while playing first grade football, defending in the middle of the foeld and getting belted when you run the ball up.

Todd will be ok in time, he is a massively important cog in our ever decreasing wheel of important cogs.

grandorient

Bench
I am sorry to see so many injuries to you guys.

With a full complement, you guys are one of the finest teams in the league to watch (not counting the Dragons of course)

We should all be thankfull that many, if not most will be back within the coming weeks.

Don't worry too much, you guys will be there at the pointy end of the season. Too good a squad and coach, not to be.

GO

N.C.

Juniors
I am sorry to see so many injuries to you guys.

With a full complement, you guys are one of the finest teams in the league to watch (not counting the Dragons of course)

We should all be thankfull that many, if not most will be back within the coming weeks.

Don't worry too much, you guys will be there at the pointy end of the season. Too good a squad and coach, not to be.

GO
Thanks mate.

... and not to worry, we don't count the Dragons as a fine team to watch either.

Boom, tish!

gronkathon

First Grade
We are skirting the edges of our depth but we still have a bit to come. I never thought I would see this happen and I never thought I would see Sheens use State Cup as a backup like he should have last year

super_coach

First Grade
We are skirting the edges of our depth but we still have a bit to come. I never thought I would see this happen and I never thought I would see Sheens use State Cup as a backup like he should have last year

The sheer magnitude of our injury toll has forced his hand a little, but Iam glad his looking at all the grades. What sort of impact will this have on our salary cap??? A lot of second tier contract players getting NRL game time.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
While on injuries it has been well documented in the media that Farah is not 100% and is being nursed through the week to get him ready for game day. My info tells me he urgently requires a operation that will see him side lined for ten weeks and that will happen in a week our two when we get Ellis,Gibbs and Fulton back. In the mean time Hyland and Naderia are being groomed for the gig (thats why they have been doing the warm ups in recent weeks)
Why was this injury not detected in the offseason and the surgery done then?

Borat.

Juniors
While on injuries it has been well documented in the media that Farah is not 100% and is being nursed through the week to get him ready for game day. My info tells me he urgently requires a operation that will see him side lined for ten weeks and that will happen in a week our two when we get Ellis,Gibbs and Fulton back. In the mean time Hyland and Naderia are being groomed for the gig (thats why they have been doing the warm ups in recent weeks)

Where is it documented that farah is not 100% fit- only "documentation" I have seen on Farah is he wants to be more of a traditional 9- catch and pass, wants to let the 6 and 7 do the play-making ....

Radical Rat

Juniors
Where is it documented that farah is not 100% fit- only "documentation" I have seen on Farah is he wants to be more of a traditional 9- catch and pass, wants to let the 6 and 7 do the play-making ....

Here's one snippet:

The Wests Tigers have no more major issues to add to their injury woes this week. Captain Robbie Farah is still being troubled by a groin problem, but is not believed to be in any doubt for the clash with Sydney Roosters on Sunday. The club has already lost centre Chris Lawrence (dislocated hip), winger Lote Tuqiri (broken arm) and halfback Robert Lui (ankle) from the squad that defeated Canberra last Saturday night.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-date-with-brisbane-looms-20110331-1cnh4.html

Benji Magic

Juniors
Over the next six weeks we'll face:

R4 Roosters "away" (SFS) - currently missing Perrett, Watts, Cherrington
R5 Rabbitohs home (SFS) - currently missing Pettybourne with a 3 week suspension
R6 Titans away (Skilled Park) - currently missing Harrison, Friend
R7 Broncos home (SFS) - currently missing Hoffman, Anderson
R8 Raiders away (Canberra Stadium) - currently missing Campese, Tongue
R9 Bye

Info sourced from various websites and may be unreliable. Anyone got any inside mail on other clubs' injury lists?

All in all, it's not the worst draw for us over this tricky stage of the season...

2-3 wins out of this lot plus the bye leaves us on 10-12 points at round 9. I'd be happy with that

macnaz

Staff member
Why was this injury not detected in the offseason and the surgery done then?

Good question , i did hear this injury to Farah tho mentioned somewhere prior to the seasons start and it was a major worry i had that he wouldnt last the whole year :( and its looking a bit that way from what ppl are saying.
There was also concerns over Ellis needing surgery wasnt there ? Although he is supposed to be out with an ankle injury there is an underlying groin injury he is struggling with ...

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Good question , i did hear this injury to Farah tho mentioned somewhere prior to the seasons start and it was a major worry i had that he wouldnt last the whole year :( and its looking a bit that way from what ppl are saying.
There was also concerns over Ellis needing surgery wasnt there ? Although he is supposed to be out with an ankle injury there is an underlying groin injury he is struggling with ...
Why didn't super coach sign Riddell then?

He basically chased him away with a stick telling him he would be relegated to reserve grade.

I'm glad Sheens is a moron.

Latest posts